Creator / Yoshizilla Rhedosaurus
is a very prolific, very insane fanfic
author who makes a lot of strange stories, usually involving Mario
, Super Smash Bros.
, or crossovers involving Space Ghost
. His name is a combination of Yoshi
, and the Rhedosaurus (which is the name of titular Beast From 20,000 Fathoms)
. He often notes that he is a bit off when it comes to his sanity, as some of his more well known fics have shown. Occasionally, he has shown to be lazy. But sometimes, when he's not, he makes bizarre fanfics like this
, which are even at times requested
. You don't know what you're getting when you read his stuff. So lucky for us he's a weird guy. Lucky he's a man who positively can do all the things that make us laugh and cry... he's a crazy guy.
Getting his start on Fanfiction Net
, he had since branched out. He has a fanfiction account on Archive On Our Own, in addition to pastebin.
Plus, he can now be found on DK Vine
. He also has a Twitter account
, alongside a Tumblr blog, a Miiverse account, and his own booru.
Fanfics that Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus has written:
Tropes that apply to Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus:
- A Day in the Limelight: He makes occasional fanfics for characters who are secondary, supporting, or minor in their respective sources. The two prominent fanfics of Yoshizilla's that are the most prominent examples of this in action are Life At Pizza Hut and Waluigi's Taco Stand, respectively for Silver The Hedgehog and Waluigi.
- Adaptational Badass: Plenty of characters Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus writes about have this occur to them due to him doing so much more with them than their home series.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Poor Luigi is constantly arrested by [[Super Mario 64 King Bob-omb and Goomboss for doing mundane things, such as waiting in line for a movie, or for wearing his usual outfit.
- Ascended Extra: Several of the characters he uses frequently for his fan projects were barely used when he first started with them years ago. Now, they're easy to find in fanfics and other fan works, the two most prominent examples being Dry Bowser and Toadette.
- Author Appeal: Quite obviously the motive behind the female fart fetish fics and growling stomachs, despite his occasional claims that it's to be humorous. His obsession with New York City and Universal Studios is notably apparent.
- Bait-and-Switch: One of the appeals of his fanfiction since you don't know what you're getting into when you read them. It could be a naughty billed fanfic that's completely safe, or the complete opposite.
- Baseball Episode: There is a lot of baseball going on in many of his stories (several of them are just about baseball).
- Beach Episode: Many of his fanworks have this occur on a regular basis, particularly the actual beach themed ones that literally take place in Isle Delfino and Seaside Hill.
- Big Applesauce: He has shown an enormous amount of love for New York City, specifically Manhattan and Brooklyn. And also, the fiery metropolis known as Crisis City.
- Big Eater: Several of the girls qualify as this (with it also being the explanation for them being so fart filled). However there are some guys who are this, like Petey Piranha.
- Bill... Bill... Junk... Bill...: Is commonly used as a recurring gag.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: At the rate things have been going, it's been shattered.
- Breakout Character: Some of the characters he has written about have gotten much more attention than when they started off. The absolutely most prominent examples are Dry Bowser, Toadette, and Waluigi.
- Burping Contest: Farting is commonly involved in these, and the gassy contests are almost exclusively done by girls.
- Burger Fool: Various characters in his stories often work at several fast food joints, with McDonald's itself being the most common. Some have their own, like Waluigi and his taco stand or Petey Piranha and his popcorn parlor.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Princess Rosalina. Farted on, trampled by Wigglers, given a "The Reason You Suck" Speech by Dry Bowser, soiling herself after eating laxative-filled sweets, mistaken for Peach or other similar blonde women, hated by everyone else, retconned out of stories, Killed Off for Real... The list goes on.
- Most of the Fire Emblem characters aren't exclusive from this, especially after the release of Smash 4.
- Diddy Kong also counts as a literal example, to a lesser extent.
- Kirby is not safe from this either, as he's regularly injured or killed off.
- Catch-Phrase: Expect to see "Doh I Missed" popping up in most of his stories. Several characters have this too, of which are
- Dry Bowser saying "Korttork".
- Toadette exclaiming "Tahaya".
- Tiny Kong's declaration (usually referring to her flatulence): "My name may be tiny, but my body isn't!"
- Character Name and the Noun Phrase: A bunch of stories come off as this, whether the title actually makes sense, is merely used as an excuse, or for no coherent reason whatsoever
- Characterization Marches On: Toadette's farting habit. She goes from being embarrassed by it to eventually embracing and loving it, to the point where sometimes it becomes her only character trait.
- Cloud Cuckooland: Not only has a fanfic literally about two different versions of it, but some of the places in his other fanfics as well.
- Comic Trio: Yoshi, Peppy Ankylosaurus, and Dr. Hoshi used to be this when they appeared together.
