Darth Wiki: The Dimbulb Brothers
Three brothers - Dave
, and Jimmy
Dimbulb - are suddenly forced to live on their own when their mother dies in a car accident and, several months later, their father dies of an illness. Despite these heartbreaking events, the brothers are relatively unfazed and adjust their lives rather quickly. The series follows their daily lives as they get into silly (but grounded in reality; no fantastic elements here) mischief that causes more trouble than usual, as unlike most cartoons, this show has no Reset Button
Tropes that will be found in this series:
- The Ace: Jimmy is improbably skilled at nearly every feat he attempts. And he's only seven!
- Angst? What Angst?: Both of the Dimbulb parents are dead. The brothers cry at their funeral, and then completely get over it.
- Big Brother Instinct: Hugh is completely apathetic to the problems of most of those around him, even his closest friends. But lay a finger on Jimmy...
- Book Dumb: Dave seems to have very little understanding of the world around him, but he's a surprisingly excellent guardian to Hugh and Jimmy.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Jimmy's favorite pastimes include standing still in the dead center of an area, staring at walls, reciting nonsensical poems, and crafting weird stories in his head about "The Monkeys and the Magnets".
- Deadpan Snarker: Hugh. And everything is Snark Bait to him, so expect to see him snark a lot.
- Nice Hat: Hugh usually wears a red winter cap.
- Reset Button: Averted- anything the brothers do will have long-reaching consequences throughout the series.
- Those Two Guys: Wally and Gripsom, two con artists who bump into the Dimbulbs rather often. Planned to have their own spin-off series.