Describe That Troper
Oh, you know him. Don't lie, you've always known him. He's been around long before you were ever here. He uses Red Links
to trope titles that he just made up on the spot. He Kicks Dogs
, doesn't [[Pothole pot hole]] correctly, Pimps
his own articles and Complains About Shows You Like
. He never Takes It To The Forums
, he ALWAYS YKTTW Bashes
, he Links To Articles Within The Articles
, uses Spoiler Tags when he really doesn't need to. and needlessly over emphasizes things FULL STOP
, he shoves in inane details about himself, he repeats examples. He lurks the wiki, seeking to make your very life miserable.
Nobody knows his real name
, he can't be narrowed down to a single person, it's likely that he himself doesn't know of his crimes
against wikis. Some say he's nobody, some say he's everybody, but we can all agree, he's That Troper
. He also overuses spoiler tags and Repeats Examples
See How Not To Write An Example
for more information.
Nothing like The Other Troper
I heard that
- He adds examples at the Top of the list.
- he hangs out at Darth Wiki, always complaining about something or other.
- he posts a lot of Red Links, that cannot be good for the server.
- he constantly uses Take Thats on the pages of Shows He Hates.
- he revives all articles in the Red Colored Club he loves until all grammatical variations of their trope-name have been used. No matter how many sockpuppets that takes
- he links to the Take That page when making (perceived) snarky comments.
- he's always there to delete your edits two minutes after you make them.
- he mentions fanfiction that sounds absolutely awesome, but doesn't provide a title or link.
- Not to mention webcomics - there was a hilarious pisstake of that on Pennykcd once. It won awards. You should go check it out.
- He recommends his own fanfiction in the Notable Fanfiction pages no matter how few people have actually read it.
- he has been using way more Dakka than his share.
- he doesn't have a favorite Magnificent Bastard.
- he adds his new example at the top because he thinks it's better than yours
- he burnt our crops, hacked our internets, and he called me a doodiehead!
- he uses <<Incorrect Formatting>> and launches That Thing You Know Where's prematurely for tropes we already have.
- he makes plural initialism redirects out of things like NP Cs, RP Gs, V As, and RT Ss.
- he completely misses the point of the article.
- he natters on about personal anecdotes outside of Troper Tales.
- he reverts his edits, when seeing they've been removed.
- he deletes Perfectly Valid Examples from tropes because he happens to like the show they come from.
- he writes articles, then constantly goes back to them, changing around others peoples edits to better fit his image of the page.
- he is LEGION.
- he wrote this very article.
- This Troper IS That Troper.
- He never learns anything from what he watches, and thinks they're heavyhanded when they're Highly Informative.
- He puts huge sections of text under spoiler tags. Like, ridiculously huge sections of text. Like the entire example, even. Even — especially — if the entry is only partly a spoiler, or could be rephrased in such a fashion so that it would no longer be a spoiler, or that the spoiler could be adequately covered without covering a massive chunk of text with spoiler code. Even if the example is from an example that everyone knows the 'spoiler' to anyway, or an example to an entry that announces that it's going to be full of spoilers from the start. And sometimes he'll unspoil certain unnecessary words at random to really break the flow of the text. Fair enough That Troper's trying to avoid spoilers, but the way he does it usually ends up being self-defeating because people have to find out what the spoiler is anyway if they want to see how the example's at all relevant to the page.
- That Troper turned me into a newt!!
- He's in league with The Adbot.
- he made us lose The Games.
- He is the demons.
- "That Troper" is "goblin" spelt backwards.
- ThE MasTer wouLd noT apProvE of ThAt TroPeR.
- eh edits tv troeps and doesnt afraid of anything.
- he uses memes inappropriately and gratuitously, especially in trope titles.
- he's the real author of My Immortal.
- He constantly inserts his politics and opinions into the examples. Occasionally even striking the description.
- He's never seen Citizen Cain, but he knows that It Were His Sled, and he tells you this just before you pop in the DVD.
- X Trope is Older Than He Thinks, while Y Trope is Newer Than He Thinks.
