It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Fan Fic: Dragon Ball Insanity School
Dragon Ball: Insanity School
is an Italian Dragon Ball Fan Fiction
written by a fan under the nickname of "Final Goku".
It started as a humorous High School AU
where all the main cast still attend the same class in the same school, though many chapters are set outside of this context and are affectionate parodies of the main arcs of both Dragon Ball Z
and Dragon Ball GT
, plus some other original situations. The series is pretty funny though sometimes it employs Vulgar Humor
The whole fic counts 23 chapters and ends in a Cliff Hanger
For those who can understand Italian, here's a link
Dragon Ball Insanity School contains examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Trunks' sword.
Trunks:" Yup, just be careful it's very.."
- Abusive Parents: Vegeta and also Goku.
- Affably Evil: Cell have a gentle and nice conversation with C-18.... before devouring her for his One-Winged Angel.
- Affectionate Parody
- Ass Shove: How Cell knock out Pan with a sneak attack using his stinger tail.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Super Bu tries to pull this on Gohan to no effect. It works on Goku though.
- Bad Ass: Goku.
- Berserk Button: Super Bu doesn't like to be compared with a "kimono-wearing sausage". Also when Goku Super Sayan 4 is smashing Baby around, he calls out Vegeta for being a spineless and inferior warrior. This prompts Vegeta to turn into the Golden Oozaru.
- A whole chapter is focused on the main cast trying to take a magazine away from a sleeping Goku without waking him up. When they eventually do he's so pissed that he blast them all to the North Pole with a Kamehameha.
- Big Eater: The Sayans of course. During Crilin's one-sided battle against C-17 they kill the time by devouring lots of food (including a colossal sandwich, a whole stack of mozzarella cheese and a gargantuan pizza).
- Bishounen Line: Spoofed when Bulma mistake's Majin Bu's transformation for a slimming technique.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When Babidi tells Vegeta that he can solve his problems about Goku and the tournament.
Vegeta:"How could you know that!? Wait, did you... read the script!? Final Goku, you bastard!! I want to read that too!!"
- Later, when Crilin's Heroic Resolve fails, Piccolo blames it on Final Goku again.
- Brought Down to Normal: In the last chapter, Broly accidentally removes Goku's tail. With a Big "NO!" from Goku and a Big "YES!" from Vegeta.
- Brutal Honesty: Piccolo, during Crilin's showdown against C-17
Piccolo:" What a lousy fight!"
Goten:" Oh, come on! Crilin is doing his best, fighting for the sake of his wife and his friends, putting everything's got in the heated battle!"
Piccolo:" .... It's still a lousy fight!"
- Butt Monkey: Crilin, Vegeta and Freeza, who first suffers an Humiliation Conga and later is bullied around by Cell.
- Calling Your Attack: Played straight in the first chapters, spoofed during the Baby arc, whose attacks names are so long that Goku eventually fall asleep and gets hit later.
- Camp Gay: Freeza and apparently Cooler.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: Weaponized. In order to punish Pan, Gohan force her to listen at Piccolo's list of jokes.
- Casual Kink: Pan and Trunks are in bondage.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Comically Missing the Point: When Vegeta tries to remember what "powerful and dreaded skill" Baby had.
Vegeta:"Now I remember! He was an ace in Origami! He could do anything, even the most complicated ones!"
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Goten.
Goten:" Let's see, I've made you tuna, leeks, mayonnaise, sausages, jam, onions and chocolate cream''.
Trunks:" Well, this sauce looks good (Both he and Bra eat a spoonful of it) But where's the rest?"
- Covert Pervert: Goku accept to help Pan to get away from her punishment. In exchange he wants her album of naughty pictures of her and Trunks.
- Creepy Crossdresser: Freeza, who wears lipstick and make up and has (at home) an evening dress.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Goku against almost everyone else, while Vegeta is usually at the receiving end. Also C-17 against Crilin, for letting him marry C-18.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Apparently Gohan, who admit it when Kaioshin reveals himself.
- Destructo-Nookie: What happened between C-18 and Crilin in a wardrobe, leaving the latter totally exhausted.
- Disproportionate Retribution: What happens to Bulma when Vegeta sees Future!Trunks for the first time. Namely, he chews her out accusing her of cloning his son and beat her to a pulp for half an hour screaming all the swear words he knows at her. After realizing his mistake he ask for forgiveness and spends the following three days sitting in a corner.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Darbula is eaten offscreen by Majin Bu. Much to Babidi's despair.
- Easily Forgiven: Baby. Mainly because when still possessing Goten he destroyed the school with a ki-blast, granting them six months of freedom.
- Effeminate Misogynistic Guy: Freeza is portrayed as one. As he stated, he "hates every female life form, except for himself." He's also Camp Gay.
- Enemy Mine: How Baby manages to take over Vegeta.
Baby:"Come on, Vegeta!"
Baby:"We could take over the universe!"
Baby:"We could eat as much as we want!"
Baby:"We could kick Goku's ass!"
Vegeta:"...What the hell are you waiting for!? Come in!!"
- Escalating Brawl: This happens at the end of the World Tournament. Vegeta, who is angry at Trunks, hits him, prompting Pan to come to his help and getting hit, prompting Gohan to join the battle, prompting Trunks to protect his father, prompting Goten to defend his brother, prompting Vegeta to protect his son and finally pushing Goku to help his sons.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Cell berates Freeza for using an audiotape of Piccolo's worse jokes to torture Pan.
