make it even worse. Of course, the entire point of advertising jingles
to be an ear worm so that you don't forget the name of the brand.
- In Central Wisconsin, we have Community First Bank's radio ads. That tinkly music...damnit.
- It's a GJ, it's a GJ, gotta be a GJ Gardner home! (Gotta be a GJ Gardner home...)
- And "MALL FURNITURE, WHERE VALUE IS YOURS!!!"
- Yop: "When I wake up in the morning I'm still asleep I really don't want no toast / I want no water no tea or no cereal / Give me a yogurt drink I'm wanting first"
- When you're short on your cash, need a loan in a flash, go to dollarsdirect.ca! Most heinous earworm I've encountered yet.
- The PNC Bank jingle doesn't have any words, but it's still hard to get out of your head.
- I am Stuck on Band-Aid Brand cuz BAND-AID'S STUCK ON ME!! I am Stuck on Band-Aid Brand! 'Cause germs won't stick on me!
- "Call Roto-Rooter, that's the name / And away go troubles down the drain!"
- Parodied in Futurama: "Call Robo-Rooter when you flush your towel / And we can also help with an impacted bowel."
- Also - "Nobody doesn't like molten boron!"
- Parodied in The Simpsons: "Call Mr. Plow, that's my name / That name again is Mr. Plow."
- Parodied in Family Guy: "At Wilkins Hyundai and Subaru / We have Hyundais and Subarus."
- "You don't have to be a man to love Manwich..."
- "I want some fun piled on a bun. I want a Manwich, please."
- "Grab Your Garmin": Evil Mapasaurus prepare to meet your DOOM! Our hero has the power, GLOVEBOX is your TOMB! Grab your GARMIN, take on the WOOOORLD!!!! Video here
- The various take-offs of "The Carol of The Bells" Garmin uses around Christmas, as well:
- F to the R to the E to the E, to the C, to the R, to the E-D-I-T, RE to the PORT to the dot to the com, come on, everybody, grab your bike and sing along...
They say a man should always dress for the job he wants
So why'm I dressed up like a pirate In this restaurant?
It's all because some hacker stole my identity
Now I'm in here every evening, serving chowder and iced tea
SING IT WITH ME, PEOPLE- Should have gone to FREE CREDIT REPORT DOT COM
I could have seen this coming at me, like an atom bomb
They monitor your credit and send you e-mail alerts
So you don't end up selling fish to tourists in T-shirts!
- Hell, all NINE Free Credit Report.com commercials . . . and get this, this Ear Worm was so intense, the campaign came back for more.
- "Hot dogs... Armour Hot Dogs... the dogs kids love to bite!"
- The Regina Steemer Carpet Cleaner was a great product, but its jingle is a hellish Ear Worm.
- Sinkable? Unthinkable!
- Ragu "Chicken Tonight" sauces: "I feel like Chicken Tonight, like Chicken Tonight..."
- "Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener..."
- THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT! THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT! I CAN HEAR THE SOUND OF FROSTIES HITTIN' ME PLATE! Yes, it's annoying as hell, and yet...
- POP TARTS CRUNCH! I LOVE TO MUNCH! ...on them.
- Chances are, if it's featured in a Guinness advert, it will stick in your head. Canny buggers, those alcohol advertising executives.
- Run catchy ads on television? BRILLIANT!
- Tarako tarako, tappuri tarako, tarako tarako tappuri... That it's a commercial for pasta sauce made with cod eggs doesn't help, either.
- Remember that song from the Pepsi commercials? With the little girl? oh god, ba ba buh buh ba, ba buh ba ba buh! Or Britney Spears and Bob Dole?
- Yes. God, yes. Also, I see your Britney and raise you one (set of) Spice Girls.
- Do you remember "I'd Like To Teach the World to Sing", a commercial jingle that was released as a single by popular demand? Oh right, that was for Coca-Cola.
- "Put the lime in the coke you nut..."
- (That's actually "coconut", but let's never let the lyrics get in the way of a 'good' ad.)
- "Cuz there's one thing I have found, and it's never let me down-when you stock up on joy, there's enough to go 'round..."
- And how about the Discovery Channel's 2008 ad campaign? Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da!
- "When it says Libby's, Libby's Libby's / On the label, label, label..."
- "You will like it, like it, like it..."
- "On your table, table, table!"
- "Gimme a break, gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat Bar!"
- Whenever he performs in the Philly area, Paul Sabourin of Da Vinci's Notebook and its offshoot Paul & Storm leads a singalong of the jingle for Ideal. There's always a lot of audience participation.
- DC Area only:
"At Eastern Motors
Your job's your credit..."
- Ford, Hyundai, Chevy beamers, and minivans. Over 600 cars, trucks, SUV's, are you listening, man? Let Eastern Motors. . . put you in a car today. Let Eastern Motors. . . finance it all the way.
- The Clapper.
"Clap on! <clap, clap>
Clap off!" <clap, clap>
- The Subway "Five Dollar Footlong" ads.
- Flea Market, Montgomery! It's just like, it's just like, it's just like, A MINI-MAWHL!
- "Byyyy MENNEN!"
- " What are you gonna pick? HOT POCKETS!"
- Slinky: What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs?
What rolls downstairs, alone or in pairs? Rolls over your neighbor's dog. What's great for a snack, and fits on your back? It's Log Log Log!
It's Lo-og, Lo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood
! Lo-og, Lo-og, it's better than bad, it's good! Everyone wants a Log! You're gonna love it, Log! C'mon and get your Log!
- "We're happy little Vegemites, as bright as bright as can be..." See here (at 2:10) from the Australian show Good News Week to see just how that jingle can stick in the head of every Australian alive. The reactions from the American guests just add to the glee! "We are an army forged by Vegemite!" (The audience did sing the whole thing - for some reason, the broadcast cut a line out.)
- That horrible "zoom zoom zoom" ditty from the Mazda commercials.
"Za zoom zoom zoom
Za zoom zoom zoom..."
- Super Timor!
- Bunnings Warehouse! Lowest prices are just the beginning. Na na na!
- McDonald's changes its Ear Worm jingle every few years to something else, each one more inane and infuriating than the last.
- Ba da ba ba, I'm lovin' it!"
"Have you had your break today?"
- "You deserve a break today at McDonald's!"
- "At McDonaaaaaalds, we do it all for you-ou-ou!"