- She- er, I mean, he- constantly refers to himself as This Troper outside of The Troper Tales!
- He makes edits that makes you wonder if he's ever seen the show in question.
- They write snarky examples in Troper Tales to prove how cool and edgy they are without realizing that kind of behavior in real life makes them an Ass Hole.
- He drops Atomic F-bombs all the fucking time.
- He always goes full retard.
- He taunts Happy Fun Ball on a regular basis.
- Instead of useing italics for works, he uses bold or Nothing At All.
- He over uses those lines at the bottom.
- This entry is checked out until 06:66 Pacific Standard Time by That Troper.
- The pictures he uses completely miss the point and make you cry if you stare at them!
- He gets offended when you make an error, like saying that Elizabeth I was born in 1926, and then writes long reasons why that is wrong instead of editing it.
- Sometimes, he's too lazy to even try to Pot Hole, and instead links to the trope page itself!
- He often forgets how to Pie Hole entirely, so instead he clumsily tries to include the trope name in the sentence itself, because What A Moron.
- He is pissed that This Troper gets a working Red Linked Page, and HE DOESN'T! What Gives?
- He has no idea How To Make A Cool YKTTW.
- He keeps using that word, which nobody thinks means what he thinks it means.
- And personally coined the word 'egregious'.
- He puts rude Edit Reasons and gets himself banned.
- Sometimes, that troper will even insult the other tropers for their mistakes.
- He ruined the only known Completely Blue Entry.
- He doesn't understand that sometimes some of these things can be justified, and gets rid of all of these.
- He sees that he made a Useless Link and doesn't try to go back and fix it.
- He's a man.
- He kills people with forklifts.
- He uses his own fanon theories and alternate character interpretations when adding examples to a trope.
- Comes up with ridiculously obscure alternate names taken from shows he doesn't like for tropes he deems negative, so he can call said show the Trope Namer.
- Sometimes when he's feeling particularly Genre Smart, while he's Complaining About A Show He Doesnt Like (or a fandom, or a character in the show, or what have you), he'll be sure to add Your Mileage Could Vary just so he can get away with putting his negative opinions as a bullet point to every trope example and act like a large number of people share his opinion, whether they actually do or not.
- He cannot resist adding inane bullets to spout his own opinion, full of Phrase Cruft and Blatant Passive Aggressiveness.
- He doesen't know what's notable or not, and potholes Star War links as "this movie."
- He never misses an opportunity to mention his brilliant web comic, Moose Shreds, the Zany Antics of its Loveable Cast, or its use of Deep Philosophical Symoblism, and removes is from So Bad Its Vile whenever People Who Just Don't Get It add it there.
- He modifies pages so that their grammatical syntax is lost, and does not explain why the changes are necessary.
- He makes snide comments in the 'edit reason' box that are less about explaining why he felt the change was necessary and more about smugly asserting that he's so much cleverer than the person who made the original edit.
- Because he's such a Mmmmagnnnificent Bastard with capital MB like a degree. He was schooled in awesome. You were not.
- He lies about things he's done In the Troper Tales section, and expects other people to be impressed.
- That is, when he actually uses Troper Tales and doesn't just say it on the main page.
- He writes personal opinions in the examples page and tries to get away with it by preceding it with "Most fans agree..."
- He quotes the Nostalgia Criticizer as a bullet point to every single trope example of a work reviewed by him.
- He was greatly saddened upon finding out he couldn't use the strike-through markup to strike through things instead of editing or deleting them on the main wiki anymore.
- Some are beginning to suspect that he may in fact be an Omnicidal Eldritch Abomination who is using this wiki as his tool to turn all of us into the wetware energy particles he needs to fuel his multi-versal Apocalypse Rod.
- He links to pages that read only "Click The Edit Button To Start This New Article".
- He thinks anything 'funny' is a meme and posts it in Memetic Mutation
- He complains about your favorite show by making harsh generalizations that you know to be false or greatly exaggerated.
