Discontinuity / Meta
What are these tangentially existing things of which you speak?
This is a Just for Fun page. TV Tropes does not lend itself to being discontinued.
- There was never a wiki tool called Troper Tales, ever.
- There is no Fetish Fuel Wiki. And there never was.
- The Sexual Harassment and Rape Tropes were never removed due to a senseless act of censorship by Moral Guardians. They weren't restored either, due to never being removed ever.
- What the hell is Fanon Discontinuity? Surely there's no such thing as people acting as if fictional events were never imagined as if it actually matters and speaking of it in a condescending tone and interrupting something off-topic just to say it doesn't exist, or it becoming so ridiculously common that the gaps in memory can only be explained by a massive series of gas-leaks.
- The Live Action TV page on Fanon Discontinuity was always the length it is now. Reports that it was originally much longer and claimed that pretty much every single part of Doctor Who never happened are clearly mistaken.
- There was never a strikethrough markup tag.
EVER. And it didn't come back for no discernible reason after a major update, as that would of course require it to have existed in the first place. But it didn't, because something like that is such obvious bait for bad jokes and natter that it was never implemented to begin with. Anyway, the return was never confirmed to be a bug, and didn't inexplicably stick around for a few years anyway only to finally vanish with another major site update. Because, again, that would require that it had ever existed to begin with.
- Nobody on the face of the Earth spends hours upon hours reading through a massive catalog of tropes used in television or other media. That would be wrong. Nor would anyone have bothered wasting such inordinate amounts of time creating such a catalog. And they certainly wouldn't do something as silly as cataloging fictional events within a series that they choose to ignore. I mean, they have a page on the idea, but it's completely hypothetical. As is the rest of the catalog, of course.
- No one on TV Tropes Wiki has ever Potholed anything that may have even been mildly confrontational to the Take That article. That would be rude and idiotic. Also wrong.
- I don't exist. These words are nothing more than a figment of your imagination, brought on by hours of sleep deprivation. These hours imagination, brought nothing on by hours words are nothing sleep hours words are nothing deprivation hours of sleep more than a figment hours imagination, brought nothing on by hours of sleep deprivation...
- I object to the first statement. If your world can be deceived, you still have to exist in it. Why? Well, to draw on Descartes, if you can be deceived about something, then that indicates that the something has to be there to begin with (even if nothing's there, nothing is that something). If you are deceived, and you think you do exist, then you can say that you are being deceived and you do exist. However, if you didn't exist, there'd be nothing to deceive, so by the mere act of thinking, you prove your own existence. All the rest I can take.
- Ah, but the non-existent troper above never claimed they were deceived into thinking they existed, they claimed you were deceived into thinking they existed. Except that they didn't actually claim anything, because they never existed. Um.
- There is no such thing as planet Earth. Hey wait a se... (Insert pop sounds)
- Nothing can be conclusively proven to be real other than yourself. And you could be wrong.
- You are all mere mental images conjured by my brain.
- "Nothing Exists saves empty space and you, and you are but a thought."
- If you see a sentence that seems to be missing a word, it's not because it used to link to "I Am Not Making This Up," a page which never existed and certainly never used to be linked to from every single even remotely unusual event. Sometimes people writing online just accidentally miss a word. I Am Not Making That Up!
- I Am Not Making This Up and So Yeah are finally, FINALLY Canon Discontinuity. And some of the Tropers Rejoiced.
- This Troper never existed. (Wait... oh dear.)
- Zero-Context Example doesn't exist either, and it certainly did not reduce the overall quality.
- There was never a fetish page called Naughty Tentacles. Nor an index of Porn Tropes.
- This page does not exist.
- There was never a Troll who messed up the Berserk Button page and put up naked pictures of anime men on it, ever.
- Similarly, no troll ever replaced entire pages with the sentence "i am ilmurov.", and naturally the content was never restored since it was never deleted in the first place.
- There was never a trope called Baby Got Back.
- They never changed it, so how could it possibly suck? Oh wait...
- There is no way viewers can simultaneously be both morons and geniuses.
- "'The world is but a Thought,' said he: 'The vast unfathomable sea is but a Notion—unto me.'"
- "And darkly fell her answer dread upon his unresisting head, like half a hundredweight of lead."
- That edit you made earlier this week? That humorous comment you added to a trope? That Dethroning Moment of Suck entry you wrote to express frustration? Yeah, all those are gone. It's like you never made them in the first place.
- You are dead to me