Zac Efron (or Zefron
) is an American Actor whose first (and most famous) major role was as Troy in High School Musical
. Since then, some think that he has branched into a more "serious" actor with better performances.
He often plays the Big Man on Campus
He dated HSM co-star Vanessa Hudgens
for three years. They split in late 2010; both attribute the breakup to simply growing up.
He may also be Kira
Movies Zac Efron have been in include:
Tropes applying to Zac:
- Ascended Meme: Possibly. Apparently he's in talks to be in the American adaptation of Death Note.
- Now rumor has it that he turned down the part citing the need to cast Asian actors for the Asian characters, avoiding a Race Lift. Which is surprisingly noble for someone whose public image was once that of a vapid pretty boy.
- I Am Not Troy Bolton: With the exception of 17 Again and The Lucky One, All of his post-HSM films kept flopping at the box office until 2014, with smash box office success of Neighbors and the modest success of That Awkward Moment.
- Mr. Fanservice: Takes his shirt off a lot. Is also tricked into taking his shirt off a lot.
- One of Us: Is known to be a fan of Naruto and Death Note, the latter of which may contribute to the above. Reportedly, he was asked by Disney to downplay his more nerdy tendencies.