Songs with an infuriating habit of getting into your head
from a variety of sources not covered elsewhere.
- Both the opening ("Burkaaa! (Avenger!)") and closing themes ("Don't mess with the lady in black, the lady in black, the lady in black...!") themes to the Pakistani cartoon Burka Avenger are prone to getting stuck in your head.
- A Prairie Home Companion presents us with a few:
- British radio has oodles:
Share and enjoy, share and enjoy
Journey through life with a plastic boy
Or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide
And when it breaks down or starts to annoy
Or grinds when it moves and gives you no joy
Cos it's eaten your hat or had sex with your cat,
Bled oil on your floor or ripped off your door
And you get to the point you can't stand any more,
Bring it to us, we won't give a fig;
We'll tell you...
Go stick your head in a pig!
- Radio station jingles in general are designed to create Ear Worms out of station names and slogans, and they often work!
- Some fire alarms, which make catchy bloops, blops, and wails.
- And the ones that go "The fire alarm has been sounded, and the cause of it is being investigated. Please remain calm and wait for further instructions. Thank you. (Lather, rinse, repeat)"
- Some reversing sirens - not content with merely beeping at you, they inform you: "Attention! This vehicle... is... reversing!"
- Certain racing car sounds from international Auto Racing, especially this one. Certain tropers are major Auto Racing fans and can't get this racing car sound out of their head for days.
- Sea Shanties. They can get stuck in your head for weeks just humming the same tune, this is a perfect example.