open/close all folders
- Queen has a LOT:
- "We Will Rock You"
- And "Bohemian Rhapsody."
- I was in a line at an amusement park and someone started humming that. It ended with the entire line singing it out loud.
- I once(Anime Boston '09) heard this song, very softly, on the Anime Boston background radio that gets drowned out later in the day. I was sitting waiting for the dealer's room to open, and suddenly the people cosplaying Amaterasu and two Time Owl-things sitting waiting also started singing, and I realized I had started to. We ended up singing it until they opened the room ten minutes early out of annoyance. I think it was about a half-hour or so, no less than, though. I kept running into them and sometimes one would be singing.
- I once had the middle part of that song (Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango) stuck in my head for three days straight.
- I have had it stuck in my head for about a year now. It's an on and off thing. Usually, I have to listen to it like twice a day and I'll get sick of it for that day so I will not think about it. It's almost gone.
- I've done my sentence but committed no crime; and bad mistakes: I've made a few and I've had my share of sand kicked in my face but I've come through! (and I need to go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!) We are the champions...
- And "Killer Queen." Made worse because I can't friggin remember the words.
- How the hell can you forget "Gunpowder and Gelatine, Dynamite with a Laser Beam"?!
- And Radio Ga Ga. "All we hear is Radio Ga Ga, Radio Goo Goo, Radio Ga Ga..."
- BICYCLE BICYCLE BICYCLE/I want to ride my bicycle/I want to ride my bike...
- Don't stop me ''now''! I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball..
- Caaaaaaaaan anybodyyyyyyy fiiind meeeeee.... somebody toooo loooooove?
- One man! One goal! One mission! (And speaking of songs that could be accused of fascism, try:)
- Heeeere we are! Born to be ki-ings, we're the princes of the universe!
- Flash! AAAAAAAH!
- Damn it, I hate that song! Now its stuck in my head again!
- The bass line from "The Invisible Man" (DUN!) has been rattling around in my head for days.
- Don't forget the bass line from "Under Pressure".
- ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
- ''AAAAAAAAH!!!'' You gonna take me home tonight? ''AAAAAAAAH!!!'' Down beside that red firelight!
- The guitar riff ending Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
- I'm knitting with only one needle/Unravelling fast, it's true/I'm driving only three wheels these days/But my dear, how about you?
- I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things...
- Great King Rat was a dirty old man, and a dirty old man was he... now, what did I tell you? Would you like to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
- This thing...called love. Iii-iii just! I can't HANDLE IT!
- Take me to the room where the black's all white and the white's all black, take me back to the shack!
- MUSTAPHAAAAAAAA!!!!!! duuun dun dun dun dun dun MUSTAPHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
- You should've been sweeping up the Emerald bar!
- This troper loves that song.
- It's a kind of magic Magic, Magic, Magic! (MAGI~~C!)
- TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN! TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN!
- "I want it all/I want it all/I want it all/And I want it now!
- "Inside my heart is breaking/My makeup may be flaking/But my smile still stays on..."
- So you feel like you ain't nobody/Always wanted to be somebody...
- Queensr˙che has a couple. "Silent Lucidity", "I Don't Believe in love", and "Walk in the Shadows" are the ones that come to mind.
- Queens of the Stone Age:
- Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Banana Phone! It will drive you bananas.
- These from Rage Against the Machine:
- J Ralph - "It's a blindfold kick back type of game called a KANSAS CITY SHUFFLE, where you look left..." and Bruce Willis snaps your neck
- Rania's Dr. Feelgood - "Doctor, doctor, feeeeel good! Come make me feel reaaaal good!" Caution: May cause you to start dancing sexily.
- Rancid gives us Time Bomb...
- "Black coat white shoes black hat cadillac, the boy's a time bo-o-omb!"
- "Destination unknown, Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho..."
- "Give 'em the boot, the roots, the radicals..."
- By Ram Jam: Who-oa, Black Betty, bambalam, who-oa, Black Betty, bambalam~
- Rammstein have a few, but Pussy definitely qualifies.
"You got a pussy! I have a dick-ah!
So what's the problem? Let's do it quick!
Take me now before it's too late...life's too short, so I can't wait!
Take me now, oh don't you see, I can't get laid in Germany!"
- DU! DU HAST!
- BANG! BANG! FEUER FREI!
- "We're all living in America!"
- Then there's "Kokain". "Ooo, du bist das schönste Kind... von allen!"
- From The Ramones:
- "Twenty, twenty, twenty-four hours to go... I wanna be sedated."
- "HEY! HO! Let's go! HEY! HO! Let's go! HEY! HO! Let's go! HEY! HO! Let's go!
- "I don't wanna be buried, in a pet sematery! I don't want to live my life again!"