- "You, you're the one ... you'd better watch your fri-ies ... or they might disappear ... before your very eyes! / You should keep your eyes on your fries..."
- "Big Mac, Filet O' Fish / Quarter Pounder, French fries / Icy Cokes, thick shakes / Sundaes and apple pies!"
- "Give me back that Filet-O-Fish! Give me that fish!"
- Now there's "We are seeking this delicious...Filet! o-Fish! it's so rediculicious! Filet! o-Fish!..,"
- And as much as we want to, we cannot forget their butchering of "Do You Believe In Magic?". Far too many kids in The '90s heard that version before the original...
- "Big Mac McDLT a Quarter Pounder with some cheese..."
- At least one troper has one of the newer Happy Meal jingles stuck in their head.
Bebe Bao made a list
Of every birthday wish
There was a pony, a seahorse, a gnu
A doll, paddleball and a hot-air balloon
But when she started to see
Her friends and her family
She said, whoa-oh-oh-oh,
How happy can one girl be?
How happy can one girl be?
- For Christmas 2010 we have the Falalala song.
- We're busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do...
- From Japan in the early 80's: "Sekai no kotoba, McDonald!" (starting at 6:55)
- "McDonald's! In McDonaldland! Oh, McDonald's..."
- "It's a good time, for the great taste, of McDonald's!"
- "Good times, great taste(s)note , that's why this is our place! The good time great taste, of McDonald's!
- It's a good time...for the great taste! Dinner, at McDonald's...it's Mac Tonight (Come on make it Mac Tonight)!note
- "Breakfast with Big G means dinner at Mickey D's!"note
- Food, folks, and fun! Food, folks, and fun! You know the one, McDonald's for food, folks, and fun!"
- Meow Mix cat food: "Meow-meow-meow-meow, meow-meow-meow-meow, meow-meow-meow-meow-meow-meow-meow-meow!"
- "The best part of wa-king up, is Folgers IN your cup!" The Rockapella version is so catchy...
- "Bringin' Home the Oil", a late-'60s/early '70s Gulf Oil jingle done in the style of an Irish sea shanty, written and performed by the Clancy Brothers.
- The Sleepy's commercials...
- Remember when D.J. Jazzy Jeff was the star? Aw hell naw!
- Sleepy's...for the rest of your life!
- What do we do when Christmas is coming? GOTTA CALL SANTA, GOTTA CALL SANTA!
- Who wants Trident? I do, I do!
- Mini-Mini-Mini-Miiiini Wheats!
- Oh GOD, the Mentos commercial anyone?
- "Saaaaved byyy zeeeeeee-ro." Catchy tune - now, what's it for again?
- It's a song by The Fixx. But some company thought using just the "saved by zero" parts (no other lyrics) would be excellent to sell 0% financing.
- Good luck prying the shrill voice of the girl from the Microsoft Songsmith commercial out of your mind.
- I'm singing along with my laptop, making up new songs!
- OH DEAR CHRIST IT HURTS SO MUCH
- And just to go a little retro...
- "Wanna Fanta, doncha wanna, wanna Fanta?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHMAKEITSTOPMAKEITSTOP
- This old The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past advert. It leaves a firm loop of 'Deru deru deru' in your mind AND NEVER GOES AWAY. ARRRRG.
- They're a girl?!
- By the way, if I was Michael Jackson, I'd sue Nintendo for this.
- "After these messages we'll be riiiight back!"
- WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD< YOU CAN SLEEP WHEN YOU ARE DEAD!
- Charms Blow Pop take one, action.The fact that a director can be easily heard giving the actors their cuesnote just makes it stick in the head more.
- One day, one night, Saturday's alright. Online's just fine. Nighttime, anytime. Get your degree. Set yourself free. Nationalllll Americannnn Universityeee!
- Anyone from the St Louis area knows this infuriating ad: "Call T-I-C-K-E-T-1 to get your traffic tickets done, T-I-C-K-E-T-1, Ticket-1, Ticket-1." What's worse is that it's a 15 second ad that airs twice in a single break. It's so addictive that even a year after I had moved away, when I got pulled over, that was the first thing in my mind.
- Frisbie Tire! There's a lot we do! What can we do for you?
- When you eat your smarties, do you eat the red ones last?
- Much embarrasment accompanies this admission - but those damned Taco Bell commercials of late, about things for "Seventy-nine, Eighty-nine, Ninety-nine-ine-ine-ine!" MAKE IT STOP. Dear God, make it STOP!
- Carlton Beer: It's a big ad! My God it's big! Can't believe how big it is!
- 118 247. It may be directory heaven but it's Ear Worm hell.
- "If you need a cab, the serivce is fab, you fancy a curry, it's there in a hurry, yeah, yeah...."
- "118 24 7 send them a text, it's directory heaven, want a kitchen extension, a pizza or pension, a plumber or sparks, or a place to see sharks"
- Unsurprising, as it's basically Magical Trevor. And now I have both versions of the lyrics trying to fight each other. Argh.
- For Ventura County, CA: "Everybody knows 101 to Rose! Oxnard Auto Center! AT THE BIG SIGN!"
- BEEP-BEEP DOT COM! BEEP-BEEP DOT COM! BEEP-BEEP DOT COM! Most. Annoying. Jingle. EVER.
- Four words: For mash get Smash. Likewise only four notes, and it's awesome.
- WHEN I SAY HILLSHIRE, YOU SAY FARM. HILLSHIRE. FARM. GO MEAT.
- Yipee yi yay, mini sirloin burgers.
- Snap! Crackle! Pop! Rice Krispies!
- Frosted Flakes! They're mooooooore than good! THEY'RE GREAT!
- Here's our/jingle for goldfish/we wrote a song for goldfish/the wholesome snack that smiles back/until you bite their heads off...
- How about "I love the fishes 'cause they're so delicious..."
- We wanna be (umph-umph) Smi-iths Crisps...
- CVS Pharmacy's "Ordinary Everyday Miracle" song. Oh, God...
- "Hello Mother - hello Father. Fleas, ticks, mosquitoes - really bother! Thanks for the package, that's why I'm writing. K9 Advantix quickly stopped all the biting!" Darn that cute puppy!
- First Energy always had a catchy theme in Ohio. Sadly, they seem to have disappeared since being a major part of the 2003 blackout. Sad. Great song.
- ONE EIGHT-HUNDREEEED... MY LEMON!
- Hey there kids, come gather round, see what just skipped into town! Just Skip It, Skip It...
