Fan Fic: Danny Phantom The Randy Newman Trinity
"Every person a man touches is affected by his actions. These connections affect us all, perhaps the worst being those not too close but not too far..."A High Concept Danny Phantom fanfic series in-progress by Ronnie, The Randy Newman Trinity is a series of three stories, following side-characters with hanging plot threads, that all intertwine with each other at various points, named and mildly themed by Randy Newman songs. All are in various points of writing, with one in the process of publishing on Fanfiction Dot Net.
- Valerie Gray: Tell Me Lies- Chronologically beginning second and ending earliest, which follows Valerie Gray, only a few short weeks after Phantom Planet, still dealing with Danny's revelation. However, everything takes a backseat when a familiar face shows up and needs her help.
- Dani Phantom: When Somebody Loved Me, the longest by neccessity, and chronologically earliest, picking up after D-Stabilized, with Dani becoming disenchanted with her lifestyle on the road, finding out that the Ecto-dejecto wasn't as permanent as she'd hoped, and doing her darnedest not to need help, before realizing the reason why she went into the world wasn't something she'd find on the road: A place where she could be loved.
- Vlad Masters: Half a Man- After being hit by the Disasteroid, Vlad is slowly losing his powers to Ectoranium poisioning, and must return to Earth. He burns off what's left of his ghost powers after being hit by the meteor saving himself from death upon re-entry into Earth's atmosphere, and is forced into some heavy thought. He realizes that he had become a villain, and decides to spend his second chance atoning for his misdeeds. But first, he has a loose end he has to tie up... if only he could find her.
This series provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Part of its main purpose.
- The Atoner: Vlad becomes this.
- Demoted To Phlebotinum: Danny, aside from being an emotional plot device to Valerie, is only involved in the plot at all because Dani needs his DNA.
- Fantastic Racism: Valerie has to deal with hers.
- Heel-Face Turn: Vlad.
- Lampshade Hanging: On Vlad's Motive Decay from Season 3.
- Not So Different: Dani learned what buttons to push on people from her father and her time on the streets, not that she'd ever admit it.
- P.O.V. Sequel: In a manner of speaking- events where the title characters interact will be retold from the other point-of-view across the series, bringing in extra insight into their thought processes and the plot.
- Rousseau Was Right: Danielle, of all people, thinks this about people.
- Supporting Protagonist: Danielle and Valerie in each other's stories.
- Zany Scheme: Dani's plans to deal with her problem.