- Faux Action Girl: Pan during the Baby arc.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Cell's act of ultimate evil consist in..... stopping the main cast from using the bathroom. For the Lulz.
- Foe Yay: Freeza has a crush on Trunks.
- Heel-Face Turn: Baby and eventually Freeza and Cell after being curb-stomped by Pan.
- Heroic Resolve: During the hopeless battle against C-17, Crilin gets motivated by C-18 cheering for him and unleash a superpowerful attack. It fails to do any damage at all because, as Goku stated, he's not the main character.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Parodied when Vegeta tries to pull a Taking You with Me on Majin Bu and everyone stops him, telling him to quit that bullshit.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Freeza succumbs to the audiotape of Piccolo's worst jokes used to torture Pan.
- Humiliation Conga: Freeza, who gets beaten to a pulp by Goku, is slammed against a wall by Cell, cut himself with Trunks' sword, lost his toe to Trunks' sword (again) and finally as he leave the hospital he's hit by Goku's Spirit Bomb by mistake.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: Subverted and parodied when Darbula "tests" Majin Vegeta
Darbula: " Destroy this wall!"
(Vegeta destroys the wall)
Darbula: " Use the Big Bang Attack!"
(Vegeta cast the Big Bang Attack)
- I Let You Win: C-17 to Crilin, only because he realized that he and his sister could exploit him for cash to no end.
- Ignored Enemy: Majin Bu at first. He has to pass himself for a snack vendor in order to draw their attention on him.
- In-Series Nickname: "Comma-head" for Baby.
- Incest Is Relative: At one point Pan tries to hit on Goku.
Goku:" No Pan!! How many time I have told you this!? We're relatives, so no way!!"
- Jerk Ass: Everyone, but Goten takes the cake: he ends up destroying Vegeta's house by accident while he was away, promise to help Trunks and Bra and then he promptly blames them for everything.
- Killed Off for Real: Majin Bu.
- Lampshade Hanging: In the very first chapter the characters lampshade about how they're all in the same class despite the technically different ages.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Future!Trunks arrives long after the androids and Cell. Later Kaioshin too.
Kaioshin:" I'm here to warn you about a grave danger that must be stopped at once before it dooms us all... Majin Bu!"
Trunks:" Dude, you're as efficient as my future counterpart. Bu's already here."
- Leeroy Jenkins: Vegeta. To the point that Goku's main tactic is waiting for Vegeta to charge at the new enemy, watching him getting pummeled and then elaborate a counter attack.
- Manly Gay: Broly in the last chapter.
- Mistaken for Gay: Baby, when he tells Goten that he "wants his body". He also complains that this always happens to him.
- Mundane Utility: Goten using Ki blasts to fry mosquitoes.
- Mugging the Monster: The first encounter between Freeza and Cell.
Freeza: " Hey Hey! You're a new one? You must know that there are rules here that saysa that you must.."
Cell:" Get the F*** out of here!!" (Slams Freeza on the wall with a slap)
Freeza:" Enough! I'll change school, there are too many guys stronger than me around here..."
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Majin Vegeta on Goku, especially when he finds out that he slept with his wife.
- Offhand Backhand: While asleep, Goku does this to Pan when she tries to recover the magazine he's holding in his arms. This later gets upped when Goku cast a Kamehameha at Vegeta while still asleep.
- Official Couple: Besides the canon couples we also have Trunks and Pan.
- Oh, Crap: Majin Vegeta, when Goku turns into a Super Sayan 3 mid combat and proceed to hand him his ass.
- Oh My Gods!: "Holy Kaioshin!" is used as a swear word. When Kaioshin himself see Majin Buu he says "Holy Myself!"
- Old Shame: In his childhhod Goku used to date Broly who gave him lots of candies. This comes back to bite his ass in the last chapter.
- One-Scene Wonder: Nappa, Raditz, Cooler, C-16 and Darbula.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Raditz.
Raditz:" Sob, is that possible that I'm so overshadowed by my brother that no one remembers my name anymore!?"
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Ginyu Force. Used to distract the teacher in case of a surprise exam.
- Right Behind Me: Happens to Pan when she starts bad-mouthing Gohan in front of her friends.
- Rogues Gallery: Parodied at one point when Freeza meet Cell and learns that he want revenge on the Z class.
Freeza:" You too? Damn, those bastards have a lot of enemies, haven't they..."
(a crowd of gloomy and mysterious characters appears behind them) "More than you can think of!!" (they disappear).
Freeza:" What was that!?"
- Say My Name: Inversion, Vegeta rarely calls someone with his proper name, to the point that Gohan wonder if he's something against the practice of baptism.
- Sex Face Turn: How Goku frees Chichi from Baby's brainwashing.
- Shown Their Work: At one point Piccolo hit Pan with a shoe when she whistle near him. The third movie shown that Nameks are weakened by whistles.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: At one point Vegeta ends up imagining a submissive Goku dressed as a maid.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Cooler, who tells Freeza that he'll show him how to handle Sayans.... and is sent flying away by Goku.
Cell:" I was waiting for you Goku, Now, you'll face the Perfect Being!!"
Goku:" Yeah... sure..."
Cell:" Look, I'm not bragging or else, is Gero who gave me this name!"
- Toilet Humor: The whole fight with Cell is riddled of this, as he's stopping them from using the bathrooms.
- Too Dumb to Live: Goku.
- Took a Level in Badass: Pan, and how...
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: All the good guys, except maybe Gohan and Piccolo.
- Villain Team-Up: Freeza and Cell in one of the latest chapters.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Babidi.