Darth Wiki: Waverton
Waverton is a short story about Tyler and Jennifer Wells, a couple in The Fifties that are moving to a small cul-de-sac neighborhood called Waverton. Everyone seems very nice and the couple who owns the neighborhood, Jon and Karen Rheam, are the friendliest. Jon helps them move their furniture in and Karen invites them over to have some of her special homemade recipes.But soon, the Wells start to notice things. Whenever Jon is around, the Wells' dog, Spiffy, begins to bark loudly, almost out of fear. Shortly afterward, he goes missing. Then, Tyler sees a salesman knock on Jon's door. Jon invites him inside, but the salesman never comes back out. They know that Waverton holds a very dark secret. But what might that secret be? Everyone in Waverton is a cannibal.
This story contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Jon.
- Alone with the Psycho: The scene where Tyler investigates Jon's basement.
- Big Bad: Jon.
- Bittersweet Ending
- Body Horror
- Complete Monster: Jon.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: Jon has the "please blink, please blink" type.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Jennifer getting hit by a car after being tripped by Karen: Bad. Karen being inadvertently run over by Tyler in the climax: Awesome.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome
- Distressed Damsel: Jennifer.
- Infant Immortality: Averted, there are bodies of half-eaten children in Jon's basement.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Every single resident of Waverton.
- Moral Event Horizon: Jon trying to kill Jennifer.
- Nightmare Fuel: Did you just read that synopsis?
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here
- Shoot the Dog
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Although it's in text form, it's still disturbing when Jon plays cheerful 1950s muzak in his cellar as he's about to murder and cannibalize Jennifer.
- Stepford Suburbia: Oh, yes.
- The Fifties
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Averted, see Infant Immortality above.