Darth Wiki: The Man Who Loved A Vampire
The Man Who Loved a Vampire
is an unpublished Yaoi Genre
story by CJ Croen 1393
Eddie Hunt has reached a rut in his life. He's been fired from his job (again), he's behind on his rent and his boyfriend dumped him. So, in order to get over it, he goes to nurse a strong drink at a local night club. There, he meets a handsome young waiter named Vladimir (Vlad, for short), who invites him to hang out sometime. Eddie figures he has nothing to lose, so he takes the offer.
The two of them hit it off pretty well, and then start dating. After about two months, however, Vlad decides to tell Eddie a secret. And what a secret it is...
After the initial shock, Eddie eventually decides to give Vlad a chance. Things work out and Vlad even invites Eddie to his house to meet his little big brother, Benjamin (Benji, for short). But Eddie learns a disturbing secret about Benji and decides that he needs to tell Vlad before it's too late.
Contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Victor Marx.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Victor.
- Big Bad: Benji. He caused the death of his own parents just so that he could be head vampire in their stead and plotted to do the same to Vlad just because his new boyfriend might be a threat.
- Big Brother Instinct: Subverted; Benji saves Vlad from Victor, but only because he knows that Vlad expects this, rather than because he cares or anything.
- Big Little Brother: Vlad looks older than Benji (who looks almost like a teenager or child). It's stated that how young a vampire looks is based on how much blood he or she drinks. This is one of the first hints that Benji is not quite what he appears at first...
- Bishōnen: Vladimir.
- Camp Gay: Vlad, to some degree. He's not exactly "Flamboyant", but he is rather feminine in appearance. His behavior, on the other hand, is as casanova-ish as any straight male would be, just with men instead.
- The Casanova: Vlad, except he was this way toward men instead of women. It changes after he hooks up with Eddie.
- Cute Little Fangs: Vlad and Benji.
- Expy: Benji is modeled after Misogi Kumagawa, minus the redeeming qualities.
- Faux Affably Evil: Benji.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Vlad.
- Frozen Fashion Sense: Played with; Vlad likes wearing Victorian vampire fashion, but he also likes to wear goth and punk stuff.
- Hypocrite: We find out that Victor collaborated with Benji to kill his parents, so that Benji can become head vampire.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Eddie.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Eddie quickly learns how good this trope feels after learning that Vlad's a vampire.
- Lesbian Vampire: Gender-flipped; Vlad's a gay male vampire.
- Man Killer in Love: Vlad for Eddie.
- Mr. Fanservice: Vlad. And, while he refuses to believe it, Eddie.
- Nice Guy: Vlad.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vlad is a Strigoi and states that there are many different kinds of vampires. He explains the following to Eddie:
- The sunlight thing is a myth; Strigois have no problem walking around in the daylight, though it can weaken them. For other vampires, it depends. The Filipino Manananggal, for example, can be killed by direct sunlight.
- Vampires are immortal, but will age if they don't drink blood. They don't have to drink blood specifically, however. They can live off of fruit and vegetable juices, too (the Filipino Alan does this, being the only vampire species that feeds exclusively on fruit juices), and it will keep them alive as long as it's the essence of a living thing. Blood, however, is the one that keeps them from aging.
- Additionally, a vampire doesn't have to kill their victims to get blood. As they are already really powerful, a few drops from a paper cut can sustain a vampire for at least a month.
- The only thing that can directly kill a vampire is Holy water. Other methods can only indirectly kill them, if at all (a stake through the heart, for example, only works if the vampire is in their coffin as it traps them there and renders them incapable of feeding).
- The reflection and photograph thing is also a myth.
- In Strigois, at least, the family always has a head vampire, who is replaced by their eldest child if they die.
- Vampires can shapeshift, but into what depends on the species. Strigois can change into any nocturnal animal they want, usually bats, owls and wolves. Lamias can transform into snakes, lizards and wolves. The Manananggal can transform into a beautiful mortal woman and its vegetarian, tree-dwelling cousin, the Alan can transform into fruit bats and tropical birds, as well as shifting into large eagle-like creatures when they're angry.
- Garlic has no effect on vampires. Vlad just thinks it's gross.
- Perky Goth: Vlad, by virtue of being a modern vampire. Benji too, although he turns out to be...different.
- Perpetual Smiler: Benji is never once seen frowning, not counting the time he faked a frown when Victor first shows up. That's right, this guy can fake frowning.
- Romantic Vampire Boy: Vlad.
- Straight Gay: Eddie.
- The Sociopath: Benji, Benji, BENJI. He has all of the signs.
- Spanner in the Works: Benji believes that Eddie might be one, which is why he decides to kill both Eddie and Vlad.
- Stepford Smiler: Benji, of the psychotic variety.
- Tragic Villain/Tragic Bigot: Victor became a vampire hunter after his mother was killed and devoured by a Lamia on a trip to Greece.
- Urban Fantasy: Even the Vampire Hunter is modernized!
- Vampire Hunter: Victor Marx.
- Vampires Are Rich: Vlad and Benji live in a Big Fancy House, though it doesn't look like a Haunted House.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: Vlad certainly sees himself as one.
- Vampires Own Night Clubs: Not really own, but Vlad works at one.