- And no one can forget: 800-800-8553! Where your car credit is guaranteed! BING!
- In Japan, the electronics giant Hitachi has a famous series of commercials using the catchiest song I have ever heard. Apparently, most people in Japan can sing the opening lines, "Kono ki, nan no ki, kininaru ki..."
- "Amazing siding and windows..."
- For all you southern Californians: Appliance Rescue will rescue you call 1800-APPLIANCE!
- Take Queen's "We Will Rock You", an Ear Worm in its own right, and then make it into something about Domino's Pizza serving buffalo wings. Voila.
- Abilene, Tx. Dish Networks jingle that plays every time you are on the local stations. "695-1181 Who are you with? RPM Direct." Just Google that number. the first thing in results is how annoying that jingle is!
- This Japanese commercial for "Hot Pepper". Kaela Kimura teams up with the Charlie Brown crew to sell you coupons for gourmet restaurants in Japan, made into a catalog called Hot Pepper. Hotto peppa, pi-pa-pe-pa-pi, pe-pa-pe-pa-pi-pa-pe-pa-p-ARRRRGHHHH
- Can I help you enjoy that Snickers?
- "Happy peanuts soar/ over chocolate covered mountaintops/ and waterfalls of caramel/ prancing naugaut in the meadows/ sings a song of satisfaction (other person joins in)/ To the world/
- (Audience member) "The whole world" (Singer) "That's right"
- All those engineers singing the barbershop quartet version of 'Lollypop' while making Dell inspiron laptops. Lollipop, lollipop oh la-la-la lolly gah!
- Get connected, for free! (FREE!) With EDUCATION CONNECTION!
- "Raise your hand, raise your hand if you're Sure!"
- The Coldseal Windows jingles, dear gods.
- The Segata Sanshiro Theme Song. Okay, everybody together. SEGATA SANSHIRO! SEGATA SANSHIRO! SEGATA SAATAAN-SHIRO That theme song got its own music video, and sold about 100,000 singles. If there was a CMOA page for ads, then this would be on it.
- "Genesis does! You can't do this on Nintendo! Genesis does!"note
- The music that plays when you first turn a Sega Genesis with a Sega CD attached. Both the Japanese (also used in Europe) and North American versions are equally catchy.
- The Sega Saturn startup jingle (both the Japanese and North American versions).
- While any "music" in it is minimal, the startup jingle for the Sega Dreamcast also counts.
- Home is where I want to be / the only place that feels like me...
- Let your NEW life begin, call 1-800-Get-SLIM!
- Beef. It's what's for dinner. Guaranteed three-second cringe.
- The Reeeeeeeeed Hooooouse, where black people and white people buy furniture.
- Academy Sports and Outdoors, the right stuff, the right price! ACADEMY!
- Yipes! Stripes! Fruit Stripe Gum!
- Bagel Bites: "Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time! When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime!"
- The song from the Ford Ka "Go Find It" advert. It proved to be so popular that a full version of the song was made available over iTunes!
- Russell Brand admitted in his Ponderland show that the screensaver for his brain was the Coco Pops theme tune, and that when he wasn't thinking about anything in particular, he'd hear "I'd rather have a bowl of COCO POPS!"
- Chips Ahoy:
- Dream On, when played on a Buick commercial.
- Japanese boyband SMAP would like you to know that WE! ARE! IN!! O-KI-NA-WA!! HWUUU!!!
- Look at me, busy as a bee! Where'd I get all this energy? Ohhhh, METH!
- "Eye of the Tiger" used to be only the second or third most obnoxiously catchy song ever, but Starbucks stepped up to the plate.
- The Corn Nuts song.
- For those in Pittsburgh, PA: "Century III Chevrolet, Lebanon Church Road, Pittsburgh (minutes from the mall)!" The jingle comes complete with lyrics along the bottom of the screen and a bouncing ball to follow!
- Nooooo! THOSE CHILDREN VOICES!!!
- "West Hills Nissan, top of the runway, MOOOO~OOOOON Township. Call two-six-two, ninety twenty. That's two-six-to, ninety, TWENTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
- The red car and the blue car had a race — so much so they brought it back 20 years later.
- LEMME HEAR IT FOR EDDIE RIGGS...
- The Hess Truck's back and it's better-than-ever / To the RESCUE this year / The Hess Truck's here!
- Chia Pet: ""Ch-ch-ch-chia""
- "I want my babyback babyback babyback babyback..."
- "Chili's Babyback ribs, Chili's babyback ribs, barbaque sauce." Thank you very much for reminding me of the rest of the commercial.
- Parodied and invoked in later ads for the Facebook campaign in order to get fans to make up their own "Baby Back Ribs" jingle. ("Who broke the copier, copier, copier, copier, copier, copier?" "I think it was Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer..." "CHILL OOOOOOOUT some paper got jammed! Some of my paper got jammed!" "And it needs toner!")
- "I think it's time we talked, time we talked, time we talked, time we talked, time we talked..." "Are you breaking up with me, up with me, up with me, up with me, up with me, up with me? I think we can work this out, work this out, work this out, work this out, work this out, work this out..." "BILLYYYYYYYYY, it's not you, it's me! It's not you, it's me!" "I want my CDs!"
- "Double your flavor, double your fun, that's the statement of the great mint in doublemint gum."
- Doublemint had far too many catchy jingles
Doublemint chewing gum
It's the one made for fun
That tastes so double good
Doublemint will do it
Why not try a stick and chew it?
Dou-Ble-Mint adds to your fun! (Doublemint Chewing Gum!)
- "Oh, oh, oh, ice cold milk and an Oreo cookie. They forever go together, what a classic combination. When a dark, delicious cookie meets an icy cold sensation. Like the one and only creamy, crunchy, chocolate, O-R-E-O!"
- "Do you know exactly how to eat an Oreo/Well, to do it/You unscrew it very fast/'Cause a kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo first/And save the chocolate cookie outside for last."
- A few for folks in Wichita (both of us, I guess...)
- Freshness made to order... SPANGLES! It just tastes better!
- Rusty Eck Foooooooord... you can't do better than that!
- We're better, we're provin' it, you be the judge... Mel Hambleton Ford...
- Mattress Firm, where's it's easy to get a great night's sleep.
- Starlite Drive-In gives you more, dial five two four two four two four!
- Radioshack: I've got a laptop.
- I make music with mah friends.
