Made by Fan Fiction
writer TTY 7
, the Code Mars Trilogy
is a Fusion Fic
between Code Geass
and Sailor Moon
. Though it goes through the perspectives of many characters, the crossover centers around Lelouch/Zero and Rei Hino.
The plot takes place in the Alternate History
of the Code Geass
world, where Japan has fallen to Brittania and has been rechristened with the name Area 11
. Only this time, there is one sole free section of Japan, being the Juban District, which is magically shielded by the Senshi.
Rei Hino, one of the Sailor Scouts, receives a warning about the new Ultimate Evil
coming to Earth, going by the name of Zero. However, she's also given the task to protect Lelouch vi Brittania, the young outcast prince of The Empire
. Not only does she messed up by the fact Zero and Lelouch are the same person, she also struggles with her feelings for him. As she follows Lelouch/Zero in his quest to destroy Brittania, more characters get involved and revelations are revealed. Now she's stuck not only with her complex feelings for Lelouch/Zero, but also in her decision whether to fulfill her role as Sailor Mars or help him in his quest to make the world a better place.
The plot follows along the Code Geass
storyline with addition plot in between seasons. It incorporates mostly Sailor Moon
elements in the beginning, but shifts to Code Geass
ones as the stories progress.
Status and summaries for the parts:
- Part I: A Date With Destiny- The first part of the trilogy, taking in R1 of Code Geass. Rei is warned on a mission to fight/help Lelouch/Zero during the first Black Rebellion. She begins having mixed feeling for her friend/enemy and as more characters and the Senshi get involved, things become even harder for her. Meanwhile, another Ancient Conspiracy is revealed, involving other Code Users like C.C. who seek to destroy the Senshi. COMPLETED, BUT UNDER REVISION.
- Part II: Here We Go Again- The second part of the trilogy, an original plot between R1 and R2. Rei Hino stays outside the Juban District where he watches over Lelouch, currently mind wiped, and his "younger brother" Rolo. While still in conflict with her emotions, she and the other Senshi still have to deal with Brittania. Rallying up the remaining uncaptured members of the failed Black Rebellion and currently renamed the Celestial Knights, they continue the long-lost Zero's cause in their struggle against The Empire. STILL IN PROGRESS.
- Part III: Julianna of the Revolution- The third and last part of the Code Mars trilogy. This will follow the R2 season, after the second part. UNDER DEVELOPMENT.
If you like combinations of magical girls/boys and Humongous Mecha
or either of the two series, then this trilogy can be worth a look.
Oh, and expect many O Cs
- Acceptable Breaks from Canon: Despite the Senshi being god-like beings, they're only a match against certain Knightmares. Not to worry, they eventually get their own Knightmares.
- They're also exposed to Geass...in a way.
- Ace Custom: In the near end, Rei gets one called the Phoenix, equipped with Stark Hadron cannons.
- In the second part, Usagi and Rei get theirs, though the latter's is a Super Prototype.
- It is said that the other Senshi will get theirs later on.
- Adaptation Expansion: Several characters from Code Geass are expanded, including some very minor characters. Two important ones are Taizo Kitihara and Rakshata, who both know Rei as a (different) princess.
- Anti-Villain: Probably a factor that screws with Rei and the other Senshi. Unlike usual Sailor Moon villains, whose Chaos incarnations are truly evil, Lelouch/Zero is a Well-Intentioned Extremist who is fighting an even greater evil.
- Big Bad: Original Character E.E. is this against the Scouts during the first two sections.
- Car Fu: When Britannian soldiers come to attack the Senshi, with some of them wounded from previous battles, the drivers choose to just run over them.
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: As with Sailor Moon elements, Rei is also a long lost princess from the old Japanese royal family before falling to Britannia.
- Genre Blind: Apparently, Rei has no knowledge of shows with Grey and Grey Morality.
- Good All Along: Not much of a surprise to the readers when C.C. tells the Black Knights of the Senshi's true colors. Many of them don't believe it at first, but accept they're allies later on...somewhat.
- Fusion Fic
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Rei does this a ton with Lelouch/Zero.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Hotaru used her scythe this way against the Brittanian soldiers.
- Knight Templar: Despite agreeing with Lelouch/Zero's statements against Britannia, she still treats him as the main enemy.
- Mind Rape: Mao does this to Rei after one of Geass's The Reveal.
- Mooks: To fit in with the Sailor Moon elements, the series introduces Phantoms as something to fight the Senshi rather than the seemingly indestructible Knightmare frames.
- No Sell: The Senshi's attacks have little to no affect on even the Mook Mobile Knightmares. Subverted that some well placed shots can work, or at least drain them of their energy fillers.
- Not Me This Time: Rei first comes in during the hotel jacking, accusing Zero to be behind it, unaware of his entrance during her infiltration. Fortunately, Zero shows him the real mastermind, already Geassed into suicide.
- Original Character: Boy, are there!
- So Last Season: See Acceptable Breaks from Canon for details.
- The Juggernaut: The Guren Mk. II becomes this for Rei and the other Scouts.
- Tsundere: Rei of all people. In a way, she agrees with Lelouch/Zero about the oppressive Britannian empire and his campaign to destroy it. Neverless, she still sees him as an enemy and this is supported even more when Zero uses more unethical tactics.
- Ultimate Evil: Zero is implied to be this in Sailor Moon terms. Too bad this isn't Sailor Moon.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: You still believe Zero is the complete enemy, Rei? You're in the wrong series.