Fanfic: Alchemical Solutions
is a Worm
crossover Quest currently running on Spacebattles
. It is the story of Enduring Order Administrator, aka Taylor Hebert, dealing with being a magical communist robot. Also, Autochthon screws things up.
Run by Gromweld
, a former Blizzard writer
, and inspired by ConquestQuest
. There are currently 14 discussion threads, and the story-only thread is Story Only
- Apocalypse How: Creation has been devoured by Oblivion, after being conquered by the Ebon Dragon.
- Artifact of Doom: The Eye of Autocthon, the device that is literally so powerful it ends up being a Literal Genie because it can't work on a small scale, seems to have materialized in Taylor's possession. And it's sapient, although nice to Taylor because she treats it like a person.
- Back from the Dead: Taylor, as Enduring Order Administrator
- Came Back Strong: See above.
- Deus Est Machina: Autochthon, the Great Maker, the Machine God.
- Doomed Hometown: The Endbringer attack on Brockton Bay is very very different. Behemoth targets Taylor personally, levelling BB in the process.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Both Miss Militia and Clarendon's gay principal have commented on her looks, mainly to forewarn her that a lot of other people are going to be interested.
- First Episode Resurrection: Of course, she only died in order to be resurrected in the first place.
- Flashback Nightmare: Taylor suffers these after the attempted assassination.
- Follow Your Nose: Aegis does this once while Taylor is cooking.
- Food as Bribe: Taylor uses her amazing cooking skills (enhanced by her crafting powers) to bribe people into doing jobs for her and to shore up her poor social skills.
- Healing Factor: Taylor, as an Exalted, heals four times faster than normal humans.
- Impossibly Delicious Food: Taylor's crafting enhancements extend to cooking, including the ability to automatically craft Exceptional examples with one of her charms. Given the difficulty of crafting Exceptional things, her cooking can be literally superhuman.
- Instant Armor: One of her Charms lets her integrate and extrude armour using Hammerspace. This includes equipping a full set of Powered Armor in a few seconds by extruding it into the appropriate position.
- In Mysterious Ways: Autochthon. Sadly, not always in good ways.
- Invisibility: One of Taylor's Charms handles this, to an exceptional degree.
- Jail Bait: Taylor's fifteen, but looks like she's twenty due to being in a new Alchemical body. She's also as beautiful as it's possible to be, which makes things awkward.
- Legally Dead: The aforementioned revival left a corpse behind.
- Naked on Revival: And stuck in her robot form. But she had super-invisibility powers, so that's OK.
- No Social Skills: Taylor literally started as this, according to Exalted mechanics. She's been working on it since.
- Oh, Crap: The reactions of the players, repeatedly.
- Powered Armor: She's built some, including antigravity pack.
- Robot Girl: Taylor is an Alchemical. She can look like either a robot or a human (or a human with some robot-parts if she wants to use her powers).
- Slumber Party: Taylor has one of these with Vista.
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Taylor started with very low social attributes and abilities. The players have been consistently raising the latter, but she's still struggling. She'll jump in front of a bullet without thinking but has to call up someone she barely knows for advice when she's asked on a date, before she says yes or no.
- Super Senses: Taylor has Optical Enhancements, including Innate Night Vision and X-Ray Vision. One of them is a medical scanner; she no longer scans boys who are looking at her.
- Super Toughness: Taylor, being an Alchemical Exalt, is a little tougher than a normal human.
- Supreme Chef: Taylor, due to her crafting enhancements applying to cooking. Also serves as the Team Chef.
- Taking the Bullet: Taylor deliberately puts herself in way of a bullet fired at her rather than dodge, as it would have hit Vista otherwise.
- The Cheerleader: Taylor joins the Clarendon cheerleading team at Glenn's encouraging. She's quickly accepted.
- Wham Line: “Ooh, Sirkalla! That’s a pretty name! I’m Riley!”
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: With Appearance 5, Taylor is regarded as one of the most beautiful people in the world.
- Wrench Wench: Taylor.