There is an option now on your profile page
to use "compact" folders. This works pretty well for phone users and others who like less scrolling.
open/close all folders
- NWA: "Straight Outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube from the crew called Niggaz Wit Attitude, when I'm called off, I got a sawed-off, squeeze the trigger, and bodies get hauled off..."
- Napoleon XIV:
- Namie Amuro
- From Nelly:
- "It's gettin' hot in here! (Uh-huh!)/So take off all your clothes!"
- I was thinkin' 'bout her, thinkin' 'bout me, thinkin' 'bout us, what we're gonna be? Open my eyes... IT WAS ONLY JUST A DREAM!!!
- "99 Luftballons" by Nena
- Possibly made even more infectious by putting Goldfinger's English cover of it on the soundtrack to the North American version of Gran Turismo 3.
- I fell in love with the song when I first heard it on the Rocket Power tv movie "Race Across New Zealand." Then I found the original and I'm the only one of my friends who know it. I can still sing nearly the whole thing, word for word, because it's ALWAYS STUCK in my head.
- I haven't listened to the song in at least a year, yet I can still remember all the lyrics. In German. Which I don't speak. And wouldn't know how to write properly. That's impressive. Luckily there are enough other ear worms eating my brain that it isn't terribly intrusive.
- I just can't stop listening to every single version of that song that's out there!
- I listen to the Japanese version ALL THE TIME!
- There's even a Harry Potter parody (in English).
- Network Music Ensemble gives us "Giddy Up", which The Hub has used as backing music for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic ads. Good luck getting that sum'bitch out of your head...
- Weeeek by NewS. GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD! it also doesn't help that the dance for this song is a memetic mutation
- News Boys:
- Go up to anybody who was into Christian popular music in the 90's and say, "SHINE!"
- Issabella was a belly dancer with a kleptomaniac's restraint
- Olivia Newton-John has "Let Me Be There" and "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)", an interesting variant where the bass backing vocal on the chorus manages to be a bigger ear worm than the melody.
- Jerrod Niemann, Lover, Lover. "Ohh, lover, lover lover, you don't treat me no good no more~ Ohh, lover, lover lover..." It's one of those songs that just kinda... sits there in your head and plays a specific part over and over again.
- Nightcore: DUM DADI DO - DUM DUM DI DO DI DUM - DUM DADI DO - DUM DUM DI DO DI DUM... AAAAGHHH!
- Nightwish mostly just goes for completely over-the-top Epic Rocking, but a few of their songs still manage to worm their way into your head and not let go:
- Harry Nilsson's "Coconut": You put the lime in the Coconut and drink 'em both up, you put the lime in the Coconut and drink 'em both up, put the lime in the Coconut, call the doctor, woke 'em up, said DOC-TAH! ...
- Somehow changing the lyrics to befit a Lime Coke ad does nothing to remedy the ear-wormyness.
- Load up on guns, BRING your friends. It's fun to lose, and to pretend.
- Acting stupid, is contagious! Here we are now, entertain us!
- As an old memoria, memoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia...
- HEY! WAIT! I GOT A NEW COMPLAINT!
- Grandma take me home! Grandma take me home!
- From that same album: Up, up up and down, turn turn turn around...
- You're in a laundry room!!
- Also: Kiss, kiss Molly's lips!
- Rape Me!
- I catch myself singing the chorus of Nirvana's "In Bloom" embarrassingly often. Kurt Cobain, you twisted bastard.
- Pennyroyal Tea, the catchiest song about abortion ever.
- Haru Mamburu by Russian band Nogu Svelo!. Don't know Russian? That's okay, it's not in Russian either.
- Notorious BIG:
- "Biggie Biggie Biggie, can't you see/Sometimes your words just hypnotize me..."
- I love it when you call me big pop-pa, throw your hands in the ay-er, if youse a true play-yer.
- Neutral Milk Hotel:
- "Elvira" by The Oak Ridge Boys. By the end of the song, I guarantee you'll be singing "giddy up ba oom papa oom papa mow mow" in the deepest voice you can muster.
- "And maybeeeeeeeee...you're gonna be the one that saves meeeeeeeee....and after aaaaaaaaaall...you're my wonderwaaaaaaaaaall..."
- Th 50s lounge singer version is even worse/better.
- Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landsliiiiiiide, in a champagne supernova in the skyyyyyyyy...
- And sooooooooooooooooooooo Sally can waaaaaaaait...
- I need to be myself... * guitar* I can't be no one else...
- Go let it out, go let it in...
- I'm all into the blinding light, come in, come out tonight...
- The summer sun, it blows my mind, fallin' down on all that I ever know...
- Frank Ocean's "Pyramids" is quite the earworm, in spite of — or perhaps because of — its length.
- All of the electroswing Odjbox has composed. Especially "Bakers Dozen".
- Of Monsters and Men's song Little Talks is one of these if you ever heard one.
- To a slightly lesser extent, "Mountain Sound" is one too.
- Jacques Offenbach's "Infernal Galop" from Orpheus in the Underworld. Never heard of it, you say? It's better known as The Cancan Song.
