Creator: William Goldman
“Writing is finally about one thing: going into a room alone and doing it. Putting words on paper that have never been there in quite that way before. And although you are physically by yourself, the haunting Demon never leaves you, that Demon being the knowledge of your own terrible limitations, your hopeless inadequacy, the impossibility of ever getting it right. No matter how diamond-bright your ideas are dancing in your brain, on paper they are earthbound.”Born in 1931, Goldman is a famous American screenwriter, novelist and Hollywood script doctor. His works include:
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- A Bridge Too Far
- Magic, a quirky novel made into a movie starring a very young Anthony Hopkins.
- Marathon Man — original novel (and its sequel Brothers) and screenplay.
- The Stepford Wives (screenplay for the original film based on the novel by Ira Levin)
- All The Presidents Men (which won him the Academy Award for Adapted Screenplay)
- Adventures in the Screen Trade
- The Princess Bride. Both the original book and the screenplay for the movie.