- In The Gamers Alliance, Amarawyn and Marya both get in trouble a few times, prompting heroes to save them from kidnappers.
- This video is probaly the best Deconstruction of this trope in the history of anything ever.
- Whateley Universe: Jinn Sinclair in "Bottle a Jinn", when she is "absorbed" by Rich Bitch Solange (Jinn is a protagonist, but is non-corporeal, and Solange has the power of being able to absorb spirits and steal their powers). Lampshaded when Team Kimba try to rescue her and end up in a huge brawl that gets them into serious trouble with the school administration. They realize afterward that Jinn isn't helpless, is manipulating Solange against her will, and needed a much smarter plan from her team. Ultimately, Jinn cons Solange into letting her go just seconds before Solange will most need her powers.
- Tania in Wormtooth Nation starts off as one after being nixed.
- The normally competent Lord of the Supreme Council of The Questport Chronicles, winds up as her sister's prisoner. She's not happy to be rescued.
- The frequent abductions of Princesses Peach and Zelda are playfully deconstructed in this College Humor video.
Zelda: Ganondorf has an entire army of loyal minions, and they do whatever I say! Link just has that stupid fairy...
- In The Nostalgia Chick's Dark Nella Saga, the titular Big Bad tied the Makeover Fairy up the bathtub and tortured her by scraping her make-up off. She looked exactly the same afterwards.
- Discussed by Worst Muse: "Your protagonist is just a little too perfect? Maybe consider making her adorably clumsy and in need of frequent rescue."