A naked girl revealing herself, based on Greek history*
, is Fanservice
- This ad for billboard space is built on this trope. Buy this space or the fat man gets nekkid! (Also has some Unfortunate Implications, as this explains.)
- A Finnish ad for Fixus car services. There's an old guy with two beautiful daughters, but the daughters talk with their father's voice.
- Paintdoktorwho, a Tumblr of Doctor Who fanart made in MS Paint, released a "sexy" 2014 Pin Up calendar displaying all of the Doctors. Between the crude, very unsexy art, the physical appearance of some of the Doctors, the Cliché Storm poses and how the images go out of their way to avoid showing us the Eighth Doctor naked in favour of showing us John Hurt, it takes any possibility of Self-Fanservice and spears it into your eyeballs.
- Ace Attorney fanfic Dirty Sympathy: normally a shirtless Klavier Gavin would be a treat, but not when his chest is covered with bloody bite marks and abuse scars.
- From the Lost Forever Fire Emblem Awakening comic Future of Despair... Uh, having former Tomboy Princess Lissa's quite larger than before chest on partial display thanks to a black dress with a rather generous cleavage is awkward, since she's YET AGAIN weeping and crying more than she ever did in canon. And this time, it's over the lifeless body of her recently "fridged" husband, Lon'qu.
- Whenever Dan Kraus attempts to do a 'sexy' edit of a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic screen capture, you'd better believe it falls hard into this trope. The only exception is this one, which unleashed the nightmarish Tatzljack unto the world.
- Hieronymus Bosch, especially in his religious/cautionary works.
- Gustave Doré, all too often.
- Henry Fuseli, best known for The Nightmare◊.
- Francisco De Goya, especially with the mental and physical health problems he experienced towards the end of his life.
- Carolee Schneemann's Interior Scroll, a performance piece where she reads from a scroll literally pulled from her vagina.
- From Rebirth, Deshwitat has a sparring match with an ancient, bearded Wicked Cultured vampire. During the battle, said ancient vampire (in a bout of humor) transforms himself into a hot young half-dressed woman to throw him off. Deshwitat, baffled and enraged, orders him to change back. He certainly does, but only his head, leaving the rest of it the same.
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono in the nude on the album cover of Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins. John actually said that a lot of the controversy about the nudity had more to do with the fact that they weren't attractive nude people.
- They Might Be Giants' song "The Catalyst":
- The music video for "Closer" from The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails has this in spades. There are naked women (and naked bondage-Trent) but the other images and the music itself prevent it from being anywhere near Fanservice.
- Meanwhile, the music video for "Happiness In Slavery" makes "Closer" look tame. It involves a naked man torn to pieces in gruesome ways. If it weren't in black and white, it would be completely unwatchable. And this is just the most widely seen portion of the semi-unreleased Broken Movie, which is apparently twenty minutes of stuff like this, though most of it is rather tame music videos by Happiness in Slavery standards. The rest will remove parts of your soul that you can never reclaim.
- In the full version of Robbie Williams's "Rock DJ," Robbie takes it all off. By "all off," that includes his skin and muscle tissue.
- A Walking Shirtless Scene is sexy right? Not when the person walking shirtless is Rick Ross.
- P!nk's "Stupid Girls" video has three scenes of Pink wearing not very much - the first is her in a bikini getting a completely ugly orange spray tan, the second is her pants getting ripped off completely in the gym to her humiliation and the third is her topless but getting ready to have a ton of cosmetic surgery. She was probably going for this as well with the pisstake of Jessica Simpson in "These Boots Are Made For Walking".
- In "Perfect" the girl in the video is seen in a bathtub, carving the word "Perfect" into her arm. Squick.
- There are plenty of bikini-clad women in Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker." The catch: all of them have Richard D. James's face.
- The music videos for "Pon De Floor" and "Keep It Goin' Louder" by Major Lazer.
- Divine's I'm So Beautiful music video. The title doesn't help to "her" jiggling.
- Lady Gaga uses this trope as frequently as she uses Fetish Fuel:
- In "Bad Romance" she's seen naked several times, but she also looks unnaturally thin... and then you see that in-video, she's actually portraying a Sex Slave.