- Crack Fic: Is basically what a good chunk of his stories are. Some people think that all of his stories are like this.
- Crossover: Several of his fanfiction works do this frequently, both in the author's own works and several works written by others.
- Dastardly Whiplash: Waluigi and Dick Dastardly are the most common ones, with the latter being one of the Trope Namers.
- Dead Fic: There's just far too many to name. The former, but pivotal example being Yoshi Kart.
- Deadpan Snarker: Yoshizilla himself is known to be this.
- Demoted to Extra: Despite being part of the name sake, Yoshi is not in as much of the author's fanfics as he used to be.
- Godzilla and the Rhedosaurus also barely show up in his stories despite both of them also being part of his namesake.
- Several of the characters he disliked have been appearing far less, to the point of not being involved in the stories at all. A notable example being Rosalina.
- Doorstopper: Life At Pizza Hut has officially passed 800 chapters. And there's several others, too, including Dry Bowser and Toadette's Smashing Madness, Meloetta's Icing Fetish, Amy Rose's Big Butt Farting, the Cute Toot House, Princess Peach's Farting Problem, Belle's Farting Problem, Hedgehogs In An Elevator, Toadette's Thousand Tales, and Waluigi's Taco Stand. Never mind the fact that these are just a small percentage of his over 1000 stories.
- Drabble: Several of his stories are this, or start out like this.
- Early Installment Weirdness: His earlier fanfics are nothing like the ones he would write years later.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The namesakes for him are all dinosaurs or related to them.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: A general amount of his fanfics are just what the title to them are about.
- Excuse Plot: Some of his fanfics turn into this down the line when they're deemed too boring to continue the initial plot line.
- Extreme Omnivore: Petey Piranha can eat anything and everything, even if done for a gag.
- Fan Verse: Some of his stories have this for themselves and to each other. Most notably are the stories featuring businesses in or around Seaside Hill.
- Fartillery: The frequently gassy girls in Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus' stories have loud, destructive farts that can destroy anything. The most infamous example is Princess Peach Toadstool, mainly inspired by her farting Peach Bomber attack and other similar butt and hip related moves in Super Smash Bros..
- Farts on Fire: Princess Peach most commonly does this thanks to her butt exploding Peach Bomber.
- Flash Fiction: How several of his fanfiction can turn out to be due to the exhilarating pace they go by.
- Gainax Ending: Several of his stories end abruptly with little to no logic whatsoever.
- Gasshole: Most of the girls involved in Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus's fanfics have this quirk of always farting regardless of the context, specifically letting out brassy, deep pitched, pants-pooping tuba toots of brassy gas. The biggest cases being Princess Peach Toadstool, Princess Daisy, Toadette, Amy Rose, Meloetta, Lady Palutena, Tiny Kong, the female Wii Fit Trainer, Malon, and Bianca, with five of them somehow creating memes, those being of Princess Peach farting, Lady Palutena farting, Toadette farting, Princess Daisy farting in tight jeans, and Pokemon's Farting Bianca. And also, to a lesser extent, they poop and burp constantly, too.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Figuratively and literally.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: This happens commonly, given that the trope is played with quite literally.
- Gross-Out Show: Surprisingly, despite having a large amount of fetish fanfics, they only make up 3/10th of his entire fanfiction collection (of which there are 1000 stories).
- Growling Gut: Most of the girls in his fanfics. Recently, Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus has been making Aria Meloetta a particular target, as Meloetta's stomach growling is present in nearly every fanfic she's involved in.
- It Amused Me: Explains why he does several of his more infamous things.
- King Mook: Created a bigger version of the Zubbas with a yellow crown aptly named the Zubba King. Although some of the official characters he uses can be this, like Petey Piranha.
- Last Episode, New Character: In his more obscure and smaller fanfics, he has certain characters show up when they originally weren't in the story to begin with, whether they're major or minor.
- Lemonade Stands: Several of his stories feature these, with the most famous one belonging to Lilligant and Whimsicott.
- Lethal Lava Land: He loves fire levels, particularly the Grumble Volcano and Crisis City. Bowser's Castle also falls into this occasionally.
- Mandatory Line: Subverted, a handful of his characters do this, most notably the trio of Arceus, Dry Bowser, and Gruntilda for his more popular stories when they're not part of the plot.
- Meaningful Rename: Precisely added the Rhedosaurus to his name to help him stand out from the other Yoshizillas online.
- Medium Awareness: Several of his characters in his fanfics know they're in fanfiction.
- Ms. Fanservice: The grand majority of female character in his works have the author's fetishes as their defining (and often only) character trait. They basically do nothing but fart, get hungry, eat a ton, burp, and poop. Most of them are indistinguishable from each other, to the point where you could take one fic, swap the name of a female character out for a different one, and nobody would notice.
