Face Palm: Fan Works
Big Hero 6
- Hiro does this twice in one night in Different Course of Events, as Baymax was doing an usually good job of saying just the wrong thing to Tadashi.
Baymax: The encounter with the masked man only increased Hiro's levels of stress, especially when we were under attack and as we escaped by jumping out of a window.Hiro slammed his hand against his forehead for a second time that night.
- This is a popular trope in The Snow Has Stopped The Rain. Instances include:
- Ichigo when his friends had decided to “rescue” him and an arrested Rukia, when he had been in the middle of trying to get her out using legal channels.
- Shirayuki (on herself unusually) when she realizes the ease of which she and Ichigo had been communicating via a Psychic Link should have been impossible and the implications of it are huge.
- Uryu barely resists this when he realizes Ganju had slipped away from the group when they're in hostile territory. He gives up and does it anyway when Ganju shows up screaming and being pursued by a large number of armed Shinigami.
- Happens a good amount of times in Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, almost always from one of the many Deadpan Snarkers of the fic.
- The Big Reveal has Merlin and Arthur switch lives with their actors, Bradley and Colin.
Colin: Well, maybe when we get to Camelot, you should refrain from kissing Gwen. In public. Or ever.Bradley: Hell. Gwen. What am I going to do?Bradley gave in to the urge to facepalm.
- In The Blue Blur of Termina, Tatl does this in response to Sonic's hesitation during his first use of the Deku Flower.
- I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC
- Green Goblin's drugged antics make Spider-Man facepalm himself.
- Green Goblin manages to make Batman do this. And Green Goblin wasn't even drugged at the time!
- Green Lantern does this while Deadpool was singing to Ryan Reynolds.
- In Kyon Big Damn Hero, Haruhi facepalms after realizing that Kyon's gotten himself in trouble with the School Council by hanging Yamane Jun out of a window.
- In Opening Dangerous Gates, Laxus does this when Makarov tries to hit on Rangiku, embarrassing everybody.
- In Shadows of Giants, Kenji does this so often in response to the Mane Six's antics that his forehead becomes red.
- In Ragnarok Light does this when Sayu meets his "new friends" while insulting all of them:
Light sighed again, pressing the heels of his hands to his eyes. That migraine was assured now- damn all little sisters to the blackest pits of hell.
- In The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds, Celestia facehoofs hard enough to cause a minor quake when she realizes she forgot to tell Megan about Cadence.
- Evangelion 303: Misato pulls it several times:
- In chapter 3, after Asuka has botched a mission because she was too busy inquiring about Shinji's sex life to focus on performing her task.
- In chapter 11, Asuka has been ordered to test a prototype war plane despite of not being psychologically stable. The test goes awry, and Misato -who had talked against putting Asuka in that plane-, facepalmed as wearing a "I knew it" expression.
- In chapter 14 Misato had been complaining about missing pilots. And then new pilots arrive and she realizes that they are guaranteed to make trouble. So she facepalms in irritation.
- In chapter four of Twinite, this is Sarah's reaction to her Uncle.
Turning away from the 'I know I'm cool' look, I rest my head in my palms. Well, more like nearly gave myself a concussion with both my hands. Facepalm, apply directly to face.
- "From Bajor to the Black, Part II" has Eleya do this when she finds out that, with everybody who was on the bridge dead courtesy of the Borg, the Closest Thing We Got to a conn officer is an ops ensign who likes to play a holodeck program of Operation Return.
Eleya: (facepalm) Fine, we don't have time to be picky. Ahead full.
- "Peace Forged in Fire, Part II" has one from General Brokosh after Captain Koren starts complaining about missing the entire Big Badass Battle Sequence.
Koren: Tal’Shiar scum! This is Koren, daughter of Grilka, Captain of the glorious IKS bortaS’qu! You will—what the… What do you MEAN we missed out on a glorious battle? ARGH!!!!!! I haven’t seen any action since Qo’noS! Why does it ALWAYS take an impending apocalypse for me to get to kill things???
Brokosh: (facepalm) Koren, you damn fool, get back in formation.
- In Keepers of the Elements, there are quite a few moments that cause these for various characters, from bad guys to the protagonists.
- In A Fanfiction Carol, Petraverd (the first ghost, in the form of a unicorn) face-hoofs whenever Smooge, after showing some sign of progress, acts like The Ditz-of-a-fangirl she still is.