Fan Fic / Beyond the Sea
A My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic crossover
Sixteen years after the events of FiM
, the six former Elements of Harmony have moved on with their own lives and rarely see each other anymore. Pinkie invites the group to Manehattan for a reunion, but things spiral wildly out of control, and they end up in the decaying, underwater city of Rapture. The old friends square off against everything its leader Summer Rain can throw at them, including crazed splicers, the fearsome Big Stags, and the Little Fillies they protect.
Will they be able to pull together to save the sunken wonder, and their strained friendship?
Can be read here
. Page Needs Wiki Magic Love
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Summer Rain, who appears to be this story's Andrew Ryan.
- Break the Cutie: Rapture is not kind to the Mane Six.
- Body Horror:
- The imprisoned unicorn in the prologue, due to heavy experimentation.
- Splicers, in true BioShock form.
- Crossover: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic meets BioShock.
- Fire/Ice/Lightning: Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, respectively, after injecting themselves with Plasmids.
- Happily Married: Applejack.
- Hearing Voices: Pinkie Pie says she can hear two voices in her head: one that tells her to be angry at her friends when she wants them to be happy, and completely takes over when she becomes mad enough; and another, quieter and friendly one that, for whatever reason, tells her to pull the lever in the Bathysphere that brings them to Rapture.
- Jerkass Realization: Rainbow Dash plans on ditching her friends' week-long reunion halfway through to make a flight show Fillydelphia on time. She starts second-guessing herself when Pinkie finds out and breaks the news to the other girls, but the pangs of guilt really hit home after they reach Rapture, where a paranoia-stricken Fluttershy starts thinking Dash will leave her for dead without another thought.
- Psycho Party Member: Pinkie Pie, who occasionally falls into a trance and constantly mutters Twilight's name, then snaps out of it with no memory of it whatsoever. It's during one of these moments that causes her to send the Mane Five to Rapture.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Pinkie dishes these out practically every time she opens her mouth when "Pinkamena" is in control.
- Reluctant Mad Scientist: Twilight helped create the Plasmids that gave Splicers their powers.
- Self-Harm: Summer Rain cut off her own cutie mark to symbolize her breaking free from the destiny in determines for her.
- She's All Grown Up: Though they don't appear in the story, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are now fully grown mares, and the proud wielders of the Elements of Harmony.
- These Hooves Have Killed: Rainbow Dash's reaction after killing a trio of Splicers.
- Underwater City: Rapture, natch.
- Voice with a Radio Connection: Twilight, who's been stuck in Rapture for months before her friends arrive, guides the five through the city via crystal "talk-boxes" scattered throughout.
- We Used to Be Friends: And if they have any hope of surviving Rapture, the Mane Five will have to become friends once more.
- What the Hell, Hero?: As their cruise ship sinks with only the Mane Five on board, Pinkie goes straight-maned and blows up at everyone for ruining her week-long plans among other things: Rainbow Dash for trying to ditch them; Rarity for trying to save her dress designs instead of her friends; and Applejack and Fluttershy for taking too long while everypony else on the ship took all the lifeboats.