- Also the random hairless cat that flashes for a fraction of a second in Bad Romance.
- Then there's the (NSFW) short movie ''The Abramovic Method Practiced By Lady Gaga'', directed by Serbian performance artist Marina Abramović, in which she stalks through a glade completely naked except for a blindfold and poses nude on a rather uncomfortable looking crystal, all set to rather unsettling throat singing and synthesizer noise.
- A fair few of the pictures she released via twitter over the years may also qualify as this.note
- The music video for "Paparazzi" features a large amount of attractive looking supermodels. They all appear to have been murdered in various gruesome ways.
- The music video for "Girls & Boys" by Good Charlotte. Elderly people dressed like younger people.
- Murdoc Niccals of Gorillaz is basically made of Fan Disservice.
- The career of Mexican singer Alejandra Guzman for about the last decade or so. She aims to be Ms. Fanservice, but she gets into Erection Rejection at best.
- The cover for Intestinal Disgorge's "Depravity" is a man having sex with a lady in S&M gear... who has obviously been dead for at least a few days and is thoroughly mangled from the waist down.
- The The Scissor Sisters' video for "Invisible Light." Among other moments, a man licks the stigmatic hand of a naked, bone-thin woman while the screen cuts to a cleaned (as in, for cooking) rabbit crucified.
- The Contemptible Cover of The Bloodhound Gang's Hefty Fine, with a naked obese man.
- The video for LMFAO's "Sexy And I Know It". It starts with the band members themselves nearly naked, and while they're not all that good-looking, they're not bad-looking either. But by the climax of the video there's a huge, hairy overweight man at the camera.
- Most fan videos for "Sexy and I Know It" use unattractive characters in joking reference to this. There's even one using a lot of incredibly unattractive pictures of various exposed flesh from People of Walmart.
- The Foo Fighters promoted their 2011 US Tour with Hot Buns (this might still be NSFW, even though it's censored), which apparently was inspired by Dave Grohl waiting for his food in a truck stop.
- In the uncensored version of her video to "Pagan Poetry" from Vespertine the ever lovely Björk presents us with some very candid shots of her topless self... interspersed with visuals of needles piercing through skin and then revealing herself to be covered in bead chains attached to her whole upper body. Nightmare Fuel to some – wicked sexy to others...
- The (NSFW) music video for the British group Hefner's song "I Took Her Love For Granted" features some very pasty blokes running around in the nude. In slow motion. Not only are they not exactly attractive, the way their genitals bob and sway in the wind (completely uncensored, mind you) is 100% pure Uncanny Valley.
- In the video for Los Fabulosos Cadillac's "Matador", it's hard to focus on the hot and sexy dark-skinned dancers wearing few more than white bikinis... when the video in itself shows the story of a freedom fighter being bloodily murdered. Including the guy being shot on-screen, squirting lots of High-Pressure Blood...
- Miley Cyrus's bizarre Base Breaker performance at the 2013 VMAs, in which she wore a teddy bear costume, mimed sex with teddy bears, slapped the asses of twerking black women dressed as teddy bears, then stripped down to a flesh-coloured latex bikini and ground on Robin Thicke's crotch while singing his incredibly rapey song "Blurred Lines". Was it racist? Sexist? Ethical Slut feminism? A bad influence on the (apparently dumber than boys) little girls who loved her as Hannah Montana? A Stealth Parody of the music industry Playing to the Fetishes to such extremes? A rather sad act of rebellion against her Good Ol' Boy father? Miley trying to deliberately spark flamewars and shitstorms the internet because she thinks it's hilarious? A really blatant attempt to drum up controversy? Pretty much the only thing seemingly everyone can agree on is that Miley Cyrus was definitely not trying to be sexy.
- Any arousal that could possibly be derived from the porn variant cover of Kanye West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, in which the usually handsome Kanye is depicted in a painting naked and screwing a hot Monster Girl, is destroyed by the intentionally awful quality of the art.
- The music video for "Black Skinhead" features Kanye either shirtless or fully naked depending on the shot. However, it is also full of symbolism about the suffering of African Americans, including shots towards the end of Kanye with tribal tattoos and whip scars, barking dogs, and people wearing black pointed hoods. Not to mention that it's actually a CGI model of him, dipping right into the Uncanny Valley before the animation glitches up.
