Fanfic / Blood Bullets
Blood Bullets is a Sonic the Hedgehog
fan fiction by Perrythehedgehog on DeviantArt
. Unlike many other Fanfics, however, he seems to be trying to publish it. It can be found here
and is currently in the re-writing stage. The plot focuses on two Sonic recolours/edits (depending on your view), with a few more characters:
- Perry the Hellblood, a half-stuffy British with both feet in the grave (then jumped out again).
- Nikolai Raygun Pentreko, a 1944 Soviet fresh from Stalingrad's downfall and is thus very cold.
- Kathrine, a resident of a flying city called New Spagonia who is saved by Perry and becomes his girlfreind.
All three trudge to many dark and gritty adventures in dark and gritty places (mostly), but still focuses on some humor to balance the feel of the story (the author calls this Dramedy
This fan fiction contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Blood Bullets (and most of the things on Perrythehedgehog's Deviant ART page) take place in Universe 112233CHARLIE (sometimes shortened to U112233C), and it certainly shows.
- Sonic has become a timid, shy hollow shell of his former self and crossdresser, albeit not on his own faults,
- Tails is an FtM Transgender man who doesn't pass well (actually not his fault) and doesn't plan on altering his body.
- Knuckles is Too Dumb to Live
- Rouge and Amy are pretty much emotionally dead.
- Alternate Timeline: To worrying proportions. The Cold War doesn't go the same way as normal. In that rather than America and Russia standing off dor a few years, America NUKES RUSSIA. And any thought that the writer likes America much is thrown straight out of the window.
- He does have a lot of American friends, so maybe this isn't the case.
- A-Cup Angst: Blaze, until she gets an upgrade from Master.
- Applied Phlebotinum: TGhost
- Artistic License – Chemistry: TGhost, which causes males to switch genders with no way back. But not even Perry/Master knows what effect it has on females. It's a volatile and mysterious compound that causes a lot of side effects (see below).
- Author Avatar: The Master guy is the self-insert of Perrythehedgehog himself, albeit twisted in a small style. He also makes it VERY much aware what he hates. Perry was this at a very early stage.
- Bilingual Bonus: But it's google translate, so it's quite bad. The Germans from Act 1 actually speak German, and Osten means East in German.
- Crossover: With Tails: The Discovery, a fan fiction based on the idea of Tails being biologically female but not aware of this at first; though one of the authors of the latter has confirmed that Perry's writing is not meant to be taken as what happened within context of his story. This is probably for the best, seeing Perry's version is yanked off the rails pretty damn fast.
- He seems to be doing such a lot with him, actually.
- Darker and Edgier: "Thorn" Rose. It's about as Sinking Ship as you can get. Seeing she's an Emo version of Amy Rose.
- The whole book could count, really.
- Driven to Madness: Master. He gets better, though.
- Gag Boobs: Nevski. Her T Ghost attack leave some nasty...side effects. Not that anyone minds that much. 'Cept Nevski, of course.
- Gender Bender: Quite a few of them, mainly the four from Act 1 (Nevski, Lavina, Naruki and Osten).
- Gender Flip: Miley "Tails" Prower. Sort of.
- Literal Split Personality: Master at one point, and also Tails (though the personality differences in that case were very small, and actually only related to how Tails felt about each body).
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Werehog Sonic returns for no real reason but to explain the Werehog phsyics in Act 2 and set off the events in New Spagonia. Also...
- Our Vampires Are Different: Perry, Luner and quite a few characters are Hellblood Vampires, who are resistant to sunlight and can't die, apart from by growing old. They also get more, worse diseases and infections, more painful that our human ones. And the ones that would kill us, just put them in great pain.
- Still, it's worth it to be able to fly, be really flexible and turn others by biting their neck. Oh, and you get a cool gun of choice, modified and given a name.
- Physical God: Master
- Shapeshifting: Tails, though the fox hasn't quite figured out how to make it work.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few:
- Nikolai's surname sounds pretty familiar. So are his gloves.
- New Spagonia seems pretty similar to Columbia from BioShock Infinite.
- Most of Act 1 is also very similar to Call of Duty World At War campaign levels "Vendetta", taking place in a bombed out Stalngrad and "Their Land, Their Blood", right down to the dialouge being similar. Even Reznov gets a mention, but a very fleeting one, as the story deviates from there. Perry himself admitted this was indeed inspiration.
- Transgender: Tails is FtM, though the narration still refers to him as 'she', for some reason.
- Also Lavina, one of the three Russians attacked with T Ghost attack. She was a transgender woman (ie. MtF), so becoming fully female was probably he happiest day of her life. She's the only one who really got over the shock. The other two? Not so much.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Nobody knew that Tails was female - Even Tails was clueless until the age of seven. This appears to be the chief reason for Tails being Transgender: He simply can't think of himself any other way.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Sonic/Soma. It's the longest story.
- Villainous Breakdown: Eggman has gone through one. He gave up when he saw SEGA!Eggman's future and didn't want to end up like him. So now he spends his days drinking Eggichinos and being miserable.