- That Troper censors out entries he doesn't like on It Just Bugs Me Okay, YMMV, and Untamed Mass Guessing pages, and because That Troper knows better than anyone what should go on a subjective page, That Troper does so without giving a reason. Certainly That Troper is under no obligation to edit said entry for better relevance and accuracy, or to move a trope from the main article to the appropriate page.
- He inserts the obligatory semi-related Buffy That Vampire Slayer and Avatar That Last Airbender reference, because heaven knows they're not mentioned on enough pages in this wiki.
- ...right after he goes to every work on the Wild Mass Conjectures page and states that "(Character X) is a Time Lord."
- ...and he jaywalks.
- He chews gum with his mouth open.
- H3 r4nd0m1y ins3r75 num63r5 wh3r3 13773r5 5h0u1d 63
- He calls people chuweros, despite clearly not having Ch Word Privileges.
- He claims how his favourite show is so good that it Kill The Genre until his another favourite show revive it.
- He is thoroughly convinced that all fan fiction is canon. And he'll throw a fit if canon starts to contradict his favorite fan fictions.
- That Troper inserts spoiler tags in what might be otherwise oblique references only understood by familiar viewers, in order to really paste red flags over the phrases and names to look out for. After Example Pimping enough variations into the broadest range of articles, any reader will get more clues that the show would've revealed.
- That Troper has 6 fingers on his left hand.
- That Troper likes to label anyone remotely smartass a Deadpan Snacker, no matter how remote that character's description is from either half of the trope name they've just typed out.
- That troper thinks that any plan that a bad guy makes is a Zanatos Gambit.
- That Troper loves explaining every joke, thus completely Screwing Up the punchline.
- He is Why We Arent Able To Have Have Nice Things.
- He is a
pathetic wannabe radio jockey who tries to cover up his utter blandness and lack of personality Laaaaaaarge HAM!
- He only watches anime and plays Japanese games, unsubtitled, of course. He finds Japanese culture so much more appealing than his own. And he thinks everybody else should too.
- He litters pages with Too Much Japanese and thinks every page should have a Japanese title referencing something from an anime or manga he likes, no matter how obscure.
He doesn't bullet correctly.
- He insists on capitalizing every pronoun, making an example of Himself for some reason He or She or They cannot figure the hell out because there is no reason for Him to do so and It is really annoying when You are just trying to read the wiki.
- He never resists inserting the notorious meme The Candle Jack Man, and always leaves his sentences hanging like thi because he finds long dead memes hilarious.
- He can't think for himself so he always quotes Too Much Punctuation, MST40K, and Riff Roll in whatever he's talking about so people will find his edits witty.
- He needlessly shoehorns the current page he's Pimping The Entries for onto every article that could possibly have anything to do with it, almost as if he's playing the "Six Degrees Of Separation Between Anyone And Kevin Bacon" game, just with whatever he's obsessed with in place of Kevin Bacon. And of course he's under the belief that if he's obsessed with something, everybody else is too.
- He lists Everything As A Subversion because his favorite show couldn't possibly play something straight. Or possibly because Subversions Are Just Cooler.
- Sometimes that's not enough but something needs to be subverted brutally, horrifically or magnificently.
- And his favorite shows never simply avert a trope. They avert them HARD.
- Inversions are even cooler.
- He lists tropes as "partially" subverted because it was only slightly different from the trope description.
- He writes the same thing under both Movie and Western Cartoons.
- He Hyperlink Pot Holes in Understatements everywhere, even when the phrase isn't actually an understatement.
- He uses Double Quotes to italicize "words" that might not "even" need emphasis in "the" first place.
- He thinks even the least remotely sexy things in the world are High Unleaded Fetish Fuel, and will share his fantasies with everyone.
- That Troper. Just... That Troper.
- That Troper- What Do You Mean Its Not Utterly Awesome?!
- He lists YMMV as a trope in work pages, or concludes every example with "but of course, Your Mileage May Differ".
- He thinks his favorite shows are God's gift to humanity and are a cure for cancer, and deserve to be shoehorned onto every page in the wiki. He thinks your favorite shows are the worst shows ever to appear on television and you're a horrible person for liking them.
