Canadian Army Captain Gordon Smith, a hapless officer placed in charge of the motley crew of of the Allied Special Battlion, a slapdash cast of mercenaries from various corporations and soldiers from various militaries, ranging from lowly US Marines, freelance mercs, and freedom fighters to high-tech corporate troopers, well-equipped mercenaries, special forces, and strange black ops, attempts to avoid getting killed. And frankly, he's not sure of who'll be the first to do kill him - the
under his commands, or the Axis.
From the sands of Omaha Beach to the frozen wastes of Russia, the Battalion is there to... do shit. And kill Nazis.
. Toss in some half-assed deconstruction and reconstruction of the gamut of
clogging the market, and there you have it.
Lead by Captain Gordon Smith
of the Canadian Army. Glorified test rats for new weapons and armor, shoved in with misfits that didn't belong in other units or branches for whatever reason, such as small-company mercs, defectors from the Axis wanting to get into a combat role, poorly defined "special forces" personnel, and so on and so forth.Gordon Smith
A Canadian Army Captain Kicked Upstairs
to lead CBR, and by extension, the Allied Special Battalion.
- Canada, Eh?
- Kicked Upstairs - By accident. The Canadian Government fully believes that the Central Reserve Battalion is a propaganda tool to demonstrate Allied tactics and tech superiority. They're vaguely right.
- Only Sane Man - One of the few with a relatively normal background (middle-class upbringing, father and grandfather and so on served in the military, et cetera), and one of the even fewer who wears standard-issue armor and uses standard issue weapons.
leader of Central Reserve Battalion. Technically second in command to Captain Smith, but is given just as much - if not more - respect. Also of the Canadian Army.
- Badass Grandpa - He's in his fifties and still swings around a loaded battle rifle like a toy.
- Beard Of Awesome - Played With. Most people think his beard is cool, but the more regulation-minded keep nagging him to shave it off.
- Glass Cannon - Doesn't wear the higher-rated armor of the rest of the battalion.
- Only Sane Man - Same as Gordon. The only thing unusual is his beard, hand-to-hand combat skills, and the fact he's fifty.
A soldier from Iceland, known for having a really, really, really
huge knowledge base of anything pointy and stabby and Medieval. A European Union Kommando.
- Knife Nut - Actually subverted. He wields a damascus sword and crafts his own blades, but he never uses it in place of his assault rifle unless the very rare situation calls for it.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me - Improbable Weapon User, too. His suit is made to wield a small ballistic shield in conjunction with an assault rifle (in his case an F2000, and he can wield both at once. (Justified, since the suit has advanced targeting systems and he's very good at handling recoil - never mind the fact his F2000's got a custom compensator).
Signed up with a Japanese PMC after the Imperial Japanese Army reported her boyfriend, who had been in the same PMC, missing in action. Shortly after, her PMC "defected" - taking up a hefty paycheck from the United States
after the IJA tried to screw them out of some cash via new laws. Continues to investigate what little evidence is there for her boyfriend's survival. Jamie Yaneza
A member of said Japanese PMC. Serves as the sniper. Unfailingly polite and a former police sniper.Siriel
French-Canadian and Japanese. Wields a high-frequency Katana.Falcon
Hailing from a Chinese unit that that only accepts refugees from Japan-occupied countries. He's Singaporean.Eagle
A Chinese Tank Driver of a Russian T-90. Doesn't talk much, for some reason.HellionFroggy
Used to live in Hawaii until Pearl Harbor, wherein he promptly signed up for the US Marines.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: Uses a hardglass shield and a cut-down autoshotgun to draw away fire. It's not as good as Deskad's, but he's far more mobile.
- Soul Brother - Parodied, he plays it up just to amuse himself and the others around him.
A Russian mountain of steel, wielding a gigantic metal shield and a minigun. Had been fighting the Chechens and Stalinists until Germany decided to kill all of them to save himself the trouble.
T 51 RGertrude Elie-Ziegenhagen
- Husky Ruskie - Even out of his suit of armor, he's big.
- Luckily Myshield Will Protect Me: The metal shield he uses is bigger than himself. Several people wonder if it's even necessary, since his armor looks far thicker than the shield.
A German defector from the Waffen-SS. Carries an old, heavily modified Vickers machine gun... with one hand.
- Covert Pervert
- Stay in the Kitchen - One of the reasons she defected. She was brandied about as proof of "Germany's great equality" among the Aryan race... and was relegated to office and logistics duties.
- Those Wacky Nazis - Several times, a bunch of people note how she acts like a typical Nazi sadist.
second in command. Had served in the first World War and was preparing to leave and set up his own mercenary company with people who have served under him, if not for the fact World War II
just broke out. Wears a sweet beret.Leper
Yet another defector. After a falling out with the Irish government when his funded antics against the British failed, he decided to steal a few Nazi documents and escape to Britain. A good friend of Fish. Extremely pragmatic and old-fashioned, using old-but-reliable weaponry and improvised body armor.Postman
Long story of how he got his name...GladiatorTami
Another Japanese defector. Uses a jetpack and "wings" to fly.Will HatchHiromiNick HastaKingYeomanSilver KnightOmegaSharkYun LaoHooligan
Wise-cracking, occasionally odd, scarred... thing who fancies himself a ninja.TangentChris LangMaster
Venezuelan soldier.HolacikCaptain England
If this was a normal unit, he'd be Section Eighted immediately. But since Rumbles is far from normal...Daz
An Army grunt who had served with Fish for a long time, and the only reason why he hasn't been placed on shit patrol for the rest of his service. Has a Hair-Trigger Temper
easily set off - especially by US Marines, who he hates with a passion. Except for a grand total of one: Redrum.Redrum
Eager Marine recruit. Which usually means he's a Blood Knight
. Doesn't help things when he's packing armor plates and two massive pistols. Clef
Commander of an apparently American detachment assigned to Rumbles, designed for capturing - or, if not possible, destroying and retrieving the leftovers - Axis tech. Smiles a lot, occasionally tells scary, bizarre stories, a great negotiator, fond of Batman Gambits
and Indy Ploys
, and a master at playing the ukulele. Gears
Under command of Clef's group. Apparently emotionless. Eloquent... sometimes.