Disney: The Tigger Movie
The Tigger Movie is a 2000 Disney animated feature starring characters from the Winnie-the-Pooh franchise, mostly starring Tigger and Roo.Here, Tigger feels lonely about being "the only one" and decides to search for a tigger "family" with Roo's help.This film is notable for being the first Disney film to feature songs by The Sherman Brothers since Bedknobs and Broomsticks in 1971.
This film contains examples of:
- Aren't You Forgetting Someone?: Roo until the end.
- Art Shift: The credits tell the film's story drawn in the style of E.H. Shepard's illustrations from the original Winnie the Pooh books.
- Ascended Extra: Tigger has his own movie, and Roo starts to become a major character.
- Award Bait Song: "Your Heart Will Lead You Home"
- Big Brother Worship: Roo's idolisation of Tigger is put into spotlight in the movie, and why he looks up to him so. He wants a big brother.
- Big "NO!": Tigger shouts this when his friends try to get him to come home in the snow.
- Butt Monkey: Eeyore
- Chekhov's Skill: The Whoop-De-Dooper Loop-De-Looper Alley-Ooper Bounce
- Comically Missing the Point: When Tigger says that his "family" is coming to see him, everyone gets an Oh, Crap expression except Pooh, who says he can't wait to meet them.
- Crisis Makes Perfect: Tigger shows Roo the Whoop-De-Dooper Loop-De-Looper Alley-Ooper bounce. Roo can't do it at first, nor later when he's practicing before bedtime. At the end, he has to do it to save Tigger from an avalanche.
- Death Seeker: Implied that Tigger plans this if his "family" is not coming.Rabbit: Are you crazy? It's not safe out here.Tigger: Exactakly! That's why you should all go home where it is safe. But I've got to wait here in my family tree for my real family!
- Disney Acid Sequence: "Round My Family Tree"
- Hair-Trigger Avalanche: Tigger shouting at his friends to leave him to find his family causes the avalanche in which the climax takes place.
- Heroic BSOD: Tigger has one whenever he can't find his family tree, but it hits particularly badly before the avalanche, to the point of tearfully screaming at his friends to leave him alone.
- Insane Troll Logic: When Tigger tells his friends that the letter from his "family" says they're coming tomorrow, despite it not being written in the letter.Owl: Now where did it say that exactly?Tigger: Exackatackly nowhere per se, 'cause with us tiggers, you got to read be-twixt the lines.
- Interactive Narrator
- Ironic Echo: Pooh's "Lullabee" song. It would also count as a mild shout out If you think about it, Winnie the Pooh is in a tree, singing the bees to sleep, while preparing to eat their honey...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rabbit
- Marilyn Maneuver: Happens to a Tigger-esque Marilyn expy in the aforementioned Disney Acid Sequence.
- Mood Whiplash
- Mythology Gag: Eeyore mentions Pooh has a habit of getting stuck in places.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "For my! Real! Family!"
- Shout-Out: Unusually for a Pooh film, the song "Round My Family Tree" contains many pop culture references, from The Brady Bunch to Jerry Springer to The Seven Year Itch.
- Some scenes are reminiscent of the original Pooh featurettes of the 1960s and 1970s.
- True Companions: The ultimate theme of the movie - Tigger's true family aren't the others of his kind (whether they exist or not), but the dear friends who stood by him no matter what and searched him out in a snowstorm out of concern for his safety. In the end, he realises that this is enough.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Tigger and Rabbit, as usual.