Fan Fic / Adventures of Mario and Sonic
A fan fiction series written by jakeroo123, Adventures of Mario & Sonic is a crossover of Sonic the Hedgehog
and Super Mario Bros.
There are three fictions:
- Super Mario Colors, an adaptation of Sonic Colors' basic plot with Mario characters included. From there, it quickly deviates from the plot, bringing in more Mario characters and quite a few subplots.
- Generations, which is based on Sonic Generations. Subplots from the previous fic are continued, and new ones are introduced.
- Peach's Adventure, which follows the adventures of Peach after Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Tails are trapped in the future. Amy Rose and Russ T. join in to help.
This fan fiction contains examples of:
- Amusement Park of Doom: Tails keeps asking Sonic if they can go on the rides because he thinks they look fun instead of "doom-like." Eggman is pretty much notorious for designing very stupid versions of this trope.
- Ascended Extra:
- Luigi and Tails have essentially been Demoted to Extra in their respective series, they play much larger roles here.
- Russ T., whose only distinctions are being smart and the Mario Bros' neighbor.
- Atrocious Alias: Peach wants to name her team 'Sweety Pies' and 'Kind Hearts'. They think that those names suck.
- Big Eater: Mario, to the point where Eggman has to call Knuckles up to stop him from eating Sweet Mountain. Eggman would also qualify.
- Bilingual Bonus: If you can read hexadecimal, you might notice a few things.
- Blind Without 'Em: Amy Rose doesn't wear glasses, but it's hinted that she needs an eye doctor, as she mistook Shadow for Sonic.
- "Let's go trash the place!" from Sonic with a couple of variations.
- Daisy has her trademark "Hi, I'M DAISY!," which Luigi complains about.
- Comically Invincible Hero: Lampshaded in the first chapter where Mario had to tell Luigi that he is not, in fact, invincible (despite having super-speed and a high IQ). Mario is invincible whenever he isn't just a Showy Invincible Hero.
- Fun with Foreign Languages: Cubot's "random babblings" in Chapter 22 are actually all hexadecimal codes, which translate into things like "You're a nerd if you can read this," "Lampshade hanging," and "breaking the fourth wall."
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Mario and Luigi aren’t speaking with their usual over the top Italian accents. Justified, as writing this way would get VERY annoying.
- Smug Super: Sonic, who besides being the "fasting thing alive", also “looks awesome while doing it”.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Toadsworth accuses Peach of liking being kidnapped on a regular basis.
- Stout Strength: Mario is proud to be fat and strong. He even refers to it by thinking that being fat is an advantage when you have to "smash stuff."
- Trademark Favorite Food:
- Mario is obsessed with spaghetti. 'Lotsa spaghetti'
- Sonic's favourite is chili dogs.
- Tails loves mint candy.