"It's all of them against me. I am the supervillain. So it's Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury forming a team because I've got so badass."
Born 9 February 1981, Thomas William "Tom" Hiddleston
is an English actor best known for his role as Loki in Thor
and The Avengers
. In 2012, he starred in the BBC's Hollow Crown
series of Shakespeare's plays as Prince Hal in Henry IV
parts one and two and the titular role in Henry V
Has rather a large fanbase on sites like Tumblr
, made up mostly of fangirls
- Celebrity Resemblance: Very much with Russian actor Sergei Bezrukov, especially in motion.
- Dyeing For Your Art: From blond curls to Loki's straight black locks. He also did extensive physical preparation for the role—after gaining a great deal of muscle to play Thor, he trimmed down and studied Capoeira, among other things, to play Loki.
- Fan Nickname:
- And his more dedicated fans: "Hiddlestoners."
- Another nickname for his fans: "Loki's Army."
- Mean Character Nice Actor: He's known to American audiences for playing the villainous Loki, but in interviews he can't stop beaming about how wonderful it all is and how much he loves the role and his co-stars. According to Tumblr, he's the nicest human being on the planet.
- From Stan Lee's Twitter: "And if you want a cooler than cool villain who's also the nicest guy you'll ever meet—I give you Loki's alter ego, Tom Hiddleston."
- One of Us:
- Star-Making Role: Loki in Thor and now The Avengers.