- In a-ha's video Velvet, the very Tall, Dark and Handsome Morten Harket appears in a hot tub. Then, his "character" gets murdered when his in-video girlfriend tosses a hair dryer in it.
- In The Sun Always Shines On TV, the three hot A-Ha guys are surrounded by naked women. Only that these women are actually very eerie looking mannequins.
- This. "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Barry White along with scenes of Sméagol and Gollum.
- There is an ad for an MMORPG showing a girl in an extremely Stripperiffic costume. From what this observer can tell, she has no arms.
- In the CAPSLOCK: ATLA community, the "penance" for posting in lowercase is that you have to post naked Iroh pictures.
- An image from the Japanese art site Pixiv features a cute, blue-skinned girl-who happens to have the flesh stripped from her midsection, leaving her spinal cord and bottom of her ribcage exposed.
Recorded and Stand-Up Comedy
- Two words that strike fear and terror into even the most jaded Pro Wrestling fan's gonads: Mae Young.
- The 2000 Royal Rumble "Miss Rumble" bikini contest. Hot women in bikinis, often getting skimpier per woman. The last bonus entrant... Mae Young. A woman in her 80s. She then promptly attempts to kiss Jerry Lawler, and ends up baring her breasts. DVD version of this was unfortunately very poorly censored.
- WWE had a thing called "Divas Undressed" in which the Divas paraded around in skimpy outfits. It was aired at 1 in the morning and they decided the event needed WWE style "comedy". So we got Mae Young again. And for good measure, Rico in a pineapple bra.
- The Bra and Panties Gauntlet match at "New Year's Revolution 2006" had her come out and perform a full striptease in front of the crowd.
- The Katie Vick angle. Triple H brings up Katie Vick during a feud with Kane, a supposed incident where Kane was in love with a cheerleader named Katie Vick, but then she died, and he promptly had sex with her corpse. The lowpoint of this angle was a supposed "video" Triple H produced of Kane committing the act—-it was Triple H in a Kane mask, climbing into a coffin with a cheerleader mannequin, pretending to have sex. Ended with Triple H reaching over towards her head, grabbing a handful of spaghetti with sauce and throwing it at the camera, proclaiming that he "screwed her [brains] out".
- "Big" Dick Johnson. Or, as he was known before he was named on-screen (and his counterpart in TNA was actually named), Big Fat Naked Oily Guy. Yes, it's as bad it sounds.
- Big Daddy V (aka: Mabel: aka: King Mabel aka: Viscera)'s standard attire consisted of a singlet. This doesn't sound too out of the ordinary, but remember that he was billed at 500lbs. The singlet did a job of showing off his huge man boobs. This didn't go unnoticed by, and grossed out, a lot of smarks.
- Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 have Slaanesh, the Chaos god of desire, excess, decadence, beauty, pleasure, love, lust, and this trope. Its lesser demons, Daemonettes, exemplify this trope and all its servants eventually become this through the "blessings" of Chaos mutations.
- The spin-off Blood Bowl has this too. All races have cheerleaders. Now, for the humans and especially the elves, this is no problem at all. When it comes to Orcs, Ogres, Dwarves and Mutants-Dedicated-To-The-God-Of-Disease-And-Decay, however... Pass the Brain Bleach. Averted (perhaps thankfully) by the PC game; the Orcs have drummers, the Lizardmen have Skinks with football rattles, and the Nurgle devotees are actually quite attractive note .
- Sulumor, aka Hellnun, is the most heavily sexualised Infernal Exalted, being a gorgeous woman in a sort of stripper-nun outfit. How could her being topless be anything other than sexy? Simple. The picture of Sulumor topless in the Infernals book is demonstrating a Malfeas Charm that allows you to render yourself immune to disease for a while by self-inducing horrible supernatural radiation sickness, complete with tumoriffic skin. It's really, really, really not sexy.
- Pathfinder has Urgathoa, the goddess of Undeath, as one of the core deities. From the waist up she is a beautiful, buxom, and raven-haired (though also red-eyed) woman. But once you get below that...◊