Fanfic / Accidental Companions
Three of Kakashi's summon dogs are injured, and Kakashi has to leave on a five-week mission so isn't able to care for them. So, he decides to allow Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura to care for them. Unfortunately the dog under Naruto's care, Guruko
, isn't exactly happy with his arrangement.
However, as he spends time with Naruto, he learns more about the 13-year old blonde and what exactly life is like for Naruto.
An Alternative Character Interpretation
story written by Windschild8178
and told from the focus of Guruko, it is a well-written story that can invoke strong emotions from the reader.
- Big Damn Heroes: Might Gai seems to have this as a special ability.
- Blatant Lies: Pretty much everything that comes out of Naruto’s mouth when he’s around his precious people.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted. Sakura's 'funny abuse' against Naruto is shown to affect Naruto severely.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: SO averted. It is all levels of wrong in the fic.
- However, invoked in the author's notes. "One more thing. I'm not describing male on male. The rapist is a female for my sanity's sake..."
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Naruto thinks he’s in one of these kinds of stories when it’s a completely different one.
- Fair Weather Mentor: Dammit, Kakashi and Jiraiya; you’re spitting all over Minato’s sacrifice!
- False Friend: Naruto’s view on Team 7
- Flanderization: Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura can be seen as this.
- Freudian Excuse: Naruto, several times over.
- Greater Need Than Mine: How Naruto sees everyone around him after years of being pushed aside
- Gold Fever: In the sense of greed for money. It actually works out in Naruto’s favor.
- Heroic BSOD: Naruto after Ino’s prank and the resulting reaction from the villagers.
- I Never Told You My Name: Gives Naruto a real BSOD moment when a certain someone knew his name before he told them it.
- In the End, You Are on Your Own: Naruto’s view after years of abuse and neglect by the entire village.
- Jerkass: Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Naruto needs to learn just when to stop struggling painfully and get a little help from some friends, though that’s not Naruto’s fault.
- Loners Are Freaks: But it’s not like Naruto can help it; he’s tried making friends with Team 7, which failed.
- The Millstone: Team 7’s opinion on Naruto, including Naruto.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Sakura and Kakashi realize too late how badly they’ve messed up.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Sasuke delivers one on Naruto because Naruto refuses to fight him.
- Not Even Human: The justification used for Naruto’s abuse
- Not So Different: Several of the characters think this, such as Naruto and Sasuke and Syne and Naruto. Now, as to the truths of the comparisons...