- HE'S GOT A LAPTOP, OOH! HE'S GOT A LAPTOP!
- I've got a laptop, baby. I make music wit' mah friends.
- I LOVE MY COMFY SWEATER. I LOVE MY COMFY SWEATER.
- "FallintotheGapFallintotheGapFallintotheGap, Fallll in-to the GAP! And it's said/sung in a really annoying half-computerized voice.
- While not a song, "STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY! HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!"
- Or as it was heard in its early years, "WIMPY WIMPY WIMPY! HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!"
- If you're from El Paso, you know how to respond if you hear "Hi folks, I'm Dick Poe!"
- Also from El Paso: "Pat Goff makes it easy to buy it your way..."
- A-1 Homes (a mostly southwest business that includes El Paso) would like to remind you that "A-1 is NUM-BER ONE!"
- "When you're looking for selection, and value is a must, it's Regis-Bernard Furniture, the name you've come to trust! Regis-Bernard!"note
- Dick Blanken is another El Paso area car dealer. According to his commercials, once you buy a car from him, "You'll be thankin' Blanken".
- Made with Brewer's Gold!
- Go Compaaaare! Go Compaaaaaare! When een doubt, check them out, Go Compaaaaaaare!
- CILIT BANG CILIT BANG CILLLLLITTTTT... BANG! BANG! BANG BANG BANG!
- This Japanese tuna commercial is as earwormy as it is bonkers. Which is to say, A LOT.
- Cellino and Barnes, industry attornies...
- For Canadians: FIVE-SIX-SEVEN, ELEVEN-ELEVEN, COME TO PIZZA PIZZA, HEY HEY HEY!
- Ahem, that's NINE-SIX-SEVEN...
- It's worse where I am. Here it's SEVEN-THREE-SEVEN.
- I love horses! The interesting thing with this jingle is that it doesn't seem to have actually been in any ads (beyond playing when you go the site for the magazine itself). Instead it's managed to spread itself around the internet as a meme on the strength of how ridiculously catchy it is.
- An advertisement on TV in England, which was for a young girls horse magazine gained additional fame by being played on several occasions on the BBC 1 Radio Show hosted by Chris Moyles.
- Dr. Pepper: An old commercial I'm SURE you've heard.
- Hate something/Change something/Hate soemthing/change something/MAKE SOMETHING BETTER
- For the old-schoolers in the Detroit area, perhaps you'd be best reminded to stay on the right track / to Nine Mile and Mack / Roy O' Brien Trucks and Cars make your money back!
- The Kronies Action Figures jingle (A Spoof, but still counts as Advertising)
- You'll wonder where the yellow went, When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.
- Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face, With mild green Fairy Liquid.
- I'm a secret lemonade drinker (R. White's, R. White's)...
- "Whatever it is I think I see / Becomes a Tootsie Roll to me!"
- "Sometimes you feel like a nut / Sometimes you don't..."
- * "We love baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet..."
- WHEN YOU CAN DRIVE A TRUCK...YA GOT A JOB MY FRIEND! "Call 1-800. 551! 8900!"
- "Green Police! Green Police!"
- "Everyone loooves Marineland!"
- We buy any car (dot com), we buy any car (dot com), we buy any car (dot com), any any any any, we buy any car. Not quite sure what company that could possibly be advertising, but it might, just might, be We Buy Any Car.
- We buy any car (dot com), any make, any model, any age, any price, from fifty quid to a hundred grand! dance
- "So kiss a little longer...stay close a little longer...hold tight a little longer...longer with Big Red..."
- Catchy enough that Verizon Wireless appropriated it for this parody spot in 2010.
- "Juicy Fruit, it's gonna move ya, the juice's song it gets right too ya"
- "Everybody in love, put your hands up..." Anyone exploring This Wiki who's been unfortunate enough to actually scroll over the banner ad has this one stuck in their head.
- "Yum yum Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna..."
- NEW CUPCAKE PEBBLES PARTY IN A BOX IT'S YUMMY LIKE A CUPCAKE MAKES YOU WANNA ROCK
- From the Philippines: Nakaligo ka na ba sa dagat ng basura... Even if you don't understand the lyrics, it will not leave you.
- Ice Cream Jones, I'm bringin' the kids my Ice Cream Cones (the crunchy part of this nutritious breakfast!)
- Given we're already had the Vegemite song, The Aussies immortal Aeroplane Jelly jingle. There was even a singalong version. I like it for dinner, I like it for tea...
- Six-six-seven! Eleven-Eleven...
- If you live in Miami, Florida, you're probably well aquainted with the jingle for Miami Seaquarium (If you aren't, then watch and be prepared).
- "Have You Driven A Ford Lately?"
"I said hey, hey hey hey... Livin' like we're renegades, renegades..." note
- "I wear no pants! I weeeeaaaar no pants!"
- And guess what the advertisement is for...PANTS!!!
- A non-musical Example. "Hi, I'm Roni DEUTCH!"
- Brusha, brusha, brusha. Here's the new Ipana with a brand new flavor. It's dandy for your teeth!
- Everyone's a Fruit & Nut Case...
- If you're old enough, Pete Ellis Dodge deserves a special place in Hell for permanently searing its address into a generation of fragile ears.
- Another Australian one: "Louie da fly, I'm Louie da fly! Straight from rubbish tip to you!"
- I LOVE eggs.
- The bloody freaking Cash Point commercials!
- "Do, do, do, do, do, do a dollop 'a Daisy."
- "See Mack Mack if you're credit is whack whack
- Ever wondered how "I like Ike became a meme? Here's the answer.
- H-o-t-w-i-r-e, hotwire dot com!
- That stupid Sultana Bran mutilation. "They grow it on the grape-vine - makes ______ _____ taste so fine."
- This Snuggie commercial.
- An Indian Safe Sex PSA is extremely catchy, campy, and hilarious all at the same time in a bollywood "way".
- "Ashley Madison, find your lovers here..." And when that got old, they switched to a Schoolhouse Rock parody...
- It's not a song, but...too much of PBS Kids = Pampers Cruisers Poem. Eternally stuck in my head. "There once was a baby named Trish..." AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- MOON SHOES! MOON SHOES! THE KID POWERED ANTI GRAVITY SHOES!
- That National Science Foundation PSA that every kid must have seen in the late 80s/early 90s: ((BROKEN))"Astronomy, biology, chemistry, zoology, SCI-ENCE AND TECH-NO-LO-GY! It's fun, you'll see!"
