Fan Fic: Cadance Of Cloudsdale
Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria
, there was a young pony princess named Mi Amore Cadenza
. She's one of the only Alicorns
in all of Equestria, so she lives in Canterlot Castle where she's surrounded by servants, luxury, and recieves her tutelage from Princess Celestia the only other known Alicorn and ruler of Equestria. Cadance has everything she could ever need to be happy.
However, she is most definitely not.
Cadance knows Equestria isn't her home. She knows that she has a destiny as a Princess. And she knows that Princess Celestia hides important information from her about her past. When one day Cadance can't take enough, she begs Celestia for a real political station, on befitting a young princess of Equestria. Eventually, Celestia relents, and Cadance is appointed Envoy to the City-State of Cloudsdale. These are the stories of how Cadance grew into the mare she is today.
The Cadance of Cloudsdale
series is an ongoing Fanfiction
project by Skywriter
. Set a few years before the cartoon proper, it is a collection of Short Stories
detailing Cadance's life as an ambassador to Cloudsdale.
The short stories, in order of publication:
- How to Remove a Unicorn Tooth gives us a day in the life of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, who considers her pampered existence to be a gilded cage. Desperate for some responsibility, she implores Celestia for a position and, after a series of startling events, gets it.
- Lady Prismia and the Princess-Goddess details the end of Cadance's centuries-long upbringing in the secluded hamlet of Reduit. An invasion of phantom-like snakes leaves everypony drained of vitality. The young Cadence, somehow unaffected, ventures outside for the first time in her life in order confront the witch controlling them, and, in so doing, earns her cutie mark and also comes to Celestia's attention.
- A Princess By Any Other Name is a much more humorous story set during Cadance's teenage years. Here, Princess Cadance engages in an epic battle with the Equestrian Bureaucracy in order to change her name from Cadence to Cadance. It's also a crossover with the Equestrian Civil Service series by GhostOfHeraclitus.
- A Lot To Think About is a short scene chronologically after most of the cycle. On the eve of the Royal Wedding, Cadance (actually Queen Chrysalis) is alone and aloof. As this is Celestia's last chance before Cadance begins a new stage of her life, Celestia takes it upon herself to apologize for the missteps she made during Cadance's upbringing.
- The First Time You See Her begins with a Perspective Flip of Shining Armor's scene in How To Remove A Unicorn Tooth and covers the ensuing hassle as he tries to report it to the higher-ups and get home to sleep. It is still ongoing, but it seems that Cadance will be making her way to Cloudsdale this fic, while Shining gets promoted.
These stories provide examples of: