Looting and Polluting is not the way, Zuko!
Based on a running fandom joke, Captain Avataar is a series of interconnected comment fics written by suzukiblu on LiveJournal that places the characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender
into the roles of the Planeteers from Captain Planet
. There are just under fifty commentfics written for the universe.
Index page http://community.livejournal.com/white_knuckle/42950.html
Unrelated to the Captain Avatar of Star Blazers
This Fic provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Zei doesn't really get why he has to do the development side of his research and development job...
- Abusive Parents: Zuko can sleep on the street if he doesn't bring home a captured Avateer ring.
- Adorkable: Every scene with Kuei.
- All There in the Manual: suzukiblu has an annotated index page.
- All Your Powers Combined: Has a commentfic dedicated to it.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: Inverted. Aang believes Fire will feel cruel when added to the Avateers, because he still doesn't trust Zuko.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Ozai's new position
- Darker and Edgier: At least it's darker than Captain Planet.
- Drink Order: Hahn's coffee orders are... complex.
- Elemental Powers: With canons like these?
- Fusion Fic
- Gadgeteer Genius: Teo gets a lot more focus in this universe.
- Gaslighting: Teo and Haru sort of do this to Zhao, unintentionally. They keep breaking in and installing water filtration systems and the like. And Zhao's the only one who notices.
- Green Aesop: Yeah.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: And very sexy.
- Het Is Ew: Averted.
- Jerkass: Zhao and Hahn. Luckily they keep each other busy. Mostly.
- Knife Nut: Mai takes it Up to Eleven with her toothpick target practice.
- May-December Romance: Song and Long Feng
- Mirror Universe: One drabble flips Zuko's and Azula's alignments. It's not canon for the fic universe.
- Mundane Utility: “SOKKA! Stop using the power of heart to make impressionable kids do your homework!”
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Zhao. According to Jee, Zuko has shades of this.
- Only Sane Man: Zhao thinks he is. His worker's comp psychiatrist disagrees.
- Power Perversion Potential: In the non-canon smut fics, Heart, so much.
- Refusal of the Call: Zuko's a bit conflicted when he gets the fire ring.
- Shout-Out: Zhao would get away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.
- Slash Fic: In the midst of a large ensemble cast.
- Sunglasses at Night: As part of Zuko's vandalism disguise kit. Everybody makes fun of them.
- Team Pet: Appa's a dog.
- The Call Left A Message: They just find the rings, you know, lying around.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Well, Sokka feels this way sometimes, anyway.
- Your Cheating Heart: Yue has a fiancé and a boyfriend, and then there's Zuko, sleeping with both Mai and Jet. Then they catch him.