What happens when you mix the fanservice antics from the heroines from the Queen's Blade
franchise (and also Fate/stay night
and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
) with the Darker and Edgier
plots of the Gundam
franchise? While being in Super-Deformed
Enter Mobile Suit Blade!
This doujinshi, written by Pixiv
artist @mino (pronounced as "Amino") is basically a very weird recap of the first season of the Queen's Blade
anime (The Rurou no Senshi one) while depicting the heroines as Super-Deformed
Mobile Suit versions of themselves and mixing Saber
, Nanoha Takamachi and Fate Testarossa
to the fray. Each heroine is depicted as a different MS from a different series of the Gundam
You can read it in the artist's Pixiv page here
, (Registration required and some art can be NSFW, but the doujinshi itself is relatively tame compared with the original series who is based of)note
Tropes in this doujinshi include:
- Adaptational Villainy/Adaptational Badass: The whole doujin turns up many heroines and villains more heroic (or evil) than the original series they came from. The best examples are Leina and Melona: While in MS Blade she's more hot-blooded than her original role in the series, Melona, on the other hand, is more evil and creepier, to the grade she outright kills a GM girl who tried to fight against her. (instead of Leina in the original TV series). Leina kicked Melona's ass with a combination of both Dragon Tail and the Trans-Am.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Taking into account this is a crossover between Queen's Blade with a franchise infamous for this, this is expected. The odd part is the fact all the characters are supposed to be Machines, but they can bleed human blood.
- Casting Gag: Despise being a doujinshi, many characters are shaped after a role their VAs voiced previously or related with the Gundam franchise:
- Melona is depicted as the Gundam Throne Drei, since her pilot, Nena Trinity, shares the same voice actress with Melona.
- Ditto with Nyx, as she's depicted as the Infinite Justice Gundam, since her voice actress voiced both Nyx and Lacus Clyne, one of the protagonists and Athrun Zala's (the pilot) former girlfriend.
- A more complex one involving Nanoha Takamachi: She's depicted as the Wing Gundam Zero because the voice actor of her older brother Kyoya voiced Heero Yuy, who pilots that MS, not to mention its most powerful weapon, the Twin Buster Rifle, resembles Nanoha's final attack, the Starlight Breaker.
- Cross Over
- Mythology Gag: Being based in Gundam, this is almost mandatory:
- Not Enough to Bury: This is the fate of the GM Girl who was killed by Melona in the very first chapter, since she melted her into a bloody mess. Leina buried her anyways.
- One-Winged Angel: The Swamp Witch Trio has a tendence of using this when the things are going bad for them.
- Out of Focus: From the Queen's Blade franchise, only Risty, Melpha and the rest of the cast from Queen's Blade Rebellion doesn't appear here. The author planned to include Risty being depicted as a Sazabi but maybe due to the fact Risty's VA voiced Marida Cruz and none of the MS she pilots during the original novel and the anime is red (Other when the Banshee uses his NT-D mode), maybe he decided for not including her anyways.
- A very odd shout out happens in the last published episode of the doujinshi: When Claudette stops Elina when she tries to kill one of her maids, she summons the Thunder Break rather than her default Raimei Shinkan.
- Super Mode: Leina's Trans-Am and Airi's Gunkiller mode.
- This Is Unforgivable: Melona says this after being defeated by Leina in the first chapter.