Face Palm: Real Life
- Show of hands; who hasn't done this?
- Self-induced facepalms usually occur when you realize you yourself have done something ridiculously inane or have been missing the obvious. Especially prevalent in finally solving a problem after realizing you made an exceptionally simple error, like, say, forgetting to Carry the One.
- It's even worse if you're a roleplayer as every group has a player that delights in causing these.
- Some editors in This Wiki tend to use this at times as a reaction...and pothole it to this very page.
- The Brokers With Hands on Their Faces Blog. Cataloguing financial despair since 1929.
- In the Metallica documentary Some Kind of Monster, Kirk Hammett is seen to facepalm as Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield engage in a less-than-adult bitchfight.
- "New White House sport! Synchronized facepalming."
- On the image for the Gordon Brown page, he is making this gesture. He's just been told he got caught on tape insulting a member of the public behind her back, three days before a general election. Unfortunately, nobody told him about the camera in the radio studio, either. His spindoctors and assistants also had some pretty hilarious reactions when they realised that he'd just been filmed facepalming, unaware that they were being filmed too.
- There's a DragonForce interview where Fred facepalms in response to Vadim interrupting to ask him for an autograph.
- The ever popular Bongo◊. Always disappointed...
- A Pink Floyd photo session has the band making this gesture. It's even been turned into a motivational poster:
"The Pink Floyd Facepalm. When a flying pig isn't enough."
- Jonny and Colin Greenwood◊ of the band Radiohead reacted with a double facepalm◊ at the BUG Radiohead special when faced with one of the band's older music videos.
- It seems to be the case here: 
- Some mandrills can be seen doing this gesture in the zoo.
- the FIFA World Cup logo for 2014 [http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dirty-tackle/brazil-s-world-cup-logo-has-a-hidden--facepalm--170959985.html]