When you play the Drinking Game of Thrones
, you win, or your liver dies. There is no middle ground:
- Whenever the name of one of the four main houses is said (Stark, Lannister, Baratheon or Targaryen) is said, you drink.
- Alternatively, assign players to a house, with each player only drinking when their house name is said.
- House Greyjoy can be added in season 2, and Tyrell for season 3.
- Although not a house, the Night's Watch can be used as well.
- Each player also chooses a religion: that of the Seven or of the Old Gods. When their religion is mentioned, they then drink.
- Starting with Season 2, the Drowned God or the Lord of Light R'hllor are additional choices.
- Whenever someone dies, drink. If they're a major character, finish your drink.
- Whenever there is nudity, drink.
- Whenever a character (chances are Robert or Tyrion and Cersei from Season 2 onwards) on screen drinks, drink.
A few extras if you feel brave:
- Whenever Hodor says "Hodor", drink.
- Whenever Joffery is a dick, drink.
- Whenever someone mentions the White Walkers, drink. Down your drink if the White Walkers or a Wight actually makes a physical appearance.note
- Whenever somebody says "Winter is coming", take a drink.
- Whenever the word whore is used, take a drink.
- Whenever Tyrion insults someone, take a drink.
- Whenever someone says "The Night Is Dark and Full of Terrors", take a drink.
- Whenever Ygritte says "You know nothing, Jon Snow," take a drink.
- Whenever Jaqen H'ghar says "a man" or "a girl", take a drink.
- Whenever someone addresses Jon as "bastard", take a drink.
- Whenever someone refers to "The King in the North", take a drink. Finish the drink if the phrase is immediately echoed by someone.
- Whenever Varys mentions he's a Eunuch, take a drink.
- Or whenever Littlefinger mentions Varys's testicles and lack thereof.
- Whenever Jorah says 'Khaleesi', take a drink.
- Whenever he gets pushed further into the friendzone take another drink.
- Whenever Roose or Ramsay Bolton troll someone, take a drink. In fact, take a drink everytime you see them or a member of House Bolton (this includes soldiers and Locke).
- Whenever Tywin does something awesome, take a drink. Take two drinks if he's a dick to Tyrion in the same scene.
- Whenever the Rains of Castamere is played or sung, take a drink.
- For hardcore players only: take a drink every time Robb Stark makes a potentially devestating or bad move to his overall character arc.
- Take a drink everytime Edmure Tully makes a whitty remark. Take two drinks if the Blackfish reprimands him immediately afterwards.
- Drink whenever something horrible or heartbreaking happens to Sansa. For extra difficulty do the same whenever the same happens to Tyrion post Season 2.
When your liver is dead it may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.