- Cracker Jack: from the 1950s and 60's.
- A relatively new one: "We! Are! Farmers! Bum da dum dum dum dum dum!"
- The money system was changed nearly forty years ago but still in my head is "1001, 1001, get rid of those workaday blues. 1001 cleans a big, big carpet for less than half a crown!"
- CROSSFIRE! CROSSFIRE! CROSSFIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
- PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI PUDDI
- Anyone in the Greater Boston area should know this by heart. Ernie Boch Jr. (yeah) We've got it! Ernie Boch Jr., everything you're looking for. Come on down!
- Nihon Break Kogyou~! Steel Ball: DA DA DA~!
- For those in the Washington, D.C. area: "Jerry's Ford makes it clear... LET THE COMPETITION BEWARE!"
- Liberty's in Solon! Maple Heights! (or Bedford, pre-2004) Brunswick! (or Independence, 2006-2009) Parma Heights! Vermilion! OHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYGODMYHEADISGONNAEXPLODE!
- Those of us in Oklahoma are undoubtedly familiar with the B.C. Clark Jewelers Christmas jingle. (And now it's running in your head...) "Jewelry is the gift to give, cause it's the gift that'll live and live..." (and now it's DEFINITELY running in your head.)
- ((BROKEN))We! Are! Farmers! Bum ba-dum bum bum bum bum!
- One from the UK - Jacobs' TREEEEEOOOOH!!!!! Not one, not two, but three tropes in it...
- "(Ho, ho, ho.) Green Giant"
- "Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious"
- For a while Cocoa Puffs, used this one: "The chocolaty taste you go...cuckoo for!"
- At any given point, any radio jingle will ultimately become this, such as this one from Connecticut: "(Lite! 100! Point five!) WRCH, New Britain/Hartford!"
- A national one that's no longer used: "Radio Disney, we're all ears!"
- Anyone not from the U.K. will only know this one from You Tube: "Da....Da....Da, DA!!"
- "Turn the crank, snap the plank, hit the boot down the chute, watch it roll, hit the pole, in the tub, rub-a-dub, hit the man in the pan, the trap is set! Now COOOOOOOMES the net! (Gotcha!)note CATCH a mouse with Mouse Trap!"
- A later commercial uses a similar jingle, but is set to different music, and conludes with: "Mouse Trap! I guarantee, it's the craziest trap you'll ever see!"
- And of course, crossing over from Western Animation earworms (although they appeared in their respective commercials first):
- "G.I. Joe, A Real American Hero, G.I. Joe is there..."
- "My Little Pony, My Little Pony..."
- "Transformers! More than meets the eye..."
- "Jem! Jem is excitement! Ooh, Jem! Jem is adventure!..."
- Barbie has had numerous ones over the decades; too many to list here, but here are just a few:
"Barbie, you're beautiful. You make me feel...my Barbie doll is really real!
"We girls, can do anything! Right, Barbie?"
"We're into Barbie!"
"I'm a Barbie girl..."note
"B-A-R! B-I-E! To-ge-ther! For-e-ver! You, and, me! WHOOOOOO!!!..."note
- The Heart Family, a toyline from the 1980s made by the same companynote has this:
"Fun is being a part, of the family that's all heart!"
- Huggies training pants: "I'm a big kid now."
- "Users are losers, and losers are users, so don't use drugs, DON'T USE DRUGS!"
- "What would you do for a Klondike bar?"
- "It's that chocolaty coated, ice cream loaded, big and thick, no room for a stick. WHAT WOULD YOU DO-O-O FOR A KLONDIKE BAR?"
- "Here's Cal Worthington, and his dog Spot!..."
- Go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal!
- Expedia! (dot COOOOOM!)
- Yahoo.com: YAHOOOOOOOOO!
- Let's not forget Ricola. "Riiiiiiiiiiiicoolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
- "Nick-nick-nick-nick-n-nick-nick-nick, NIC-KE-LODEOOOOOON!"
- "Hon de laud hup hivvel hup, Nick! Hon de laud hup hivvel hup, Nick Nick! Hon de rikki tikki lo Y livin' #1 NICKELODEOOOOOON!"
- "Orange you glad you got your Nickelodeon?"
- "You're watching...you're watching...you're watching Nick!"
- "Orange you glad...you're watching Nick?"
- "Coming up... on Nickelodeon!"
- "The '90s Are All That (all that), All That (all that), All That (all that)... CUT THE CRAP!"
- "Look around! We can find a world of magic! Look around! We can make the world your friend! Silver ball in the air! See it glow everywhere! Nickelo...Nickelo...Nickelo...here go, NICKELO......DEON!!"note
- Sleep Countryy CANADA!
- That accursed Heinekin song by the Avril Lavigne lookalike "Sing it out loud gonna get that honey' sing it out loud get away with me". IT WILL HAUNT YOUR DREAMS!
- If you're ever in a group of 20-something Australians, try saying "My dad picks the fruit...". They'll do the rest.
- There's more than corn in Indiana / it's the best part of Americana / and it's right within your reach / it's Indiana Beach!
- Courtesy of Boost Mobile: "Good luck, good luck! It's a big, big day! Good luck, good luck! Harold's on his way..."
- Even Japanese Scooter commercials from the past are not spared. this compilation is great! Here's a List based on the compilation's timeline:
- 0:00 to 0:30- Jingle for Honda RoadPal with Sophie Loren (1977).
- 4:30 to 4:59 (repeated again in 6:00 to 6:14)- Jingle for Honda DJ-1 (1986).
- 6:15 to 6:44- Jingle for Honda PAX (1986).
- Peri peri chicken chicken sub
- Every Australian knows this annoying jingle...GO HARVEY NORMAN! GOOOOOOO!!!!!!
- Not really a jingle, but the Wii/3DS 1 + 1/2 second ident has the BING!! noise that never gets out of your head.
- Except the early Wii ident that just has the i's bowing.
- The DS startup/ident noise (including the DSi startup) is slightly less annoying.
- Then there's also the 'vwoosh' noise that ends the Xbox 360 commercials.
- Dublin, Berkeley, San Lorenzo, Cupertino, San Jose
- "Mentos...the fresh-maker"
- The Aqua-Velva jingle.
- "On the Automile, route one in Norwich! My name is Ernie Boch Jr, COME ON DOWN!"
- ""Water Country! Water Country! Water Country! Have some fun!"
