Creator: Toshihiko Masuda
Born in 1960, Toshihiko Masuda is one of the major directors at Telecom Animation Film. He joined with Telecom in 1980 as a in-between animator and became a director in 1983, taking over Hayao Miyazaki's unit after he left to go work at Topcraft
to do Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
. Masuda is known for his wacky
animation, and is the one who set the style in Telecom's western productions in the '80s and '90s.
Productions worked on by Toshihiko Masuda:
open/close all folders
Side Note: Due to other studios outsourcing varying amounts of work to Telecom by this time, not everything will be listed from here on. For a slightly more extensive list, click here
- Hime Chen Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri (first series): Director for both openings, also did some retakes for the first ending (lead by Kenji Hachizaki).
- Cartoon Style Fighting Kids/It's Tropical (Live Action X Animation cross bread; Also A Music Video): Animation Director.
- Batman: Under the Red Hood: Key Animation
- Cardfight!! Vanguard: Key Animation for the second opening and episodes 53, 60 and 65.
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes: Storyboards
- You Are Umasou: Animation Director
- Thundercats 2011: Key Animation for the first episode.
- Blade: Storyboards for episodes 9 and 11. Key Animation for episodes 1 and 12.
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Key animation for four episodes.
- Monsuno: Key Animation for episode 11.
- Justice League: Doom: Storyboards (under the name of Toshihiku Masuda).
- Sakamichi No Apollon: Key Animation on episode four.
- Superman VS The Elite: Animation Director
- Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter: Key animation for episode 24.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Animation director for episodes 5 and 12. Key Animation for episodes 12 and 19.
- Aikatsu (Season 1): Director for the (main) pre-opening bumper and Storyboards on episodes 13, 21, 26 and 29.
- Aikatsu (Season 2): Storyboards for episode 10, 13, 20, 27, 31, 36, 41 and 48.
- Son of Batman: Key Animation.