Depravare: To taint or corrupt. There are new shinigami. "I am... Righteous."Depravare
is a Death Note Continuation Fic
in which two new Shinigami stir up trouble...
Depravare provides examples of:
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Averted. When Kira and Righteous learn about their past lives it doesn't put a strain on their friendship and they even joke about having caused each other's deaths.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: when Righteous and Kira are (re)introduced to each other in the Shinigami realm:
Righteous: I am Righteous.
Kira: I am Kira.
Righteous: (smiles) I've been waiting for you.
Kira: I've missed you.
- Bishonen Line: Righteous and Kira are nicer and cooler looking than your typical Shinigami.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Righteous
- Break the Haughty: Near
- Broken Pedestal: Near with L.
- Butt Monkey: Matsuda and Near.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: It's one of the Rules the Shinigami are bound by of course this doesn't stop Kira and Righteous from getting around the rules.
- Cessation of Existence: this happens to Kira and Righteous after the Shinigami King discovers that they are lovers.
- Chains Of Love: When both L and Light arrive in the Shinigami world they both are wearing matching ends of the handcuffs.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Kira
- Chrome Champion: Righteous
- Continuation Fic
- Cosmic Plaything: Kira and Righteous mess around with Matsuda and Near and they themselves are at the whims of the Shinigami King.
- Deader than Dead: Kira and Righteous
- Death Activated Superpower
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: How Kira and Righteous get around Rule 36.
- Easily Forgiven: Kira and Righteous are completly comfortable with each other and they can joke about the fact that they caused each other's deaths as humans.
- Face Framed in Shadow: Kira has this look permanently as a Shinigami.
- For Science!: Kira and Righteous experiment with Death Note Rule 15 "If writing the same name on more than two Death Notes is completed within 0.06 seconds, it is regarded as simultaneous; the Death Note will not take effect and the individual written will not die." They use Matsuda as their test subject so he becomes immune to the Death Note.
- Foreign Language Title: It's Latin.
- Ghost Amnesia: Kira and Righteous don't remember much about their human lives.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Kira's eyes.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Near
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Righteous has black feathered wings and Kira has bone wings.
- Guilt Complex: Matsuda.
- Gut Punch: the ending.
- I'll Take That as a Compliment: Matsuda takes it as a compliment when Light remarks "And here I thought Matsuda was supposed to be not the brightest of the force? Even he can work out" when the police are being idiots.
- In Harm's Way: Kira and Righteous know how to play it safe but then, that's boring...
- Interspecies Friendship: Matsuda with Kira and Righteous.
- Intertwined Fingers: Kira does this with Righteous and Near realizes they are lovers.
- Jerk Ass: Near.
- Kill the Cutie: Kira and Righteous
- Laser-Guided Karma: Near goes insane for being a Jerk Ass.
- Limited Wardrobe: Righteous wears tattered rags that were once a white sweater and blue jeans and Kira wears a tattered suit.
- Love Martyr: Matsuda is a (platonic) one for Light and L.
Whatever Kira did to Matsuda, it has permanently warped him. Or maybe not; maybe it simply laid the foundations, and their reappearance in his life is what has twisted his sense of self to the point that he will happily provide them with food and information, let them insult him and torment him, and seem better pleased with his life than he ever was before their return.
It hardly matters. He is as he is, and he is useful as he is.
- Must Make Amends: Matsuda is very, very sorry about shooting Light.
- Non-Mammalian Hair: Righteous has black feathers on his head that resembles long hair.
- Not So Different: Kira and Righteous (Light and L) have always readily accepted this about each other and are offended when Near doesn't get it, he doesn't want to see Kira as anything but an evil mass murderer and his mentor as anything less than a saint.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Matsuda
- Power Dyes Your Hair: As a Shinigami Kira's hair becomes blood red.
- Recursive Fanfiction: This fic was inspired by Silver Pard's Apples = Cyanide = Light.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Kira's eyes.
- Revenge Fic: Against Near.
- Sidekick: Matsuda
- Slash Fic: L/Light
- Slasher Smile: Kira
- Sex Is Violence: How Kira and Righteous get around rule 36.
- Smug Snake: Near.
- Stages of Monster Grief: Averted, Righteous is pleased with his looks.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
- This Is My Human: Kira and Righteous choose Matsuda to be their pet. And Matsuda fetches them potato chips and cake.
- Together in Death: L and Light, twice.
- Trademark Favorite Food: for Kira it's potato chips and for Righteous it's cake.
- Transhuman Treachery: L
- Unholy Matrimony: Kira and Righteous
- Victory Is Boring: Righteous and Kira deduce that this is why Light lost to Near.
- Villains Blend In Better: Kira adapts to being a Shinigami easier than Righteous does and he teaches him some new things about the Death Note.
- Warrior Therapist: Righteous picks fights with Kira to help him let off steam. Of course by the very nature of their "fighting..." it might count more as a Cool Down Hug.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: "Petty fool. Shinigami cannot love. You really know nothing, do you?"
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Kira and Righteous play dangerous games to keep their existence interesting.
- You Have to Believe Me: Near does this. Naturally no one believes him except the Shinigami King. Woops.