Fan Fic: Bokura Wa Gaia Pretty Cure
Bokura wa Gaia Pretty Cure is a Pretty Cure Elsewhere Fic project by the author of Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy. It contains an animal thematic (as a response to the flower thematic of HeartCatch Pretty Cure!) and is much Darker and Edgier than its predecessor.The plot goes like this: the parallel realm of Gaia finds itself in grave danger when universal puppetmaster Stromboli takes control of the realm's four knights, making them his servants, and claims that he will do the same with all the others, including the emperor, so he can become the new ruler. However, two of the Gaians, Pluft and Poof, refuse to follow his orders and escape to Earth with the three precious Anima Feathers. They hide in a toy store, but are bought by 14-year-old Tessalia Numasawa. After finding out their secret, Tessalia agrees to become a member of Pretty Cure to save Gaia from utter conquerement.A sequel is being developed by another author, Yuuummy. It's called Gaia Precure Titan Fury!.
- Tessalia Numasawa (Cure Frosch): The frog guardian, as well as the leader and main character. She is the captain of the school's cheerleading team, yet she's very nice and friendly. However, if you hurt her beloved ones, you're on her hit list.
- Izayoi Yukiyama (Cure Pingu): The penguin guardian, a blonde newcomer from Okinawa, who is particularly enthusiastic and happy-go-lucky. Any resemblance to Odd Della Robbia is pure coincidence.
- Hisato Kinezumi (Cure Esquirol): The squirrel guardian and The One Guy. An athlethic and down-to-earth boy who is one year older than the other two. He usually acts as the voice of reason among the three, but is incredibly Bad Ass when provoked.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Animal Theme Naming: Not only made obvious with the Cures, but the classrooms in Arano Academy are named after animals; for instance, the Swan and Lynx Classes.
- Boarding School: Probably the first Pretty Cure series, canon or fanmade, to take place at one of these.
- Brand X: Tessalia mentions Twerpz dolls in episode 1.
- Catch Phrase: Two: Izayoi's "Wo meishi!" note , Tsutomu's "Hamna shida!" note and Kanon's "Don't fool around!"
- Color-Coded Elements: Averted and played straight at the same time: Cure Frosch controls water but is dressed in green, Cure Pingu controls ice/snow but is dressed in purple, and Cure Esquirol controls nature/wood but is dressed in orange. On the other hand, Cure Volcano controls fire and is dressed in red.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Surprisingly averted, since here The Heroine wears green (a color usually neglected by the canon series) and her teammates wear purple and orange rather than the usual red and blue.
- Festival Episode: (Episode 5 had the "Fire Festival", organized by the town every year as a tribute to the Japanese god of fire Ho-Masubi. It shares a name with the festival from episode 5 of Princess Tutu, but they're not the same thing; both involve bonfires, but here it's more of a traditional Japanese festival than anything, as the characters wear yukatas rather than Renaissance-age clothes.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Izayoi peppers her speech with Chinese words and phrases: Tsutomu does the same with African ones.
- Green Skinned Space Dude: [[spoiler"Gikochi's true form in episode 12.
- Heel-Face Turn: Hitori and Mizuri finally gather the courage to stop kissing up to Kizuna late in the series. Shortly afterward, Kizuna herself gets one during the Cinderella play in episode 17 when she can't bring herself to rip Tessalia's dress.
- Innocent Aliens: The martians in episode 12, but in particular Gikochi/Nakaz.
- Insistent Terminology: Poof is a hyrax, not a bear!
- Leotard of Power: Worn by Tessalia/Cure Frosch and Izayoi/Cure Pingu, as well as Mizuri/Cure Lamantin during the talent show
- Meaningful Name: All over the place.
- New Transfer Student: Izayoi first appears in episode 2 as one of these. Same goes for Rheo/Leonard in episode 7.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Performed by Kizuna oh so very often.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Aside from the uniform variation worn by Kizuna and the male uniform worn by Hitori, there's also the outfits worn by a couple of the Cures—both real and make-believe. Namely, Hisato/Cure Esquirol wears pants with his battle attire mainly because he's the token male, and Hitori/Cure Firebird's outfit during the talent show looks radically different from the others', incorporating a more masculine-looking take on Cure Black's MaX Heart outfit to cater to her tastes and adding tights under the shorts for added comfort.
- Not His Sled: Several elements of the franchise are subverted in this series.
- Ondo: "Bokura wa Gaia Ondo", the Ending Theme of episode 5.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted. Tsutomu is African-Japanese rather than African-American, and Izayoi is a natural blonde and could easily pass for an American/Brit/European, but she's actually purely Japanese.
- Pool Episode The episode "Waves of Pure Emotion"
- Power Trio: Three, at that rate.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Izayoi and Rheo/Leonard, Hitori and Mizuri
- Sassy Black Woman: Once again, Tsutomu is a Gender Flipped variation, but to a lesser extent.
- School Festival: Episode 8 had one.
- School Play: In episode 17, there's a reenactment of a version of the tale of Cinderella, in which Tessalia is cast as the title character and Kizuna, as one of the stepsisters. One key moment in the play ends with Kizuna pulling a Heel-Face Turn and being made an honorary member of the cheerleading squad.
- Spiritual Successor: To Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy, given that they don't take place in the same continuity, but are written by the same person.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.