Disney / The Tigger Movie
The Tigger Movie
is a 2000 Disney animated feature starring characters from the Winnie-the-Pooh
franchise, mostly starring Tigger and Roo.
Here, Tigger feels lonely about being "the only one" and decides to search for a tigger "family" with Roo's help.
This film is notable for being the first Disney film to feature songs by The Sherman Brothers
since Bedknobs and Broomsticks
This film contains examples of:
- Aren't You Forgetting Someone?: Roo until the end.
- Art Shift: The credits tell the film's story drawn in the style of E.H. Shepard's illustrations from the original Winnie the Pooh books.
- Ascended Extra: Tigger has his own movie, and Roo starts to become a major character.
- Award Bait Song: "Your Heart Will Lead You Home"
- Adult Fear: When Roo attempts the Whoop-De-Dooper Loop-De-Looper Alley-Ooper Bounce at the 'Tigger Family Reunion', the rest of the crew generally looks concerned, but his mother Kanga is mortified.
- Big Brother Worship: Roo's idolisation of Tigger is put into spotlight in the movie, and why he looks up to him so. He wants a big brother.
- Big "NO!": Tigger shouts this when his friends try to get him to come home in the snow.
- Butt Monkey: Eeyore
- Chekhov's Skill: The Whoop-De-Dooper Loop-De-Looper Alley-Ooper Bounce
- Comically Missing the Point: When Tigger says that his "family" is coming to see him, everyone gets an Oh Crap! expression except Pooh, who says he can't wait to meet them.
- Crisis Makes Perfect: Tigger shows Roo the Whoop-De-Dooper Loop-De-Looper Alley-Ooper bounce. Roo can't do it at first, nor later when he's practicing before bedtime. At the end, he has to do it to save Tigger from an avalanche.
- Death Seeker: Implied that Tigger plans this if his "family" is not coming.
Rabbit: Are you crazy? It's not safe out here.
Tigger: Exactakly! That's why you should all go home where it is safe. But I've got to wait here in my family tree for my real family!
- Disney Acid Sequence: "Round My Family Tree"
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: You will not believe some of the stuff that flies by during the "Round My Family Tree" montage! A Marilyn Monroe parody, anyone?
- Hair-Trigger Avalanche: Tigger shouting at his friends to leave him to find his family causes the avalanche in which the climax takes place.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Tigger has one whenever he can't find his family tree, but it hits particularly badly before the avalanche, to the point of tearfully screaming at his friends to leave him alone.
- Insane Troll Logic: When Tigger tells his friends that the letter from his "family" says they're coming tomorrow, despite it not being written in the letter.
Owl: Now where did it say that exactly?
Tigger: Exackatackly nowhere per se, 'cause with us tiggers, you got to read be-twixt the lines.
- Interactive Narrator: As is the standard for Winnie the Pooh stories.
- Ironic Echo: Pooh's "Lullabee" song. It would also count as a mild shout out If you think about it, Winnie the Pooh is in a tree, singing the bees to sleep, while preparing to eat their honey...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rabbit can quickly lose his temper with the others and especially with Tigger, but he needs surprisingly little persuasion from the others to lead them in finding Tigger, in the middle of the winter blizzard he spent the film worrying about.
- Last of His Kind: Tigger's "The wonderful thing about tiggers is that I'm the only one" quote actually turns out to be true in this movie.
- Literal-Minded: Owl suggests to Tigger that he should 'look up his family tree' to find his family. Tigger goes looking for an actual tree full of Tiggers.
- Marilyn Maneuver: Happens to a Tigger-esque Marilyn expy in the aforementioned Disney Acid Sequence.