Darth Wiki / Settoukyou
Settoukyou (or 窃盗狂, or せっとうきょう, as you like) is Massawhore
's pet project, going (in her head) for a good six years now. She would have made a page for it long ago, but it took her this long to think of a title for it. Even so, it's a temporary title.
Settoukyou is a (planned) game series, spanning five games and ten years worth of gameplay, each game starring one of the seven main characters as the so-called lead. Though there are seven leads, the number of playable characters varies throughout, depending on who dies and who shows up, really, and the only real distinction the seven have is being present in all five games (six out of the seven are playable in all five- Misha
is only ten in the first game and thus isn't playable). It takes place in Ikaria, an Earth-like world inhabited by humans and demons
(humanlike in appearance, though possessing strange coloration, weird powers, and long pointed ears), where the controversy of the day is over Elementalists
- humans that are born with demon-like powers. Settoukyou is the thieves' guild that all the leads are a part of. The main characters are:
- Tanya: The main character of the first game, and a water Elementalist. The exiled princess of Eyther (the largest human country in Ikaria) A bit of a Cloud Cuckoo Lander and definitely more than a little clueless, especially at the beginning. The newest member of Settoukyou.
- Sienna: The main character of the second game, and a fire demon. She's a definite Genki Girl with a bit of Deadpan Snarker mixed in for good measure. She's the most infamous thief of Settoukyou- her heritage makes her impossibly fast, and her bright red clothing makes her quite recognizable.
- Fiona: The main character of the third game, and a wind Elementalist. Stripperific will be your first thought upon seeing her. Generally she's quite cynical and angry, but she'll occasionally use her sex appeal to get what she wants. This rarely ends well.
- Raine: The main character of the fourth game, and a dark Elementalist. She can be a Deadpan Snarker- she usually is, in fact- but she is genuinely fond of the rest of her group. She can get a bit motherly at times (though she isn't the oldest), but she'll deny it fiercely if anyone says so. She's very protective in general, especially of Kai and her little sister Misha.
- Kai: The main character of the fifth game, and a wind half-demon. He wants to be a Badass so badly, but he's a typical hero in most ways- he's headstrong, quick to make decisions, terrible at listening to others, and generally being a bit immature. He has his moments of cool, but generally he feels overshadowed by Emmett. He is incredibly protective of Raine, though she is protective of him as well.
- Emmett: Kai's older brother, and a water half-demon. He's basically the Badass that Kai wishes he was- he's The Stoic and The Smart Guy, generally in charge of making plans. Girls tend to like him...for obvious reasons He defrosts quite a bit throughout the course of the series.
- Misha: Raine's little sister, and a light Elementalist. Only a child, she is a young Emotionless Girl at the very beginning, though she shows small signs of emotion fairly early on, and soon sheds that skin altogether, become a quite well-put-together young lady as time goes on, though she becomes a bit of a Tsundere regarding boys.
As a fair warning: this series is pretty Troperiffic
Settoukyou provides examples of:
- A God Am I: Damien. Just, Damien. To a lesser extent, Sonja.
- Badass Longcoat: Emmett's, and later James'.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT MISTAKE DAMIEN FOR A GIRL. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.
- Bishounen: Pretty much every boy in the series; though Emmett and Damien are the most egregious examples, Kai, James, Jacob, Aiden and possibly Jesse all also qualify.
- Complete Monster: Damien pretty much devolves into this.
- Creepy Twins: Blae and Nica, the dragon children, are essentially palette-swapped versions of each other and act entirely in unison. They are pretty much terrifying.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of the characters to some degree. Sienna, Raine and Emmett are the worst offenders.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Damien. He's just pretty! Stop making fun of him! Stop it, I say!
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Many of the dark demons, and most of the dark Elementalists and half-demons. Raine and James are obvious examples. Misha is one as well despite being a light Elementalist.
- Eyepatch of Power: Kai wears one on his right eye. He lost that eye in a fight- he covers the scar with his hair and the eyepatch.
- Girlish Pigtails: Misha has these until her Important Haircut.
- Half-Human Hybrid: All of the half demons, including Kai, Emmett, Tristan and Aeron.
- Ill Girl: Guinevere.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Naturally- this is a video game, after all. James' are particularly ridiculous/awesome.
- Knife Nut: Sienna, Sienna, and Sienna. Not in a creepy way, though.
- Light Is Not Good: Element has nothing to do with alignment, so plenty of light Elementalists/demons are evil. And of course there's Sonja, leader of the Angels and Damien's girlfriend- though the Angels aren't evil themselves, they find themselves fighting for the wrong side under Sonja's lead.
- Loners Are Freaks: Tristan and Guinevere. Of course, they both kind of are freaks.
- Manipulative Bastard: Damien, full stop.
- Moral Event Horizon: Oh lord. King Damien's (the 3rd) is probably sending his twelve-year-old son to fight and either kill his sister or be killed by her. Aeron's is setting up poor, sweet Tristan to take the fall for his killing Ariel. Sonja has plenty, but killing James is the absolute last straw. And Damien has even more, including mind-screwing his little sister, indirectly getting Ian killed, and generally killing lots and lots of people, but forcing Kai to kill Raine is the absolute worst thing he could possibly do.
- Mr. Fanservice: The male characters were pretty much made with this in mind.
- Our Angels Are Different: Quite. Angels are all originally light or dark Elementalist humans- it's genetic, so most of them have an Angel as a parent. Light Elementalists become Angels, and dark Elementalists become Dark Angels, naturally- when Angel qualities are found in a child (usually after puberty), they are sent to live with the society of Angels that they now belong to. The two sides are constantly at war, but actual bloodshed is rare. Until Damien comes along, anyway.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demons in Ikaria are humanlike in appearance, but their hair, skin and eyes are colored depending on their element (red or dark tan skin, red or orange hair and eyes for fire demons, for example). They also possess long, strangely shaped ears.
- Psychotic Smirk: Damien and Sonja.
- Thieves' Guild: The titular Settoukyou, as well as Dokuyaku, the much more dangerous assassin's guild.
- Twincest: Blae and Nica love each other VERY MUCH.
- Weapon of Choice: Every single character in the games has a different one. For simplicity's sake, the most important characters:
- The Woobie: Tristan. Oh lord, Tristan!