Darth Wiki: Dead Sea Circus
Based on the Wormhole series, Dead Sea Circus tells the story of a Circus Brat named Cadence, along with the rest of the DSC crew, and how they came to be the freak show of marine animal-human hybrids made to entertain the masses.
Dead Sea Circus provides examples of:
- Bare Your Midriff: Davey and Scylla's outfits.
- Body Horror: If the fact that Cadence has Combat Tentacles sprouting out her back didn't do it for you, Scylla's Saw a Woman in Half act will.
- Circus of Fear
- Face of a Thug: Davey.
- Five Stages of Grief: The five main characters represent them.
- Davey J. represents denial in that she's an Attention Whore who mostly sees her job as a way of getting limelight. She actually knows what's going on, and hates it.
- Leviathan is anger, because he harbors a deep-seated hatred for the director of the circus and the audience, but mostly keeps it to himself.
- Cadence represents bargaining, due to the fact that her opinion flip-flops between negative and positive feelings about her life.
- Quinn represents depression, being a Sad Clown who's actually quite miserable with his existence.
- Scylla represents acceptance, since she's clearly unhappy with her state in life but has none the less given up hope of things getting any better for her.
- Hartman Hips: Scylla.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Quite a few.
- Cadence's Combat Tentacles that come out of her back.
- Leviathan's electrical abilities, especially since he actually has to more or less shock himself to produce it.
- Scylla's Healing Factor becomes this when used in the sawed-in-half trick.
- Davey's hair spikes are filled with a lethal toxin. And she can't control its effects should someone accidentally touch them.
- Quinn, being part shark, goes utterly insane at the smell of blood. Added to this are heightened physical strength and perception, but still...that makes it even worse.
- Ms. Fanservice: Scylla gets special mention for Godiva Hair. Not that Davey isn't all over this trope herself.
- Saw a Woman in Half: Played straight in the beginning, but subverted after people started getting bored with the old trick. Then the act is changed to Scylla actually being sawed in half, only for her healing factor to kick in and regenerate herself.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Cadence has been known to do this.