- " Hey daddy-O, I don't wanna go DOOOOOOWN TO THIS PLACE!!! ( Dananana dan dan dananana)"
- Beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat with a BASEBALL BAT! Oh yah, Oh yah ohohoh!
- Rock, rock, rockaway beach, rock, rock, rockaway beach...
- Bonzo goes to Bitburg and goes out for a cup of tea, as I watched on TV somehow it really bothered me, drank in all the bars in town for an extended foreign policy...
- Rascal Flatts' "Bob That Head." It's a stupid song, but This Troper would easily file it under Guilty Pleasures for its ear-worm status alone.
- "What hurts the most, is being so close..."
- Ravel's Bolero is maddening in this way: on one hand it's essentially the same bit being done over and over again for about 15 minutes, but after about 8-10 minutes it's built to an epic and inspiring state of pure aural awesome.
- The Swedish group The Real Group has their song I Sing, You Sing. This one is also an example of a song about an earworm as the following verse shows:
I met a melody today
It didn't ask if it could stay
Now it even wants share my bed
You know at first it was OK
But as it never goes away
It drives me insane I almost wish I were dead
I can't get the melody out of my head
- The Ready Set: Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh...
- She's bringing me in, and she's kickin' me out again....
- Red Hot Chili Peppers:
- "Can't Stop". Especially the Guitar Riff and the Bassline.
- "Dream of californication..."
- "I like pleasure spiked with pain, and music is my aeroplane, is my aeroplane..."
- "California rest in peace, simultaneous release..."
- "If you see me getting high, knock me down, I'm not larger than life..."
- "Fight like a brave (LIKE A BRAVE)! Don't be a slave (NO SLAVE)!"
- "Hey oh, listen what I say-oh..."
- "Under the bridge downtown, is where I drew some blood..."
- "Give it away, give it away, give it away now!"
- "With birds I share this lonely view!"
- "By the way, I tried to say, I'd be there..."
- "Tell me baby, what's the story..."
- "How long, how loooooong, will I slide..." Especially the guitar riff in the chorus sticks.
- "Never in the wrong time or wrong place/Desecration is the smile on my face..."
- Redlight's appropriately named Get Out My Head. It won't.
- Rednex. Listen to Cotton Eyed Joe or Old Pop in an Oak. Once.
- Reel Big Fish:
- An amazingly infectious pop punk song, Face Down, by the The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: "Do you feel like a man / When you push her around / Do you feel better now? / As she falls to the ground". It's known to leach into your head.
- Rednex, "Cotton-Eyed Joe." "'Fit hadn't been for Cotton-Eyed Joe / I'd been married a long time 'go / Where didja come from, where didja go / Where didja come from, Cotton-Eyed Joe..."
- Motherdouchebags! I just got that out of my head.
- Ha. I got a singing birthday card from my uncle , and guess which song played when I opened it? Needless to say, I didn't open that card very often!
- "Bottleneck Bob is riding fast / Wanted by the law for the freight train blast / The sheriff and his men is a big bad mob / But they're chasing poor old Bottleneck Bob"
- Stand in the place where you live (now face north), think about direction, wonder why you haven't before... If the song doesn't burn itself into your mind, the dancing in the video will.
- It's The End of the World as We Know It, it's the end of the World as we know it, and I feel fine.
- SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE HOLDING HANDS !!!!
- SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE HOLDING HANDS !!!!
- SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE HOLDING HANDS !!!!
- I AM SUPERMAN, AND I CAN DO ANYTHING!
- And another from R.E.M.; "This one goes out to the one I love/This one goes out to the one I've left behind..."
- That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, I'm losing my religion...
- Call me when you try to wake her up... call me when you try to wake her up... call me when you try to wake her up...
- "What's the frequency, Kenneth? Is your Benzedrine, uh-huh?"
- That's sugarcane that tasted good, that's cinnamon, that's Hollywood...
- Similar to TMBG's Fingertips songs, the songs on The Residents' Commercial Album are pretty catchy, even though they're all one minute long.
- Busta Rhymes: Three words: Pass the Courvoisier. "Don't this shit make a n***a wanna (JUMP JUMP!!!!)" The Gorgeous Period Dress and sweet hats in the music video are just gravy at this point.
- "Dragula" by Rob Zombie. You've probably memorized this song if you were a boy born in the late 80's/early 90's and fondly remember any of the following:
Anime Music Videos
Any soundtrack/compilation CD remotely related to horror movies, action movies, sports video games, racing video games, and/or professional wrestling
- "Umbrella". "Under my umbrella, ella, ella..."
- As if it wasn't bad enough, how about when you live with young girls who only sing the same four lines from the chorus, a dozen times in a row?