- "Juicy Fruit, the taste, the taste, the taste is gonna moooooove yaaaaa!"
- "Pizza Hut, MAKIN' IT GREAT!"
- "MORNING LESCUE! MOOOOOOOORNING LES-CUE!..."note
- "FIGHTOOOOOOOOOO!!" "IPPAAAAAAAAAATSU!!" (Lipovitan D energy drink, the shout is Older Than They Think as seen here.)
- "Na-bis-co! (ding!)"
- In-universe example in Macross Frontier that became an internet meme: "Nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan, ni hao, nyan! GOHJASU, DERISHASU, DEKARUCHAAAA!"
- It's a pillow, it's a pet... its a pillow PET!
- TEEN-AGE MU-TANT NIN-JA TUR-TLES!note (Not the same tune as the theme song.)
- SAVE BIG MONEY AT MENAAAAAARD'S...
- The bloody Dixie plate song! I despise those commercials just because the song just does. not. LEAVE.
- for the Atari 2600: doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo (Have you played Atari today?)
- And then there's the one that had millions of British people contemplating the slow agonising dismemberment and disembowelling of whoever wrote, arranged and performed it. The truly vile We Buy Any Car. To get the full unmitigated horror of it, listen to the wretched thing.
- Another annoying advert - although not to "We Buy Any Car" levels of annoyance - is Go Compare, where a stereotypical opera singer leaps out of nowhere and sings at you about the virtues of his insurance company. To their credit the makers realised how much this was hated and have turned this into an advert - one where the opera singer leaps out to sing at a terrified couple. But he is being lined up by an Assassin, who has brought a bazooka with her just to make sure. She then takes the hood off and is revealed to be squeaky-clean TV presenter....
- "A,B,C,D,E,F,G! Alpha-Bits for you and me..."
- "Show'em you're a tiger! Show'em what you can do! The taste of Tony's Frosted Flakes brings out the tiger in you!note
- Surely one of the more famous (and more embarrassing to get caught singing)- WWWWWWOOOOOOOAAAAAAAW BODYFORM!
- Haribo 'Oh so sweet, love them soft, fruity, fruity Baby! New super mix from haribo, Bags full of fun.
- It was Levis. Flat Eric.
- 'I like... old movies, like the godfather... Three. It's not considered the best one... But that's just me.' and it's sequel 'Girl on the platform smile...'
- 'She's coming home for the summer' A nauseatingly cutesy montage of a family of photogenic university students returning home to their mum while playing a song on a variety of convenient or improvised instruments (including the traditional acoustic guitar, a trunk doubling as bongos and an accordion of all things)
- Not strictly music but there's a trend in current British adverts to go for achingly earnest poems to sell their wares
- 'And we all love clover, that's one thing we've learned, oh we all love clover, it's the way that it's churned.'
- Moonpig.com- god help us.
- It got worse. Funky Pigeon Dot Com!
- Lloyds TSB's little people and the accompanying music.
- Halifax have had a long-running campaign of butchering well known songs to sell accounts with them, many fronted by Howard Brown- a random staff member who earned a measure of celebrity off the back of them,
- You want classic song butchering? You have yet to witness the horror of La-La-Loopsy doll commercials!
- I don't know who the band that do the music of all of the Nikon ads are but please stop.
- This can even happen with a spot featuring a fake competitor. During the 1980s; Alaska Airlines ran a series of commercials produced by Joe Sedelmaier (best known for the wacky Wendy's "Where's the Beef" and various Federal Express commercials of that era). This Alaska Airlines spot features a guy watching a commercial for the fictitious Sky High Airlines where the jingle goes: "Sky High Airlines! Sky High Airlines! Sky High Airlines! Climb aboard! Sky High Airlines! We've got our heads in the clouds!". The service has much less than meets the eye.
- Milk. It does a body good.
- The Dumb Ways to Die Public Service Announcement by Melbourne Metro transit system. Made into a Wario-like game for Smartphones.
- I am a male, and I seriously want to confront the person who wrote the jingle for Conair's Quick Gems commercial.
- "I've got my sparkle on, now I'm a star! You can do it too, it doesn't MATTER who you are! The cool new tool that bejewels your hair, Quick...Gems...by Conair."
- From Northern California: Sleeeeep Train- they take you to a better night's sleeeeeeep.
- "Zack! Zack! He's a LEGO maniac!"
- "Jack! Jack! He's a Lego maniac!"
- The NBC chimes note
- The Neo Geo jingle (which also has a number variations depending on the game its heard in)
- Well, I wonder, wonder, mm-ba-do-wa, ungh! What's in my Wonder Ball?
- One of those, thankfully short-lived, pre-Christmas perfume adverts used a really annoying French pop song, performed in broken English, as its tune. A band called Stereo Total performing I love you, oh no, where the lyrics are punctuated with whistling, for no readily apparent reason. What made it excruciating is that a comedy duo adopted it as the theme tune for their series (probably deliberately)to give it a second chance to work its way into peoples' ears.
- It's back. Aaaaargh. (July '13) Avoid the ''Dior Addict'' advert, in which a kooky female with a distinctly young- Brigitte Bardot look demonstrates how you too could smell like a kooky cute Bardot. note
- Tortilla Land. Heaven help you if you work in a supermarket that plays this over the loudspeakers, as you'll probably hear it dozens of times every single day.
- "...you can, smile America with Chuck, E., Cheese!"
- Showbiz Pizza Place: "Come for the pizza, stay for the fun!"
- "Chuck...E...Cheese's! Where a kid can be a kid!"
- "Show...biz... Pizza! Where a kid can be a kid!"
- The annoying "da da DAH dada dada" Chuck E. Cheese commercial, which is supposed to reflect the above "where a Kid can be a kid" part of their jingle, but the whole family sings it slightly out of tune.
- Honda Honda Honda Honda!
- The Mad Libs approach to advertising! There are two versions, with the best known version recorded by Florence Warner (best known to Jem fans as the singing voice of Kimber Benton in the episode, "The Bands Break Up")
"There's a feeling in the air that you can't get anywhere, except (in)/but [insert city / state / and/or general area here]
I've chased a thousand yesterdays, and I love the magic ways of [insert city / state / and/or general area here]
From the [insert unique feature of city / state / general area here] to the [insert second unique feature of city / state / general area here] each time you touch the sky
From [insert third unique feature...] to [insert fourth unique feature...] where all good neighbors pass you by!
