A FanFic adaptation of ''VideoGame/DonkeyKongCountry2DiddysKongQuest'' starring Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. It can be found [[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4028795/1/Diddys_Kong_Quest here]].
!!List of Tropes appearing in ''Diddy's Kong Quest'':
* AbnormalAmmo: Diddy and Dixie each wield one of the peanut popguns from ''VideoGame/DonkeyKong64''. The coconut cannon is also mentioned briefly.
* AddedAlliterativeAppeal: Going beyond the games it is based upon: eight of the ten chapters have titles that are the (already alliterating) names of the world they cover with some extra words added. A few examples are Crashed in the Crocodile Cauldron, A Kiss in Krazy Kremland, Kongs Causing Chaos in K. Rool's Keep. Chapter six takes this UpToEleven with Interlude Involving Infuriating Indecisiveness, Immolation by Insects, Inability to Intervene in Improper Immersion in Ichor, and Illogical Investigation in Illboding Apiary.
* AmusementParkOfDoom: Krazy Kremland. The rollercoasters are described as "not all of [them] were always completely lethal to all those who rode them."
* BattleCouple: The two main characters.
* BerserkButton: Whatever you do, never make fun of K. Rool's first name [[spoiler:Kermit]].
* ConvectionSchmonvection: Unlike the original game, Averted with the Crocodile Cauldron and the lava level in the Lost World. Both of them are described as a complete hell, and the only way Diddy and Dixie survive them is by staying far from the lava.
* DeadpanSnarker: Dixie.
* DistressedDamsel: Dixie, in chapter 6. Chapter 7 and 8 focus mainly on her, probably to allow her to regain her ActionGirl status afterwards.
* OhCrap: In chapter 10, when Diddy sees some Zingers approach them.
* RhinoRampage: Both times Rambi appears, he does this. He even quotes ''VideoGame/StarfoxAdventures'' the first time: "Get on my back. Let's do some damage!"
* ShoutOut: Quite a lot of them. To ''VideoGame/StarfoxAdventures'', VideoGame/MonkeyIsland, StarWars, among others
* TotallyRadical: Funky Kong.
* VillainousBreakdown: K. Rool suffers this when he reveals his full name, which includes an EmbarrassingFirstName: [[spoiler:Kaptain Kermit Rool]]. Diddy, Dixie, and even his own henchmen stop trying him seriously, and actually laugh at his first name, provoking him to go completely nuts.
* WhatHappenedToTheMouse: Diddy and Dixie never met the mysterious technician with the sly voice, nor do we learn what happened to him. Since the author has stated he's going to write a sequel, this may be a SequelHook. Or it may be a cameo by Snide from ''[=DK64=]''.