Fan Fic / Dudley Dursley's Sassy Gay Friend
"Dudley Dursley's Sassy Gay Friend" is a funny AU which portrays a flamboyantly gay Harry Potter who manages (with the help of Mio) to form a connection with his bullying cousin Dudley. It started off as a parody of Harry Potter and the Second City Network's Sassy Gay Friend videos, but the world illustrated through the silly oneshots is expanding. Characters develop as they fall in and out of love, Dudley and Harry age a little with each oneshot (the story started when they were both eight years old, and at the most recent update, Dudley was eleven and Harry was ten.), and big issues such as homophobia and bullying are tackled (particularly in chapter three). Through it all, the unlikely bromance strengthens over Mio and sausages
Can be found here
Contains Examples of:
- Big Brother Bully: Dudley is this in canon. Harry's flamboyant homosexuality indirectly caused the cousins to become friends.
- Camp Gay: Harry, of course.
- Crack Fic: Can be serious at times, but also contains unrealistic use of underage magic and spontaneous musical numbers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Harry
- Dysfunction Junction: The Dursley family, when you think about it. Further explored in the companion fic "Nowhere Near Normal." This fic is based on the musical "Next to Normal." Big, Screwed-Up Family.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Harry and Dudley. Although Harry's gay, Dudley and Harry are lifelong friends.
- Incompatible Orientation: It's implied in chapter four that Harry and Mandy once shared a kiss out of curiosity and that they were each other's first kiss. Due to Harry's preferences, their relationship never developed past that of Platonic Life Partners or that of a Fag Hag and her Pet Homosexual.
- One of Us: The author, Sideshow Starlet, put together this page and edits it whenever she's bored.
- The Unfavorite: Harry is still this, just like in canon. However, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia tend to treat him a little better since he is friends with their son. And when they do abuse Harry, Harry's magic and... fabulousness tend to mitigate most of the negative effects. For example, Harry is able to expand and decorate his cupboard as he sees fit.
- Running Gag: Mio, sausages, and Tangy the sparkly orange scarf.
- Shout-Out: The Simpsons; Family Guy; Fight Club; Wicked; Next to Normal.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Harry and Dudley