- I see your ella, ella, ella, eh, and raise you a BUM BUM BEE DUM BUM BUM BEE DUM BUM.
- And I see your Bum bum bee dum bum bum bee dum bum, and raise you a Song Pon De Replay.
- And before all that, there was S. O. S. Please. Some. One. Help. Me.
- It's not healthy, for me to hear this song, one more time...
- For goodness' sake, guys, stop it. Just shut up and drive, drive, drive, drive...
- You can't go wrong with a Tainted Love sample.
- What you CAN go wrong with is the hordes of children who thought SOS came first. *Facepalm*
- "Your mind is in Disturbia!"
- "Please don't stop the music!"
- Rihanna has the infectious hooks down to a science. Listen to a song by Rihanna, and that song will be with you for a while.
- Add "Rude Boy" onto the list.
- Te amo, te amo...
- And with here newest album Loud, she gives us Only Girl and What's My Name.
- Take a breath, take it deep...
- The entirety of S&M. NANANA COME ON COME ON COME ON NANANANA COME ON.
- We found love in a hopeless place.....We found love in a hopeless place....
- He want that cake cake cake cake cake cake...................
- "Dejalo" from Rilo Kiley's fourth album Under the Blacklight has a noted tendency to get into one's head, despite near-universal agreement that it is by far the worst song on the album.
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band: "Disco calypso, it don't matter ... do the jerk until it hurts I'm telling you AIN'T NOTHING WROOOOONG WITH THAT!"
- Stan Rogers: "God damn them all! I was told we'd cruise the seas for American gold..."
- "Rise again, RIIIISE AGAAAAIIIN..."
- Rogue Traders: "Voodoo Child". HERE COME THE DRUMS, HERE COME THE DRUMS, BABY BABY BABAYYYYY...
- The Rolling Stones:
- They have at least three: "Satisfaction" ("I can't get no! I can't get no! No, no, no"), "Start Me Up" and "She's So Cold".
- "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!"
- "...and I want to paint it black..."
- "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste..."
- "Well, his coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days..."
- "I'll never be your beast of burden..."
- "Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas!"
- "Shadooby! Shattered! Shattered!!"
- "You can't always get what you want.."
- "War, children-It's just a shot away! It's just a shot away!"
- "Brown sugar-how come you dance so good now..."
- "Can't you hear me knocking on your window..."
- "Wild horses couldn't drag my away..."
- "I know it's only rock n' roll, but I like it, yes I do!"
- Jenny Rom: So lovely lovely lovely and YOU'RE. MY. MAN. HEY YOU! NOT YOU! YOU WANNA BE MY LOVER? OH BABY DON'T BE GLOWER! Or y'know...ANY song by Jenny Rom...
- Waka Laka's a game to play forever, just to be together! (JUST TO BE TOGETHER!)
- Ika Uka oka oka ay! Together jambo Kalambo locked in in my head, SING!
- Roxy Music.
- Billy Joe Royal: "Down In The Boondocks"
- The weird thing about getting a Rush song earwormed in your cranium, it's usually not the lyrics that keep repeating, but rather Alex Lifeson's guitar solos or Neal Peart's entire drumline. Heck, right now, I'm tapping out the bass line to Presto.
- Kevin Rudolf:
- From Poland: Piotr Rubik, "Niech mowia ze to nie jest milosc". My ex was obsessed with this song to the point of playing it pretty much on a loop during a 5-hour car journey. It's still lodged in my head over a year later, but it is a good song.
- There exists a Harry Potter Shipping fan-vid (to which I have, perhaps mercifully, mislaid the link) that uses this song as an accompaniment to the Hermione/Draco ship, perhaps because of the They All Said We Never Could Be Happy theme of the (Polish) lyrics. ("Let Them Say This Isn't Love", an English translation of the song's title, was the original working title of that page for a reason.) It managed to achieve the impossible by making this godawful ship somewhat bearable, then (inevitably) got stuck in my head. And now won't go away.
- Would this be the video in question?
- The Runaways: HELLO DADDY! HELLO MOM I'M YOUR CH-CH-CH-CH CHERRY BOMB!.
- Heck, basically every single Relient K song is like this, especially "Be My Escape" and "Must Have Done Something Right"!
- Todd Rundgren: "I don't wanna work! I wanna bang on the drum all day! I don't wanna play! I just wanna bang on the drum all day!"
- The Rutles: La-Dee-Doo-Dah, La-De-Da, Let's all go to Shangri-La!
- Ruslana: HEY HEY WE KEEP DANCING
- Endless repeats + multiple modulations + strings + drum break = Tommy Roe's "Dizzy"
- Fairytale by Alexander Rybak