Born to Please
is a Monsters University
fanfic written by randallsulleylove. It is a loose retelling
of the events of the movie, and focuses on the personal and college lives of all of the members of Roar Omega Roar as told from the Point of View
of Chet Alexander
, second-in-command of Roar Omega Roar.
The first chapter can be found here
.WARNING: This story contains sexual abuse, swearing, drug use, some violence and mature themes. NSFW.
- Abusive Parents: Both of Chet's parents: His father is an abusive drunk and his mother is a callous religious fanatic that's been brainwashed into subservience to her husband.
- Armoured Closet Gay: Johnny is bisexual, but he apparently keeps it a secret.
- Bi the Way/Everyone Is Gay: Johnny, Chip, Reggie and Javier are all bi. Chet is apparently gay, but is strictly a Johnny-sexual.
- Dark Fic: The story features a lot of heavy themes.
- Death by Childbirth: Chet's sister Lily.
- The Ditz: Poor Chet, who was raised with very little knowledge about how the outside world works.
- Dysfunction Junction: Pretty much everyone in ROR is screwed up in some way. Chet was raped and abused by his father, Javier was kicked out of his home and ended up dealing drugs on the streets, Reggie's parents are extremely overprotective, and Johnny has an overbearing father and a girlfriend who died while she was pregnant with his child. Not much can be said for Chip, as so far very little of his personal life has been revealed so far.
- Fantastic Arousal: Reggie at one point teases Javier by tugging on his antennae, which ends up turning him on. In the middle of class.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Javier fervently denies having feelings for Reggie whenever it's brought up, despite being very buddy-buddy with him, and having even called Reggie's name once during sex, instead of the name of the girl he was doing it with.
- Homoerotic Dream: Chet has one of these about Johnny in chapter 40.
- The Lost Lenore: Johnny's old girlfriend Natalie, who died of cancer shortly after he got her pregnant.
- Love Epiphany: Chet finally realises his true feelings for Johnny while helping him do sit-ups in Gym class in chapter 36.
- Motor Mouth: Chet can blabber on for ages, regardless if anyone is willing to listen or not.
- Parental Incest: Chet's father sexually abused several of his daughters, and later Chet himself when none of them were around.
- Primal Scene: Chet becomes the victim of this twice. First time happens in Chapter 27, where he walks in on Javier and Susan Jensen, and the second time is in Chapter 54, when he walks in on Johnny and three of the PNK girls (one of whom is giving him oral).
- The Quiet One: Chip.
- Rape as Backstory: Poor little Chet...
- Shipper on Deck: Chet is very supportive of the idea of Javier and Reggie getting together.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Chet becomes single-mindedly obsessed with Johnny when they first meet, but it takes him quite a while to fully realise that he has romantic feelings for him.
- Team Mom: Chip, making him a Rare Male Example. His kind and understanding nature helps make him the first monster Chet open up about his childhood. Chet even describes him as being like the kind, caring mother he never had.
- The Stoner: Javier, big time. Reggie as well, but much less than Javier.
- Those Two Guys: Reggie and Javier.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Reggie and Javier again.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: Reggie and Javier are like this at times.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Johnny is pressured by his parents into being a high-achiever in order to uphold the Worthington family name. He also keeps the fact he's bi a secret from them as well.
- Wrong Name Outburst: Javier calls out Reggie's name instead of Susan's when they have sex. Chet's dad would often call out some random women's names that Chet didn't recognise when he did it with him.