Fan Fic / Bleach Fan Works
Bleach: Fan Works
What happens when badfic authors start watching Bleach? They write bad fanfiction of course.
is an ongoing parody fanfic by Fanfiction.Net
. Best described as a Show Within a Show
fic, it is the story of several immature badfic authors as they rampage through the Bleach
universe to their own ends. They include:
- Christina Love, who writes a Self Insert Mary Sue into her story, Shinigami Christina. Doesn't take criticism well.
- Jolene Meyers, another "suethor". Her interpretation of the Bleach universe as seen through the eyes of her OC, Amety Kurosaki, is oddly bored and bleak.
- Animus Rover, a male suethor that writes the most totally awesome Soul Reaper ever, and if you don't agree, then you just don't "get" Bleach like he does.
- Oshikko, who, after "flaming" CL's and JM's stories, decides to do creepy stories of sexual abuse and sub/dom relationships with their OCs.
- Yuri Amane, who gives Ichigo a good ol' character derailment treatment in order to encourage her preferred RukiHime pairing.
- Vanilla River, who thinks of Orihime as a "bimbo slut" and is happy to kill her off in her fics in order to make way for her RukiIchi pairing.
- Chocolate Kiss, an IchiHime fan whose fics are full of Beige Prose.
- Princess Yumi, who writes romantic fluff involving male characters who act highly Out of Character, and gender bends characters in order to get around slash pairings (which she hates).
This fanfic features examples of these tropes:
- Barehanded Blade Block: Culth to Ichigo.
- Comically Missing the Point: A lot of the authors in regards to reviews.
Dark Kuroda: You do realize you wrote a Gary Stu, right? He is overly powerful.
Animus Rover: Could you explain what a Gary Stu is?
Dark Kuroda: A Gary Stu is an unbelievable male character. Culth's power is not believable.
Animus Rover: Then what you said is a compliment. Ichigo is uber powerful too. I made a character that is just like him.
: No... you made a character that is ten times more unbelievable then
Animus Rover: (does not respond).
- Costume Porn: In CL's fanfics.
- Critical Research Failure: In-Universe, several of varying severity. For example, Christina doesn't realize who Oshimanote is, while Jolene Myer has Ichigo's father called "Barnubus" rather than Isshin, and claims that Masaki divorced him when the twins were born (instead of getting killed by Grand Fisher and Yhwach, although they most likely couldn't have known that when this installment was uploaded).
- Dead Fic: The series itself doesn't count, but there are individual examples.
- Princess Yumi's "Princess Orihime". After posting a chapter in which Ichigo is preparing to set out on the journey, Yumi gets a scathing review from Keigo's sister Mizuho, and then marks it as "complete".
- Animus Rover's fanfic has not been updated since the first posting. Possible Fridge Brilliance, given that many people who give up on their fics don't even bother posting notice.
- Dear Negative Reader: The standard response to reviewers.
- Department of Redundancy Department: CL's stories tend to tend towards this.
- Don't Like, Don't Read: In-universe.
: If you don't like my character, then fucking
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Vanilla River cannot understand why Orihime wants to get together with Ichigo, but does not hate Rukia.
- Face Palm: Ichigo does this at one point.
- Het Is Ew: YA feels this way.
- Insane Troll Logic: Used by a lot of the writers, such as Yuri defending her portrayal of Ichigo as a rapist.
Yuri: I don't see what the problem Ichigo having a sister fetish is! I find him rather barbaric in the way he fights, and barbarians rape people.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Several of the reviews are quite rudely worded, but they tend to have a point about the stories' flaws, not that the writers would listen.
- Love It or Hate It: In-Universe, the typical reaction to the fanfics is to write an often poorly worded review that gushes over it, or to ruthlessly pan it.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: The Bleach cast eventually gets involved, reading the stories and writing reviews.
- One-Man Army: AR's OC uses the Spirit Seed Heroic Smashing Slam to kill over 4.5 million hollows. Never mind that there probably aren't even that many Hollows in Bleach's world of the living, let alone in just one part of Karakura Town.
- Only Sane Man: Original character Amety Kurosaki thinks she's this amongst her family.
- Original Character Gone Horribly Wrong
- Purple Prose: As per the typical Mary Sue author, CL puts a lot of effort and color into her descriptions of her OC's appearance.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: More than a few of the negative reviews involve this.
- Rouge Angles of Satin:
- Cutie 3 Pie's reviews make the English language cry.
"i lik r stoi plz rit sm mor mins me of twlit"
- Even some of the more intelligent and critical flamers aren't immune. For example, in Chapter 3 of JM's story, Dark Kuroda says "This chapter is better then your first too".
- Small Name, Big Ego: CL and JM, for sure.
- Straw Feminist: Parodied; Christina Love accuses Dark Kuroda of being anti-feminist in response to him criticizing her Mary Sue Author Avatar for taking over Ichigo's role. When DK responds that it's not the issue, CL claims that DK must be a guy if he's anti-feminist, and has no right to criticize her if he has not written a fanfic himself.
- Take That!: The whole fic, towards authors of bad fanfic that can't take criticism and subscribe to cliches.
- YemiHikari takes jabs at portions of the Twilight fanbase, if JM's pen name is any indication. Also, ditzy reviewer Cutie 3 Pie praises JM's story for being reminiscent of Twilight, even though it's really, really not.
- They Plotted a Perfectly Good Waste: Oshikko's hate fics invoke this. Disturbingly enough, they may actually be better than either of CL or JM's fics; the basic plots could be considered interesting, just not for the Bleach universe.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Animus Rover has only been featured in one chapter so far.
- Wrecked Weapon: Culth blocks Ichigo's swordnote before snapping it into multiple pieces.