- At every opportunity imaginable, That Troper complains about everything, which he doesn't like.
- He adds Take That Redirects to articles of series or tropes he doesn't like.
- He spends all day finding trope examples for his favorite shows in order to make them look creative and Overdosed On Tropes, even when those tropes don't apply to that show at all.
- He wants Troper Tales back.
- He tries to sneak in Real Life examples in articles that explicitly say Do Not Add Real Life Examples, or tries to add them in Troper Tales (which is probably why he wants it back).
- Many articles are in the Forever A Red Link Club because of him.
- That Troper!
- He potholes the works in his examples instead of visually naming them.
- He writes about most hated fictional villains in a
laughably vitriolic and whiny Dramatically Badass tone that properly emphasizes what a horrid waste of existence this Compleeeeeete Moonnnsster is!
- He potheads to Strange Uncommon Euphemism whenever he writes a common euphemism.
- =—->He can't quote properly.
- He created That Troper.
- he adds things to Negative Implications Of Apparent Racism Sexism Or Other Such Things that don't actually imply anything
- He Always Posts Absurdly Long Links That Dont Lead Anywhere Because Theyre All Red Links And That Really Screws Up The Server Seriously Whats His Deal Huh?
- He constantly launches new trope pages without posting them first on You Know That Thing What and then defines the trope to appeal to his own personal preference because he thinks that since he's the one creating the trope that he can make the page about his own biased opinions.
- He thinks that every character he likes is an Ensemble Black Horse.
- He thinks any story element that remotely resembles something done in another work must be a Yell Out.
- He capitalizes a trope's title Wr Ong Bec Ause he's too Laz Y to use Bra Ckets for One Word Trop Es.
- Recently, That Troper said things like In A Recent Episode without telling you when he made the edit. Maybe he's a Time Duke?
- He potholes to Straw Republican or Straw Troper or whatever when he's talking about people/characters he doesn't like, even though they weren't meant to be Straw Men at all.
- That Troper, If You Know What This Troper Means
- He thinks that Disney made every Western Animated cartoon, and that all cartoons are for kids, except, that is, for his more mature and thus superior anime.
- She wants Alice to Die For Her Ship.
- He uses every trope possible just to natter against Communism.
- He adds cut pages to The Eternally Redlinked Pages Page for no reason but to gravedance.
- He he has to make sure everyone reading the main page of his favorite work knows that it's Humorous In Hindsight that a voice actor in the Swahili dub later voiced a very similar character in the Swahili dub of some other work. And he finds this either just as or much more important than say, the original English voices.
- He adds his favorite fetish webcomics to every single trope page like it's a classic work everyone can enjoy and is definitely NOT Masturbation Fuel.
- He thinks he's the boss.
- He has a Pony Icon. He will always, ALWAYS, shoehorn an example from My Little Pony Friendsip Is Magic, even if it takes him all day to figure out how to fit it in.
- He thinks MLP:FIM is on the same artistic level as Peace And War and Punishment And Crime. He likes the show because "Disney is finally trying to become as sophisticated as anime". He also thinks it was intended for adult men.
- He thinks a Black Character with any flaws is Negative Discrimination.
- He thinks it's Getting Sex Past The Radar when Bob Says X Hehehe.
- When he comes up with something he thinks is witty, he dashes to write about it on Tv Troopes.
- He thought it was His First Kiss when he Drank Off A Bottle a woman used before.
- He enjoys Moo Over June unironically.
- He likes to list works or creators as tropes.
- He vandalizes every articljfdalsnkazwsexdrcftvgybuhjk.;'ajfkl;a
- He Links To Articles Within The Articles
- He constantly uses Troper Verbal Tics. And that's Terrible.
- he links to the same trope multiple times in one sentence instead of putting it in one link,
- he never uses namespaces when he links to articles, and wishes they still didn't exist.
- He thinks his favorite Lolicon Fic is not pornographic and Yelled At Fast Eddie when it was cut.