Makes no difference where I go, you're the best home(town) I know / best place that I knownote
Hello [city / state / general area], hello [city / state / general area]!
Channel __ loves you!"
- Furthermore, Florence Warner recorded over a hundred different versions of the jingle, some of which even the have unique lyrics replacing the "non-customized" ones depending on the station using it.
- It was even used outside the U.S., with at least one version for Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and one for Melbourne, Australianote .
- An alternate version goes: "Say hello! Say hello! Say hello! Say he-llo! (repeated several times followed by "Makes no difference where I go...", etc)"
- "In the city or in the woods, help keep Americaaaa looking good!"
- "Kidavision on ABC!"
- "Stick to'em with Stick-ups!"
- "You're not fully clean unless your ZEST-fully clean!"
- "N-E-S-T-L-É-S! Nestlé's makes the very best!"note
- The "whistling" jingle for P.C. Richard and Son, a regional (mostly northeastern) chain of appliance and electronics stores.note
- "Wayfair you've got just what I need..." This Wayfair.com commercial sounds like something from a Disney film, complete with the trait of being stuck in your head.
- Recycle Rex, a local California recycling mascotnote , would like to remind you to "Recycle! Reduce! Reuse! And close the loop..."
- From British radio, Gold's Factory Outlet in north London: "The big red building on Golder's Green Road!" Hugely irritating but memorable.
- For anyone in Northwest Indiana/Northwest IL...Webb Ford: "The whole town's talkin' about the Webb boys, the Webb boys, the Webb boys..."
- The ad for "Shark Kill Zone, the lead-off show of Nat Geo Wild channel's answer to Shark Week, Shark Fest. "Sharks eatin' stuff...that's what this show is about..."
- 80s toys had a lot of these, really. "Pogo ball is what they call it, hoppin and boppin everywhere..."
- Water Pets, which parodied "Lollipop,Lollipop"
- Grape Escape, set to an old Italian song
- "Sky Dancers fly for me, just for me..."
- Crest toothpaste parodying "The Locomotion" with "Crest Sparklemotion"
- Another Chicago one, the Blue Bag recycle campaign, to the tune of "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag"
- The Intel Pentium tones. "Diing! Ding ding ding-dingggg!"
- "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...Almond Joy's got nuts...Mounds don't..."
- "I love what you do for me, Toyota!"
- Rattle Me Bones, a Board Game from The '80s where you must carefully remove treasure from a Pirate Skeleton, has a ridiculously catchy song in its commercial. "Spin the wheel for the treasure to take, careful my friends or he'll RATTLE AND SHAKE!"
- Chicken of the Sea tuna, anyone?
- The jingle for "Fit's" a Japanese brand of gum set to the tune of the very early anime series Ookami Shounen Ken ("Ken the Wolf Boy").
"('Vari-vari-various'!) Kamu to funyan nyan nyan nya nyan funyan! Kamu to funyan nyan nyan nya-nyan! Kamu to yawaraka Lottenote no Fit's! FIT'S!"
- Even the dance that appears in many of the commercials has become a phenomenon.
- "Wickes! Surprisingly Wickes!"note
- "Welcome to Circuit City! Where service is state-of-the-art!"
- "Gonna par-ty! (Yeah yeah!note ) Laugh, sing and play! Gonna par-ty, (Yeah yeah!) every Saturday! Gonna par-ty! (Yeah yeah!) Come be our special guest! Gonna par-ty! (Yeah yeah!) Right here on CBS! (Yeah!)"note
- "Gonna PARTY! Here on CBS! (Yeah!)"note
- An early-mid 1980's toy line from Tonka (now part of Hasbro) called Star Fairies had this. The subsequent TV special used a completely different theme.
"When you wish upon a Star Fairy..."
- A series of commercials for a toy called "Pocket Rockers" had this little gem:
- Get in Shape, Girl is a fitness toyline from the 1980s by Hasbro that has an equally catchy jingle:
"Get in shape, girl! You'll love the feeling! Get in shape, girl! It's so appealing!..."
- A few TV theme songs straddle the line between this and earworms in other categories. One Western Animation example is the theme to Roger Ramjet:
"Roger Ramjet, he's our man / Hero of our nation / For his adventures just be sure and stay tuned to this station!"
"He's here to save the nation, so stay tuned to this station / If not, we'll be unemployed! Freakzoid! Freakazoid! Freakzoid!
- Charity songs can also walk this line. Examples:
- Do They Know It's Christmas? ("Feed the world! Let them know it's Christmas time again!")
- We Are the World ("...We are the children! We are the ones who make a better place, so let's start giving!")
- Hands Across America (...Hands across this land I love!...")note
- "I can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp..."note
- "I can't get enough Super Golden Crisp! / It's got the crunch with punch! (Yeah...)"note
- People who live in suburban or rural areas of the US may recognize this jingle: "You don't have to be lonely, at Farmers Only dot com!"note
- "Why do you keep...on running, booooy?"note
- Fill the air with joyful noise, ring the bells and raise your voice. Let there be peace on Earth, let there be peace on Earth. I had to download it and am still listening to it well past Christmas. Tropes Are Not Bad though, reception for the song is almost universally positive.
- The entirety of "Crazy Calls", a cassette from the mid-1980s featuring a collection of funny answering machine messages that was advertised using (one minute) informercials. note "The Rap", and "Beethoven's Fifth" especially stand out:
"Wait, for, the beep! You gotta leave your name, you gotta leave your number! Wait, for, the beep! You gotta leave it, at the beep!"
"NOBODY'S HOOOOOOOOOOOME!! NOBODY'S HOOOOOOOOOOOME!!..."
- Sprint intentionally invokes this in one of their latest commercials. "How do we get you to remember such-and-such low prices? Narwhals."
Swimmin' in the ocean
Causin' a commotion
Cuz they are so awesome
Swimmin's in the ocean
and pretty wide"
- "Good luck trying to forget that."
- There are a few more words, but a voice-over drowns them out.
- The song was taken from a Youtube video, and some lyrics...may not be safe for network TV.
- "All I need is to be struck...by your ELECTRIC LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!" note
- "Don't treat your puppy like a dog-dog-dog! (No, no, no!) Give him Puppy Chow!"
- "Don't treat your kitten like a full grown cat! (No, no, no!) Give her Kitten Chow!"note
- "Red.....ROBIN! (YUM!)"
