There are very few people in Kagerou Project who don't get bashed for one reason or another in terms of shipping. This is often exacerbated by the main characters often having unrequited love for others or platonic loves.
- Shintaro/Ene used to be one of the favorite couples when the series started, because they were some sort of Platonic Life Partners during Shintaro's isolation and because of the official art◊ putting them◊ together◊. However, ever since the reveal of Haruka Kokonoseís role in Eneís past as Takane Enomoto and after Ayano started to take a bigger role in the storyline, revealed to be the reason why Shintaro became a Hikikomori and how much she tried to be some sort of Manic Pixie Dream Girl to him, Shintaro/Ene shippers have all but dissipated and Shintaro/Ayano and Haruka/Takane became the Fan-Preferred Couple.
- By the way, Shintaro sometimes gets bashed by Konoha/Ene and Takane/Haruka shippers. They call him a boring, shallow jerkass who is completely superfluous to the plot.
- Ene is also sometimes bashed by Shintaro/Ayano shippers, calling her an annoying sidekick who does nothing but mess with Shintaro.
- That being said, you can still find support for Shintaro/Ene in some circles.
- Poor Momo Kisaragi. Some of her most rabid haters are Hibiya/Hiyori shippers, who have convinced themselves that Hibiya isnít allowed to care for two girls at the same time (even if itís in different ways) . And they do that completely forgetting that even if Hiyori cared about him, his love for her was one-sided and she had a crush on Konoha, but fans prefer to ignore that fact, despite being Hiyoriís canon love interest.