Fanfic / Advice From Pinkie Pie
Advice from Pinkie Pie
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic by HopeFox. You can read it at Fanfiction.net
, Archive of Our Own
, or FiMFiction.net
Rarity has had several wonderful dates with gentlemanly stallion Topaz Gleam. But when Topaz implies that he'd like to make their relationship sexual, Rarity isn't sure what to do. She seeks guidance from her friends, but Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, and Fluttershy have no experience with stallions, Rainbow Dash is nowhere to be found, and Pinkie Pie can't possibly help with a serious
problem like this…right?
The fic is notable for combining Original Flavor
dialogue and characterization of the Mane Six with frank and funny discussions of sexuality, without any actual sex scenes.
This Fan Fic contains examples of:
- Angst: Rarity's worries about whether she should sleep with Topaz or not are both Played for Laughs and shown sympathetically.
- Bi the Way: Pinkie Pie likes both stallions and mares.
- Call-Back: To Fluttershy's famous "You're going to love me" line.
- Casual Kink: Pinkie Pie enjoys BDSM. Also, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash incorporate it into their sex life. Rainbow Dash is a masochistic submissive and Fluttershy is a sadistic dominant.
- Celibate Hero: Twilight Sparkle, though she does enjoy romance novels.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Pinkie Pie, obviously.
Rarity: Oh, Pinkie Pie, you're right. Thank you so much for your advice. No matter what happens tonight, it'll be good for us both. I don't know what I'd do without you.
Pinkie Pie: Oh, Rarity, I don't know what I'd do without me either. That would be weird! Now go get ready for your date, and remember everything I told you!
- Covert Pervert: When Rarity asks Fluttershy about Dash's whereabouts, Fluttershy gives her one of these.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The only action Applejack's getting is from "good ol' Doctor Hooves." This does not mean the brown earth pony who lives in a little blue box.
- Ethical Slut: Pinkie Pie, in a rather epic instance of the trope. Equal emphasis is placed on the "slut" part and the "ethical" part.
- Good Bad Girl: Pinkie Pie's fun loving personality extends to sex.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Pinkie Pie's escapades are implied to be this. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's sex life isn't exactly vanilla either.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: Pinkie Pie offers Rarity ice cream after sex with Topaz goes wrong.
- Hidden Depths: All of the Mane Six, in regards to their sexuality, but especially Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy
- Idealized Sex: Thoroughly averted. Rarity knows that sex is more awkward in real life. But she wants it to go well, which is why she's looking for advice in the first place. Sex with Topaz turns out to be even more awkward than Rarity anticipated: Topaz suddenly can't "perform." To save face, he blames Rarity for being too ugly and dumps her. Pinkie Pie helps Rarity get over her disappointment by explaining that the silliness of sex is just part of the fun.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: Happens to Topaz when he and Rarity try to do the deed.
- Moustache de Plume: Inverted with romance author Summer Moonlight.
- Multi-Way Sex: What Pinkie Pie did last Wednesday.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Big Mac and Granny Smith. Which is why Applejack is still a virgin.
- Naughty by Night: Fluttershy, who's the sexually dominant one in her relationship with Rainbow Dash.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Twilight Sparkle. She's more interested in studying than looking for a date.
- Noodle Implements: Pinkie's "toys."
- Of Course I'm Not A Virgin: Twilight Sparkle insists this at first, but quickly gives up.
- Original Flavor: The Mane Six are admirably in character despite the mature subject matter.
- Parents Walk In at the Worst Time: Mrs. Cake has walked in on Pinkie when she was "entertaining" a stallion. Pinkie passed it off as practice for the Running of the Leaves.
- Pun: "Rainbow Dash must still be tied up somewhere."
- The Reveal: Rarity thinks that Rainbow Dash might have some good advice about stallions, but she can't find her anywhere. In fact, Rainbow Dash is tied up in Fluttershy's bed.
- Romance Novel: Summer Moonlight's "Sir Coppermane" series is apparently quite popular in-universe. Both Twilight Sparkle and Rarity are fans.
- Secret Relationship: Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash. It's secret because Fluttershy is too shy to let anypony know yet.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Twilight is most definitely not some recluse who spends all her time studying and would rather read a book than go on a date.
- Wham Line: "Ooh, ooh, I know! You're worried that he's going to want to stick it in you and you won't know what to do!"