Aoi Sekai No Chuushin De, also known as The Center of the Blue World or World War Blue, is a parody of the console wars between Nintendo and SEGA in their early era.Warning: Spoilers ahead!
Tropes found in Aoi Sekai No Chuushin De include:
- Amazonian Beauty: Tofai. Interestingly, she's based on Akuma from Street Fighter.
- Bishōnen: Tejirov. Gear doesn't look too bad himself.
- Console Wars: This series is basically this as a Fantasy setting.
- Curtains Match the Window: Gear.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Whenever Opal uses her Shooting ability, it really seems like as though something else was about shoot from within her...
- Double Entendre: Tejirov's Tetris jokes are just Tetris jokes, right?...right?...guys?....
- During the War
- Expy: Being a parody of the Console Wars, we have characters representing various video game characters or entire video games. The different regions in the land of Consume are also named after video game companies like Ninteldo Empire, Segua Kingdom, Atarika Empire, etc.
- Fingore: Opal gets her nails ripped off from overcharging her Shooting ability.
- Hot Springs Episode
- The Anime only showed Gear and Tejirov in the hot spring; however the Manga included a (separate baths) scene with Nel and Opal as well as the two boys.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: This happens to Tial very early on in the story.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Parodies of Sonic the Hedgehog (Gear and Tial), Phantasy Star II (Nel), Fantasy Zone (Opal), Tetris (Tejirov), Columns (Ramses), The Legend of Zelda (Zelig), Super Mario Bros. (Marcus and Guliji), and so on...
- Ms. Fanservice: Every girl in one way or another.
- Mr. Fanservice: The guys also have their share of fanservice.
- Super Speed: Take a wild guess.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Gear, again.