- He moans about how someone he's stalked doesn't return his feelings and asks to be left alone, gets angry about it and calls them immature. That Troper is always right.
- He writes a character as a violent sexual offender and gets surprised when someone calls that character a rapist. Don't question the brilliance of That Troper.
- He quotes Monty Python like it's going out of style and thinks he's awesome for it.
- He posts Urban Myths and other falsehoods under the Real World section of the article because he's Really Gullible.
- He wants the Naughty Tentacles page to come back. He also wishes he were allowed to add examples back to the Panty Shoot page.
- He complains about the edits that some people make and adds rude comments after re-editing it.
- He complains about every little thing on a page such as the No Real Life Examples Thank You tag.
- Recently, he's talked about the latest developments in his favorite shows using the words "recently", "currently", "nowadays", etc. so that in a couple months his posts will be completely dated and obsolete.
- He's a snarky asshole to new members who may not understand how tropes work, and belittles them every chance he gets.
- He believes that the example folders are arranged by importance rather than alphabetically. He agrees that Anime And Mana is the most important, followed then by fan fiction.
- He constantly requests for this page to be Cut Ted because it hurts his feelings.
- He uses the Law Of Cautious Editing Judgement page as an excuse to delete examples that conflict with his views of a character, an opinion, a show, etc...
- He deletes a majority of the examples off YMMV or work pages without giving a valid reason.
- He misses those days when he would whine about everything on Troper Tales.
- He wants the Fetish Fuel examples to come back.
- He tries to shoehorn his favorite characters into tropes, and tries to shoehorn characters he doesn't like into evil/villain tropes
- He has a habit of saying that certain people can kick trope readers' asses.
- He deletes entries that he disagrees with, as if his subjective opinion on what's bad or good matters more than anyone else's.
- He puts everything in ALL CAPS when posting an edit reason, and angrily denounces whoever posted something against the current TV Tropes rules even if the entry hasn't been edited since 2010 when rules were different. He thinks this makes him more like That Other Troper, which of course it doesn't.
- Then he complains about it in the discussion section, even though the edit was minor, completely livid over the fact that he has to clean up the kinds of mistakes he himself makes all the time.
- He actually worships the gods in the Troper Pantheon, but wishes they'd delete all those pesky ones that aren't either from an anime or video game series.
- He threatens to quit Tv Tropes whenever he thinks a change has Ruined It Forever, but never actually does (though we all wish he would).
- He constantly posts Walls Of Words and No Context Examples with no middle ground.
- He gets banned from the website for acting like a complete jackass, then creates a blog complaining about how bad TV Tropes is, getting all of his stated reasons for doing so completely wrong.
- He is the KING of claiming all his examples are the most superlative example of whatever it is they're an example of.
- He tries to outwit any comments funnier than his own, without actually adding anything of importance to the article.
- He comments on others' spelling and grammar in-article without actually fixing it.
- Getting his own spelling/grammar wrong in the process.
- He takes multiple edits to add a single point, because previewing is for noobs.
- Contextless Trope: for the obvious reason.
- He's Creepily Obsessed with the word "panty."
- He has conversations with himself on the main page using bullet points, either because he wants it to look like more than one person shares his viewpoint or because he's a schizophrenic.
- I know, isn't that annoying?
- He loves his fedora, even though it seeps into his brain and makes him an Insufferable Douche. That's right - it's not That Troper, it's his shitty hat.
- His favorite scene in Cowboy Bee Bop is the part where the title character is on his computer.
- Even a Sugar Critic would get a Hype Subversion from his favorite shows because he is just that bad at Gushing About Shows He Likes.
- That Troper trapped me in an Endless Recursion of Potholes.
- HE HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO GRACE, THIS TROPER HAS A FUNNY FACE!
- She changes her gender quite annoyingly.
- He uses Indexes as tropes
Standard Flame Retardant
rules apply. Do not name any names, insinuate with the insinuators, or add to the article unless it would contribute in a constructive fashion. Especially you, Adrian.
Or you are, in fact, That Troper or the Adrian in question, in which case, the wiki apologizes for your misfortune.