A Continuity Reboot
of Kinetic Adventures
by Yours Truly
The group of characters who are set to be heavily focused on are the following:
- Roxanne "Star Lass" Kaizen is the team leader. She has solar themed powers that consist of light attacks, flight, and a power-draining ability to move at the speed of light. Roxy spent most of her childhood being socially crippled, but her friendships with Rio and Astra, among others, have helped her to overcome it.
- Macario "Willpower" Rodriguez is the heart of the team. He is capable of harnessing his life energy into physical attacks, detecting the aura of other people, and is unable to be killed by anything short of natural causes. Though social and very friendly, Rio is often too dim or scatterbrained to have people stick by him. However, as one of the first true friends Roxy felt she had and because of his endless energy, she sticks by him and is currently engaged to him.
- Astra "Black Moon" Badr is the second in command. Capable of lunar powers to counter Star Lass, she can alter gravity, control darkness, and go through solid matter. She's not lacking in self-esteem and is very driven to help others in need, but such a personality is countered by her short temper and difficulty in working with others. Nonetheless, she and Roxy have been best friends since middle school and will give their lives to protect one another.
- Claire "Metal Queen" Morgan is the brains. As her alias implies, she has control over metal, along with a great deal of intelligence that she acquired on her own and a suit of armor she made. She befriended Roxy and Astra in high school, to her still-baffled amazement. In spite of her overly cynical stance on life, Claire can - and will - defend her friends and family with her life if she must.
Along the way, they team up with various other heroes against the forces of evil.
Though only the first volume is in the works, I hope to release five (with a total of fifty chapters, ten for each volume). So far only the prologue has been release, but it's no longer considered canon. It can be found here: http://metal-shadow-x.deviantart.com/art/Superzeroes-Prologue-357694215
On May 1, 2013, the story was revised once again. However, the chapters from before are for the most part still considered part of the main plot, but the series will fast forward closer to the present.
Then at the start of 2014, the plot was re
-revised. In an attempt to still be in the present, the backstories were tweaked to make the characters more developed as time went on. There's no plans to release what I have, but I'm hoping more things will be set in stone as some are. Currently working on a 13 chapter arc that's at least a bit episodic until near the end.
This story will contain:
- Action Girl: Pretty much every female character that has focus...
- Big Beautiful Woman/Amazonian Beauty: Roxy is a mixture of both.
- Breakout Character: Despite being planned to be the third most important character, as the early chapters are forming, Black Moon's become a more developed character than even Roxy herself. Although probably chalked up to being the main one to have problems to overcome (although Star Lass' struggle as leader is ongoing), it could be also because she feels easier to write for.
- Deconstructive Parody: Of Superhero-type fiction.
- Denser and Wackier/Darker and Edgier: While still often serious and probably even darker in some regards than its predecessor was planned to be, it's also intended to be a far more "out there" series than Kinetic.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Takes place around the city of Humble (the H is silent).
- Expy: Claire is a shameless knockoff of the character Daria.
- First-Person Smartass: Roxy, more often than she expects.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Roxy (phlegmatic), Rio (sanguine), Astra (choleric), and Claire (melancholic).
- Genius Ditz: Downplayed. Despite his loony and often dim moments, Rio is still able to function normally and has a few moments of brilliance.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Averted. While the two of them have a healthy sex life, Roxy develops a turn-on for being Aggressive Submissive.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Roxy and Astra.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Claire, which comes with being a Daria clone. She will insult her friends to their faces but save them from danger at any cost, and she'd probably do it at the same time.
- Kid Hero: Bert, a young boy Astra rescues, who eventually tags along as Acoustic.
- Lunacy: Lunar Lass' powers of gravity and darkness are centered around this.
- NEET: Roxy is a female version of one. Outside of her superhero life, she has nothing going on.
- Official Couple: Star Lass and Willpower, to the point that they're already engaged by chapter one.
- Shout-Out: Tons to different music that I'm a fan of. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Metallica for starters.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Although the series so far is admittedly a bit light on even the mild swearing compared to various sexual references, Black Moon is shown to have a much bigger mouth on her than the others.
- Stock Superpowers: The main characters alone are...
- World of Snark: At least I'm trying to make it one.
- X Meets Y: Instead of a general "Slice of Life meets Superhero" story, it's more directly "One Piece meets Daria with a dash of Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure".