An infamous retelling of the Ruby Quest adventure by a member of that most furious of fan-created Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine chapters, the Angry Marines.The original version can be found here◊ if the website in question is allowing hotlinking at the moment, or at a backup here, and a video version here.The short presentation gained astounding popularity as it was first posted in one of the Ruby Quest threads. Since then, the Angry Marine's variation has been recurringly posted by anonymous /tg/ in multiple threads and has also spread across the lower regions of the net.(This page could use some clean up and Wiki Magic)
This work has examples of:
- Action Girl: This version of Ruby is not to be fucked with.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: The GM wisely doesn't question how Ruby and Tom can survive on the moon.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: How did Ruby and Tom avoid drowning during their escape? "They're guided by the Emperor! All things are possible by him!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Since the player is an Angry Marine, natch.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ruby "fucks up a pussy-ass shark."
- Cutting the Knot: This trope essentially describes the entire thing. But, to name one certain example:Tom warns you-What FUCKING NOW TOMThe door!
It's a hatch.
We're underwater!Ruby fucks the door's shit up.
- Dungeon Bypass: We're not sure how, but Ruby goes straight from her box to Tom's cell. It's entirely possible she punched her way there.
- The Heretic: The narrator is accused of being such when he questioned the omnipotence of the Emperor.
- Irony: Ruby escapes to the moon.
- Off the Rails: "You fucker. I'm taking control of this shit."
- Oh, Crap!: Tom's face when Ruby smashes through the ceiling.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: The delivery of Tom's rescue in the video version.Ruby finds Tom.
RUBY. FINDS. TOM.
- Railroading: Goes beyond Off the Rails to full-on reverse Railroading, with player shouting down the GM's protests.
- Recursive Fanfiction: Duh.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The shithole Ruby and Tom escape from explodes behind them for no real reason.
- Tempting Fate: "I'd better not be in a fucking box."
- Threatening Shark: Invoked when the narrator protests that Ruby's escape can't be a simple swim to freedom. Ruby is unimpressed.
- Unstoppable Rage: Ruby is enraged, and nothing - not dangerous wildlife, not the plot, not the laws of physics - is going to stop her.
- Wake-Up Fighting: Ruby's reaction to waking up in a dark place? "Start punching. Everywhere!"
- Watch the World Die: Ruby and Tom chill out on the moon while the world burns in cleansing fire. Then their billion babies reclaim the planet for the Emperor.
- Xenafication: Parodied with Ruby herself. Note that the original work repeatedly brings up her "girlish figure". Not so much here.