A fanfic of Axis Powers Hetalia
, it is an AU fic set in WWII Italy. It follows Feliciano, who is the grandson of a resistance leader, when he meets Ludwig, a German soldier.It can be read here
.As it is an AU fic, the main cast is known as their human names. It also ties into the writer's other story, "We'll Meet Again", except Auf Wiedersehen tells the events from Ludwig and Feliciano's point of view.
- As an extra bonus, someone even made a song entitled "Auf Wiedersehen" that tells the story through Feliciano's eyes. It can be found here.
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Feliciano.
- All Germans Are Nazis: Subverted, since Ludwig later resists his orders and saves an American prisoner.
- And I Must Scream: Feliciano can't tell Ludwig that The Americans are going to ambush his base.
- Anyone Can Die: Subverted in that Feliciano and Antonio don't die, per se...
- The Apocalypse Brings Out the Best in People:
- Bilingual Bonus: They sometimes speak in their mother-tongue.
- Break the Cutie: Feliciano, when Ludiwg gets imprisoned by the SS.
- Cassandra Truth: Ludwig doesn't believe Feliciano when he tells him that the Americans are going to attack them.
- Justified, since Feliciano is a Resistenza-Member.
- Character Development: All of them, but mostly Feliciano, who grows from the naive boy to a pretty tough man.
- Chocolate of Romance: On their first "date", Ludwig brings Feliciano a bar of chocolate. Keep in mind, this is WWII era Italy where chocolate is hard to get ahold of.
- Cool Plane: Greta
- Fate Worse than Death: Antonio's torture.
- Handicapped Badass: Ludwig can still win barfights even after his paralysis.
- Heroic Wannabe: To some extent, Lovino.
- La Résistance: The Italian Resistenza, which fights against the German occupation.
- Love Hurts: AND HOW.
- Scenery Porn: Quite a good deal of it.
- Taking You with Me: Ludwig plans to do this to Alfred after being shot, but doesn't succeed.
- Took a Level in Badass: Feliciano when he tries to free Ludwig.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: In spades.