- Negative Continuity: Nearly all his fanfics are not connected, but there are a few exceptions.
- Original Character: Has had plenty of them, but the most well kown are Dr. Hoshi and Peppy Ankylosaurus.
- Out of Focus: This occurs to characters who have a huge presence in general already, such as Mario or Sonic.
- Palmtree Panic: The author loves to use Seaside Hill in many of his fanfics. And he also has a love for Isle Delfino.
- Put on a Bus: For a while, he used to use his fanfic writing account on Fanfiction Net less than he uses tumblr, twitter, and even his other fanfic penning profile on Archive Of Our Own.
- Reading Ahead in the Script: His Space Ghost fanfiction is most commonly known to do this, though some of his other unrelated stories do this additionally.
- Recycled Title: Expect to see a few fanfics of his end up like this, even if the execution is completely different.
- Running Gag: Way too many to name. The most notable are:
- Self-Deprecation: He has willingly admitted that he's terrible.
- Shout-Out: He gives common, uncommon, and obscure shout outs to all sorts of different things. Most of them are rather unexpected.
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: Several of his fanfics make no mention of characters who play important roles in the story. Its more noticeable on his FF Net stories, since they only have four character tags at maximum.
- Skyscraper City: Several cities that are like this appear in his stories, most notably New York City itself, Casino Park, Station Square, and Empire City's Skyscraper Scamper.
- Spinoff: Plenty of his fanfics serve as this, but on the other hand some of them spawn spin offs of their own. The most prominent fanfics of his that count as spinoffs are Life At Pizza Hut (which is based off a popular video regarding Shadow The Hedgehog and Silver The Hedgehog at Pizza Hut), Waluigi's Taco Stand (which is based on an ancient GameFAQs meme from the long deleted Gamecube board), and the nefarious ''Cute Toot House'' story for the equally infamous ''Hot Topic Krew'' fanfic. On the note of spin offs, not only do a couple of his stories have spin offs to them like Lilligant's Lemonade Stand, but the author himself has made several off shoots of his Waluigi's Taco Stand fanfiction on his Archive Of Our Own profile, in addition to his various other popular stories.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Space Ghost and the Ice Climbers are involved in a lot of his recent fanfics on Fanfiction Net, which revolve around crossovers with multiple different properties. Toadette was another notable example.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Peppy Ankylosaurus and Dr. Hoshi are this (the latter is a raptor who kind of resembles Yoshi).
- Stomach of Holding: Petey Piranha is this for Yoshizilla-Rhedosaurus.
- Stylistic Suck: Sometimes he intentionally writes badly done fanfiction as a way to entertain the readers and himself.
- Talk Show: Aside from the fact that he wrote many Space Ghost Coast to Coast fanfics, he has plenty of others with different characters.
- The Bus Came Back: Dr. Hoshi and Peppy Ankylosaurus made a return to Yoshizilla's fanfics after years of being dormant and only appearing in Yoshi Kart.
- The Cameo: Almost all off the characters in his fanfics turn out to be this at some point.
- The Lost Woods: The author frequently uses the Click Clock Wood excessively.
- The Professor: Dr. Hoshi is the most prominent one, but various other scientists have appeared such as Doc Brown.
- The Talk Show with Host Name: The aforementioned Space Ghost Coast To Coast, as well as one starring Dry Bowser and Toadette, another one with ROB, and a separate one featuring Palutena and Popo.
- Theme Parks: Has written several themed stories around the parks of Universal, Six Flags, and Disney.
- ˇThree Amigos!: Arceus, Dry Bowser, and Gruntilda Winkybunion act as one.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Meloetta and vanilla icing, Little Mac and McDonald's, Chrom and fish sticks, Palutena and pancakes.
- Troll Fic: A good portion of his seemingly endless fanfics. Some of his more earnest fanfics turn into troll fanfics halfway in.
- 2-for-1 Show: Many of his stories has stories within them to give them some more variety and depth, particularly if the main story in question is lacking or bland by comparison.
- Universal-Adaptor Cast: How he treats his most recurring characters.
- Wacky Racing: There is a constant amount of racing wackiness going in in plenty of his fanfics. Also includes actual fanfics based on Wacky Races.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Yoshizilla does it to himself in reference to several fanfics he wrote that he couldn't believe he thought up. Some of the characters in his story also point this out.
- Word Salad Title: Several of his fanfics are randomly titled bizarrely, with them either being related in subtle ways, or having no relation beyond the first chapter.
- World of Chaos: A good chunk of his fanfiction is this. Chances are that if it starts normal, it will become chaotic later on.
- Would Hit a Girl: The females of his fanfiction are not immune to the laws of slapstick.