Fan Fic: Beautiful Dreamer Pretty Cure
Beautiful Dreamer Pretty Cure is a fanseries by Ryanasaurus0077 with a dream thematic handled in a Science Fiction manner.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Acqua's voice synthesizer is a stealth one to both Emma Ogata and Sarah LaFleur due to its name alone.
- Battle Ballgown: Worn by Cures Lenticolare and Neon.
- Been There, Shaped History: Mike and Elettra unwittingly create MS-DOS while protecting a young Lakeside student named Billy.
- Big Bad: Don Victor.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Rupert Grint as Mike and Emma Watson as Elettra, both in the English dub. Italian stunt actor Ottaviano Dell'acqua also voices a supporting character in the Italian dub.
- The Chessmaster: Elettra is this for the Cures and mascots, sharing this position with Roger and Professor Deodato. If either of the latter aren't putting the pieces in place for a Cure victory against the mob, you can count on her to be doing just that. She states in an early episode that she used to play chess with the other mascots and aced them with her brains, thus preparing the reader for her first big play.
- Dance Battler: Cure Alcalino. Contrary to what their costumes will lead you to believe, though, Cures Ellittico and Lenticolare are not this.
- Expy: Professor Deodato certainly bears an uncanny resemblance to Burt Wilson.
- Going Commando: Defied by Will after he emerges from the dressing room wearing his Cure costume:Cure Lenticolare: You idiot! How do you expect me to fight the Mafia and not expose myself accidentally from time to time in this getup?
- Leotard of Power: Mike and Ian have been confirmed to wear this as Cures. Danny also wears a school swimsuit as Cure Alcalino, and Roger's Cure outfit incorporates a corset that resembles this.
- Megane: Mike becomes this after being hit in the face by liquid nitrogen, while Daniele has been wearing glasses for some time before the start of the series. After one of his friends is brainwashed by Don Victor, Will starts wearing glasses as Cure Lenticolare.
- Monkey Morality Pose: While the pose itself is never featured, the initial three humanoids (Elettra, Fuoco, and Acqua) have handicaps that otherwise fit the spirit of what this trope is trying to convey: Elettra wears glasses and is Blind Without 'Em (see no evil); Fuoco can't hear clearly without hearing aids (hear no evil); and Acqua requires a voice synthesizer to communicate (speak no evil).
- Named After Somebody Famous: In this case, the characters bear the surnames of Eurocult film personalities, including (but not limited to) Lewis E Ciannelli, Mike Monty, Serafino Profumo, Al Cliver (real name Pierluigi Conti), Luciano Pigozzi, Ruggero Deodato, Bruno Mattei, Robert Marius, Edwige Fenech, Rene Abadeza, Bud Spencer (real name Carlo Pedersoli), Ivan Rassimov, Ottaviano Dell'acqua, and Massimo Vanni.
- Not Worth Killing: When Benny finally confronts Billy, he assesses him to be a waste of ammo. Justified, since Notte Sognante was just starting to wear off.
- Opera Gloves: Worn by Cure Ellittico, and usually by Cure Alcalino (though he removed them for a group picture with the mascots and one of the villains). Danny also wears them during his ballet recitals.
- Plucky Comic Relief: The mascots tend to fill this function.
- Precision F-Strike: When Professor Deodato is alerted to a security breach during the Cold Open of episode 6, he checks out the Time Room (used for time traveling purposes). When he enters the pink phone booth, checks the date and location on the monitor, and realizes that Don Victor is trying to change history, he says, "Oh, shit!"
- Science Hero: All five Cures are this; not only that, their powers are purely DNA-based, so they have to put their costumes on manually.
- Shout-Out: The first episode clearly shows influence from the first several scenes of Return of the Living Dead; also, when another Cure or mascot sets Cure Alcalino or Laser up for individual attacks, it's always in the form of a ballet-style lift, kind of like what Batman and Robin do to set Batgirl up to attack her opponents in the '60s Batman.
- The Snark Knight: Elettra has shade of this. For example, after Mike puts on his Cure costume for the first time in episode 2:Elettra: What are you thinking, wearing such a getup as that? This is Pretty Cure, not Ballet 101!
- Suddenly Always Knew That: How are some of the Cures and mascots (most notably Cure Ellittico and Elettra) able to lift Dance Battlers Cure Alcalino and Laser to set the latter two up for individual attacks (a la the '60s Batman)? Simple: they had some history with weightlifting.
- Temporary Blindness: Mike gets hit with this hard in episode 1 courtesy of liquid nitrogen, to the point where he needs to wear glasses even after he regains his sight.
- Three-Dimensional Episode: All of them.
- Tights With A Skirt: Enforced and gender inverted.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Happens in a few episodes.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Will.