- "YOU'RE A KID NOW! YOU'RE A SQUID NOW! YOU'RE A KID, YOU'RE A SQUID, YOU'RE A KID, YOU'RE A SQUID..."
- —>"Yum yum, Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna
I love Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna
Yum yum, Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna
I llove a sandwich made with Bumblebee
- Volkswagen: "Fahr-verg-nü-gen! (Say the word!)" note
- Japanese convenience store chain Family Mart: "Anata to KONBINI FAMIRII MAATO!"note
- The 12-note chime that sounds whenever you open the door.note
- Supermarket chain Price Chopper has a summer campaign called "House of BBQ" that featured a jazz / blues musician named Melvin Sparks. They would both like to remind everyone that we're "not cooking tonight, we're grilling tonight!".note
- Their store brand is known today as "PICS", which has an equally catchy jingle:
"Oh, oh, this, is just a PIC"
- Galoob's Baby Face dolls from the early 1990s:
"Baby Face, she's the one, oh yeah! I make her so much fun, my Baby Face..."
- "My Buddy (My Buddy), My Buddy (My Buddy)! Wherever I go, he goes! My Buddy (My Buddy), My Buddy (My Buddy)! My Buddy and me!"
- "Kid Sister (Kid Sister), Kid Sister (Kid Sister)! Wherever I go, you're gonna go! Kid Sister (Kid Sister), Kid Sister (Kid Sister)! Kid Sister and me!"
- "'Cinnamon' 'Toast' 'Crunch!'"note
- "Straight up! Straight up! (FREEZE!) Straight up! Straight up! (FREEZE!) Straight up! Straight up! (FREEZE!) Straight up! Straight up! (Police!)"note
- Hoover, nobody does it like you.
- If you're like me, you spend all day just watching TV. But then my mom, she got smart! She got me Video Art!
- Even though I personally think my mom was very dumb. She could have just gotten me some crayons and a coloring book.
- Pokémon Trozei, move real fast now don't go slow. Pokémon Trozei, four in a row and you're good to go.
- TUM, TUM-TUM-TUM, TUMS!
- Scoop-scoop, yum-yum! Ruggles ice creams premium. Scoop-scoop, yum-yum! Ruggles gotta get me some—more!
- For taste and more it's On-Cor.
- Blockbuster Video! WOW! What a difference!note
- The Chef Boyardee Beefaroni song:
We're having beefaroni! Beef and macaroni!
Beefaroni's full of meat! Beefaroni's really neat! Beefaroni's fun to eat!
Hooray...for Chef Boy-Ar-Dee!note
- The Family Channel, together we're family!
- I'm goin'...DZ, the Discovery Zone, where I can cut loose and be on my own...note
- "Busy walkin', busy crawlin', busy snugglin', busy fussin', Bouncin' Babies, Bouncin' Babies..."
- The Bugs Bunny short ''Haredevil Hare" has an in-unverse example:
"Crumbly Crunchies are the best / Look delicious on your vest / Serve them to unwanted guests / Stuff the mattress with the rest!"
- Numerous "refreshment time" jingles (especially the ones played in drive-in movie theaters)note . This is one notable example:
"Let's all go to the lobby! Let's all go the lobby! Let's all go the lobby, to get ourselves a treat!"
- The "learn to swim" / water safety mascots Gus and Goldie:
"Well, the water is fine, so come on in!"
"We'd like to, but we cannot swim!"
"Whaddya mean you can't swim, just stop that messin', get down to the pool, and start your lesson..."
(There are other lyrics at this point, but a voiceover usually drowns them out.)
"Hey hey everybody would you look at us, we're swimming like fish like Goldie and Gus! No need to worry, no need to fuss, we're swimming like Goldie and Gus! YEAH!
- "Ah, ah! (Thingamabob, gobbledygook, what's his face?) Whatchamacallit..."
- "You're in the big leagues, when you're into Big League Chew!"
- "Come to the Honeycomb Hideout!"note
- "Honeycomb's big! Yeah, yeah, yeah! It's not small! No, no, no! Honeycomb's got a big, big bite! Big, big taste in a big, big bite!"
- The 1980s version starts the same as the abovenote , but afterwards goes "Honeycomb's got a big, big taste! Big, big crunch for a big, big bite!"note
- "The world's a special place! Cherish life, and never waste! Everyone loves a sunshiny day! We're gonna keep it that way! 'Cause clean is better than dirty, and dirty's meaner than clean!"note
- This Captain Morgan commercial has an incomprehensible yet catchy song set to the tune of Chic's "Le Freak".
- "Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!":
- Any "commercial-oni" will be an "example-oni" of a catchy "earworm-oni" that will not leave your "head-oni" for Kraft's instant "Cheese and Macaro-ni!".
- Shenmue has two in-universe examples:
- "Anata no conveni Tomato Maato!" note
- "Bobuzu Pizza!" note
- "New Strawberry Shortcake cereal (It's berry delicious!)."
- "Snai-li-ens! Supersonic Shell Fighters!"
- "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folk!"
- The Mona Pizza song from WarioWare Touched! is another in-universe example:
"This here is Mona Pizza! Makers of the world's best eats-a!..."
- "Sale of the Century / Scrabble is a Reg Grundy Production."note
- "Mr. Clean gets rid of dirt and grime and grease in just a minute. Mr. Clean will clean your whole house, and everything that's in it. Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean!".
- "We are Flintstones kids! 10 million strong and growing! We are Flintstones Kids! 10 million strong...note "
- "Syl-VANIAN! Sylvanian Families! A little world of love, that's all made of Sylvanian Families!..."note
- "Smart moms know how kids' minds grow upon Sweet Pickles..."
- "Seven! Eleven! Ii kibun!"note
- "Oh, I just bought a hybrid car, this Ionic that you see..." Not helped that it has several lyrical variations in different ads in the campaign. And said campaign runs ad nauseum.
- In the days of the home computersnote during the 1980s, some games shipped on special cassette tapes (i.e., that would be put into a tape drive) would have music that would play while the game was loadingnote . Oceannote is well remembered for its "loader music" as some people call it.
- Another example is the game Starglider developed by Argonaut Software and published by a company called Rainbird:
"Star......gli-der (from Rainbird!)!"
- Puppy Chow, for a full year, till he’s full grown.
- LOVE THAT SPEEDY CASH!
- If you live in the central Ohio area, chances are you've heard this Buckeye Gold Jingle.
- For a great low rate you can get online, call to The General and save some time!