Fan Fic / Cyber Pretty Cure
Cyber Pretty Cure
is a fanseries by ryanasaurus0077
with a video game thematic. (For those wondering, the correct way to say the title is Cyber Pretty Cure
; Cyber Precure
is the wrong way to say it and refers to a similarly-titled Curefic
, Cyber Precure! Techno Heart!
, which uses an Internet thematic.)
A character sheet can be found here
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Ain't No Rule: When Mayumi (disguised as a referee) is notified that there may be someone on the Silicon Gakuen side who isn't a gymnast, she's given the rulebook. She discovers that there's no rule that says a Silicon Gakuen student can't participate in gymnastics meets as a Silicon Gakuen competitor. She silently gives the book back to the referee with a cross look on her face, along with a note that says, "Do you see a rule to that effect?" What happens next is enough to mark Takuto as allowed to continue participating.
Referee: [flips through the book] "All competitors representing Silicon Gakuen must be a student at Silicon Gakuen to participate." [flips through the book some more] You're right, I don't see any rule to that effect.
- Alpha Bitch:
Mayumi: Seriously, you're so high up the social ladder I half expected you to be one of the meaner girls.
Shizuka: Actually, I knew how high I am in status all along. I just don't flaunt it like the rest of my kind. I even make it policy for those following me to also be nice compared to the typical snobs.
- Bifauxnen: Mayumi.
- Bilingual Bonus: The monsters of the week are called Gamushi, Japanese for "moth bug". A moth was, according to legend, the "first actual case of bug being found" when a Harvard computer stalled because of said bug getting caught in Relay #70. The incident certainly helped popularize the term "bug" to refer to computer errors if it didn't do so singlehandedly.
- Creator Breakdown: The series is the victim of a very major one.
- Disguised in Drag: Takuto tends to do this.
- Evil Counterpart: Kyoko, who actually does play Alpha Bitch straight for all it's worth, is this to Shizuka.
- Four Is Death: Discussed a few times, most infamously by Kyoko.
Kyoko: You seem to forget that we're in Japan, where three's company and four's a crowd.
- Girl Posse: Both Shizuka and Kyoko have one.
- Hair Decorations: Both Cure Binary and Cure Pixel wear a bow in their hair, just because they're girls. Mayumi did think the hair bow provided a decent contrast to her personality, whereas Shizuka's hair bow merely enhances her own girly personality.
- Insane Troll Logic: Takuto's reason for wearing glasses every time he's in drag has shades of this; granted, Mayumi, Shizuka, and Usagi all consider him to look cuter when bespectacled (although Mayumi and Shizuka do consider the archetype to be overused even from the start).
- Leotard of Power: At least a couple of Takuto's disguises require him to wear a leotard.
- Magical Girl: Averted; the Cures don't transform at all.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Mayumi and Takuto, particularly when both of them are disguised.
- Meganekko: Takuto's disguises as a girl are so unbelievably convincing, he could almost be this every time he's Disguised in Drag. In fact, he always wears glasses when he disguises himself as a girl, with this reasoning:
Takuto: Studies of anime show that girls who wear glasses tend to be cuter.
- Modesty Shorts: Worn by Sakura with her school uniform; she's the only member of Shizuka's Girl Posse to do so.
- Name's the Same: When someone on the drama club shares her name with a famous Magical Girl, you know the author's inserted an homage to the genre.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Many students at Silicon Gakuen do this with their uniforms; for example, Mayumi wears the male uniform with a pink dress shirt instead of the standard-issue white one.
- Once an Episode: With few exceptions, every episode has Takuto disguising himself.
- Recycled Soundtrack: "Golden Bangkok" plays during Takuto's floor routine.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Again, defied by Shizuka, whose black hair and red eyes are usually signs that a character can't be trusted. Shizuka is actually a very nice girl.
- Sign Language: Takuto is fluent, as he demonstrates during the gymnastics meet when his voice would've given him away. He has to let the admittedly surprised school gymnastics squad manager know he's mute.
- Sound Effect Bleep: The iconic Game Boy startup chime is used to censor Takuto calling Alpha Bitch Kyoko, well, a bitch in episode 1. Bonus points for him saying it as someone else boots up what appears to be the classic Game Boy.
- Stealth Insult: In episode 1: "Am I the only reason to believe a yellow hedgehog had a hand in designing this series?" Yes, it's still early in the series and already you can tell it's been sunk just by hearing someone blame Christian Weston Chandler for their inability to transform like decently-written Cures.
- Suddenly Always Knew That: Takuto pulls off a surprisingly good (if improvised) gymnastics routine while disguised in episode 10. Before the routine, he tells Mayumi, who is disguised as a referee, that he has an unusually flexible body.
Mayumi: You sure you can do gymnastics in drag, and without practicing, even?
Takuto: Trust me, Mayumi, my body's unusually flexible.
Mayumi: You sure?
Takuto: Yes. I checked my own flexibility last night, figuring I'd have to participate in the competition unless Bug and Glitch's Gamushi acted beforehand. Boy, was I surprised!
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: "Golden Bangkok" is not just BGM, it's actually playing from the jambox in the gymnasium during Takuto's floor routine.
- Tights With A Skirt: Worn by Shizuka and most of the members of her Girl Posse. Most of them. Shinji also does this, as do Kyoko and her own Girl Posse. Takuto also does this sometimes when Disguised in Drag.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mayumi and Shizuka. Within Shizuka's Girl Posse, there's Sakura, Mayumi's teammate on the baseball squad, and Himeko, who attends ballet class with Shizuka.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Averted; the probability of Takuto revealing that he's a boy in a skirt, by accident or by design, is always less than 0%. No exceptions, to the point where Mayumi, Shizuka, and Usagi (another member of the drama club) are the only human characters who ever recognize Takuto when he's in drag.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Shinji.
- You Never Asked: But Mayumi did, hence her male uniform.