"I'm going to cast a resurrection spell to rip through reality itself in order to bring Danni (no, not that one) back to life, thus restoring the status quo and hopefully making me...I mean, everyone feel better."
—Samantha Manson to Tucker Foley, Chapter Two Time Isn't Up
A "Danny Phantom
" Fan Fic
written by PhanOfDP333
, posted on Fanfiction Dot Net
. The author says
it's an Ultimate Universe
A mysterious being, wanting revenge on the Fentons, causes an explosion in Fenton Work's laboratory, killing young Danielle (no, not that one
) Fenton. Her best-friend (and potential-love-interest
) Samantha Manson brings her back to life with help from the third in their trio, Tucker Foley
. Upon Danni's resurrection, the trio quickly discover Danni is still "half-ghost"
, leaving her with ghostly-abilities.
The three friends are the only (or so they think
) ones who remember Danni ever died, as reality itself seems to have been altered. Things get complicated when her parents finish their Fenton Ghost-Portal, which leads into the Ghost World, dubbed the "Ghost Zone" by the Fentons.Now with a Character Sheet. Go 'head and check it out.Give it a try.
You might just like it.
Resurrection contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: The Mansons are implied to be much worse than their canon incarnations, and are much more disapproving of Danni and Tucker than canon, but to what extent has not been revealed just yet.
- Adults Are Useless: Subverted. Lancer is a pretty cool guy, the Fentons are less oblivious, etcetera.
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: Dora's Amulet of Aragon. Sam gets to use it.
- An Aesop: A parody at the end of each story-arc (it's at the very bottom of the page in each of the chapters listed):
- At the end of the "Mystery Meat" arc (It's Lunchtime): donít change your schoolís cafeteria menu or an evil ghost will try and kill you.
- At the end of the "One of a Kind" arc (Plan B): extra-credit assignments will THREATEN YOUR LIFE.
- At the end of the "Fanning the Flames/Parental Bonding" arc (Biggest Fan): those Cramtastic things really work! I mean, Tucker did get a perfect score...
- At the end of the "Splitting Images" arc (In the Mirror): bullying is wrong. Wow, usually when I do a 'lesson learned' it's just a joke, but this one isn't!...That's weird.
- Attending Your Own Funeral: Danni in (Chapter Two) Time Isn't Up. A bit subverted, since she's a ghost at the time, unusual for this trope.
- Battle Cry:
"So, what, I was destined to die? No way around it?" (According to Clockwork, yes.)
- Berserk Button:
- If you're an evil ghost and you hit on, threaten, or hurt Danni? Look out for a certain Goth Girl...
- In Chapter Sixteen:
Get in the damn
- When Ember gets on Sam's nerves again in Biggest Fan (Chapter Seventeen), Sam—who put on the Amulet of Aragon when she wasn't herself—turns into a dragon to try and kick Ember's ass.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Danni. As sweet as she can be, if she needs to kick ass, she will.
- Big, Badass Wolf: Cujo in wolf-form.
- Brain Washed: Sam in Chapters Sixteen/Seventeen. Sort-of. It was the same love spell that Ember put Danny under in canon, but Sam confirms that it didn't make her feel anything she didn't already—it just made her act on every single thought and feeling she had about Danni, apparently.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Perhaps most notable so far is Chew-Toy of the Universe, but happens often anyway. The filler (Intermission) chapters have no fourth wall at all!
- Buffy Speak
- Came Back Wrong: Sort-of. Danni DID come back half-ghost, but otherwise seems to return to her "normal" self in a short amount of time. However, Danni does act a little strangely at times post-resurrection, such as wanting making a warehouse in Amity Park her "ghost-lair", implying she might be holding some things in...
- Canine Companion: Cujo
- The Chosen One: Danni may or may not be this.
- Cityof Adventure: Amity Park.
- Clark Kenting: Danni's parents don't recognize her when she's in her ghost-form, even though, just like in canon, Danni and Phantom look generally the same except the different hair/eyes/outfit/ectetera.
- Cool Car: The Fenton Family Ghost Assault Vehicle.
- Darker and Edgier: Well, the first chapter does have Danni being killed, being resurrected at the end of the second chapter and beginning of the third chapter, and realizing her powers. After that, itís a lot more Lighter and Fluffier...so far.
- Didn't See That Coming
- Dish Dash: Danni saving Tucker and Sam from the Lunch Lady Ghost's plates of doom.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom
- Evil Laugh: The Box Ghost, Skulker, and some others.