- The Offspring:
- "Why Don't You Get A Job" (already mentioned in the Beatles entry), "Self Esteem," "Come Out and Play" (YOU GOTTA KEEP 'EM SEPARATED!), "All I Want" (double for Crazy Taxi players), and "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)".
- "With a thousand lies and a good disguise, hit 'em right between the eyes, hit 'em right between the eyes..."
- It's even worse if you have the "Dance, fuckers, dance" line stuck in your head, because then you can't sing it aloud without getting funny looks.
- This is one of the few songs where the radio edit actually works. Sing it right and it remains nicely rhythmic and doesn't sound like anything's missing.
- What about their song "One Fine Day"? That's one another that'll grow on you over time.
- I BELIEVE IT'S MY GOD-GIVEN RIGHT! TO DESTROY EVERYTHING IN MY SIGHT!
- I WANT YOU ALL TATTOOED, I WANT YOU BAD, BAD, BAD! COMPLICATED, X-RATED...
- I'M NOT THE ONE WHO ACTED LIKE A HOE, WHY MUST I BE THE ONE WHO HAS TO KNOW?
- HEY, MAN, YOU DISRESPECTING ME? TAKE HIM OUT (YOU GOTTA KEEP EM SEPARATED)
- YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH, IT'S ALL I WANT!
- AND IT FEELS, AND IT FEELS LIKE HEAVEN IS SO FAR AWAY...
- I WILL SHUT MY EYES, IT HAMMERS IN MY HEAD
- IF WE DON'T MAKE IT ALIVE, IT'S A HELL OF A GOOD DAY TO DIE...
- SHIT IS FUCKED UP!
- I CAN'T GET MY HEAD AROUND YOU!
- I'VE GOT A BAD HABIT!
- CHANCES THROOOOOWN! NOTHING'S FREEEEEEEEEEE!
- ME AND MY OLD LADY, SUCK EACH OTHER DRY, DRY! (Heck, almost all of their songs are ear worms!)
- Can you stay strong? Can you go on? Kristy are you doing OK?
- Welcome to Americana. Please make your selection followed by the pound sign now.
- OH MAN, SHE'S GOT ISSUES AND I'M GONNA PAY!
- Ohio Express: Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy and I feel like a-lovin' you!
- Ohio Players
- "Love Rollercoaster".
- Oingo Boingo
- Little Girls. "I love little girls, they make me feel so... good!"
- It's even more disturbing to hear Patrick Stewart singing that song. Thank you very much, American Dad!.
- "I was struck by lightning..." * sax* "walking down the street..."
- "Weird Science".
- "Only a Lad", thanks to Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s.
- OK Go - "Here It Goes Again" * That song with the music video of the band members dancing on treadmills. "Here it goes here it goes here it goes again, oh hear it goes again, I shoulda known shoulda known shoulda known again, oh here it goes again!" You can see the video here.
- Step 1. Listen to a One Direction song. Step 2. Try to get it out your head.
- YOU DON'T KNOW-O-OH! YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!
- GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! AND FALL INTO MY ARMS INSTEAD! I DON'T! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT I NEED THAT ONE THING!
- More like "ONE DIR! ECTION! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! AND TAKE ALL YOUR FANS WITH YOU INSTEAD!"
- You forgot the most obvious earworm of them all: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!note
- In fact, Up All Night is basically a huge, incessant earworm.
- TONIGHT LET'S GET SOME! AND LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
- I'm in love with you....And all these little things...
- ...AND LET ME KISS YOU! NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA!!
- One way...or another...I'm gonna getcha...I'm gonna GETCHA GETCHA GETCHA GETCHA!
- AND WE DANCED ALL NIGHT TO THE BEST SONG EVER!
- The Story of my life, I take her home....
- "Just give me a reason to keep my heart beating, don't worry it's safe right here in my arms..."
- "Mrs. Jackson" will plague you with its chorus, the catchiest part of the song and coincidentally the only part that sticks in your head. Although sometimes instead it may just be a loop of "Forever... Forever ever? Forever ever?" lodged in your brain, well, forever.
- "Hey Ya!" is even worse.
- Shake it like a corduroy ninja! (I witnessed the birth of that mondegreen.)
- "Ain't no thang like a chicken wang"
- "Ah ha/hush that fuss/everybody move to the back of the bus..."
- POWER MUSIC, ELECTRIC REVIVAL...
- "I Like the Way You Move"
- "The Whole World"
- Operation Ivy:
- "All I know is that I don't know, all I know is that I don't know NOTHING!"
- "More, than just another crowd!"
- Owl City:
- Ozzy Osbourne:
- Emily Osment:
- Damn you, Germans! With your Octoberfest you lull us in a false sense of security... JUST TO STRIKE WITH MUSIC THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET! ...Anton, Anton, Anton, Anton, Anton!
- Mike Oldfield, anyone? Come on, I know you're all hearing the opening riff from Tubular Bells now.
- Anything recorded by Odyssey Music is major Ear Worm Material.
- Rita Ora's "How We Do (Party and Bulls**t)". Doesn't help this song is in heavy rotation on my iPod Touch and I've played it fourteen times.