- Fanservice: Sam "warming up" Danni in Chapter Fifteen
- Filler: Intermission chapters, which have No Fourth Wall.
- First Episode Resurrection: Well...second/third chapter, anyway.
- Foe Yay: Ember hitting on Danni during their first encounter
- Gender Flip: Featuring girl!Danny
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: Tuckerís reaction to seeing some Danni/Sam Fanservice in the fifteenth chapter.
- Glowing Eyesof Doom: Of course, but Danni is working on controlling it.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Averted, for the most part. Characters do swear for real, but they do invoke it when around adults.
- Great Big Book of Everything: Sam's Spell Book, Dark Magic not only has spells, but an entry on the Amulet of Aragon, among other things.
- Green Eyes: Phantom, Jazz
- Half-Human Hybrid:
- Heroes Love Dogs: Danni LOVES dogs. She risked her own life in the very first chapter, before she had ghost powers, to save a dog from getting run over. When she first encounters Cujo in In the Mirror, she Squees at the cuteness.
- High School
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Danni, sort-of. Skulker as well.
- Idiot Ball: Subverted, especially compared to canon.
- It Always Rains at Funerals: Averted.
- Invocation: "Goin'-ghost!" Danni initially used this Battle Cry because it helped her transform into Phantom, but after a while, * she just does it for own amusement.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Danni talks Sam out of Ember's Brain Wash.
- Les Yay: girl!Danny/Sam (One True Pairing). Valerie/Starr is also implied, or at least Starr having a bit of a crush.
- Most Common Super Power: Averted. Danni's an average-looking skinny teenager.
- Mythology Gag:
- Though the story is obviously a retelling of the series, with episode-order ignored, there are references to episodes from the latter episodes in the series even though, as this sentence is written, Resurrection is still in "Season One".
- Danni dies on April 3rd, 2010. "Mystery Meat", the first episode of the show, was aired on April 3rd, 2004.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: They already worked different in Danny Phantom, but here they work even differenter. Intangibility/invisibility work a bit differently, and it doesn't stop there.
- Phantom Zone: The Ghost World (what the ghosts call it) / the Ghost Zone (what the humans—well, the Fentons—call it)
- Post-Victory Collapse:
- After saving Sam and Tucker from Doris, Phantom de-transforms into her human-form.
- Again in Chew-Toy of the Universe, in which, upon Tucker defeating Technus, Danni faints.
- Power Incontinence: Danni seems better about controlling her powers than Danny, but she still has her moments where her powers malfunction or she accidentally changes-back to human. The latter usually happens more because she uses too much energy than a lack of control.
- Relationship Upgrade: [[spoiler: Danni/Sam. It's actually a few-chapter-long Relationship Upgrade. This starts with Danni asking Sam to the dance in Chapter Fifteen, a talk in Sixteen, and going to the dance in Seventeen.
- Rich Bitch: Subverted with Sam, just like in canon. Though, she isn't below bribing somebody at Amity Zoo to let the trio be at the zoo at night with no adult supervision.
- Secret Keepers: Sam and Tucker, of course.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Danni and Sam until the Relationship Upgrade.
- Shout-Out: A lot. These are only some of them.
- Slash Fic
- Spell Book: Dark Magic (for Those Who Want to Use It), Sam's spell book.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Subverted. Nobody is going to associate Danni Fenton with Phantom just by the names alone. Her appearance, however...
- Stock Superpowers: Some of Danni's basic ghost-powers include:
- Stripperiffic: Averted. Phantom's outfit is not at all Stripperiffic—in fact, her outfit is simply made up of civilian clothes.
- Sub Text: Danni/Sam, until their Relationship Upgrade.
- Super Hero Origin: Chapters One through Three.
- Tempting Fate: Danni does this quite a bit.
- The Ditz: Paulina, it seems. But at least she's not shallow!
- °Three Amigos!: Danni, Tucker, and Sam.
- Transformation Sequence
- Unusual Euphemism: Oh, Butter Biscuits!
- Witty Banter: Danni.
- Word of God: There are very long authors notes at the end of nearly all chapters. They are very rarely essential to read, but they might be informative.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Subverted. None of Danni's enemies seem to have any problem with hitting her. Though, to be fair, she can take it.
- You Should Know This Already: If you're a fan of the show, who the "mysterious figure" in the earlier chapters is, among some other things, but since this is an AU, nothing is for sure...
- Yuri Fan: The author, admittedly.